• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

DMac out of world cup

Larksea

First XV
TRF Legend
Country Flag
New Zealand
just this second made the same thread! i have question marks around Dmac but regardless of that i cant help but feel for anyone that picks up an injury this close to the world cup :(

I don't think the All Blacks will miss him too much; Mo'unga's a better 10 and Smith is a better 15, but still gutted for the guy. Seems like a properly nice bloke, real shame that we won't be seeing him in Japan.

big blow to versatility and depth, the first XV might be ok...but another injury could really hurt us now...bring back Hayden parker....a couple of club games should make him eligible ;)

That's a shame. He's a cracking player to watch. Like Cruden before the last RWC who also did in his ACL.

This could mean Jordie getting a look in on the right wing or full back. Or a bolter like George Bridge? Naholo by all accounts has had a shocking season so far for the Highlanders.

That's a shame. He's a cracking player to watch. Like Cruden before the last RWC who also did in his ACL.

This could mean Jordie getting a look in on the right wing or full back. Or a bolter like George Bridge? Naholo by all accounts has had a shocking season so far for the Highlanders.
Far from shocking, he's been injured recently

Far from shocking, he's been injured recently

Even so Hansen's preference is to play one out and out winger (Reiko) a full back (Smith or Jordie) and a fullback cum winger type (Smith/ now NMS is out of favour) in his back 3. I don't think two out and out wingers works for the ABs. With Rieko almost a certain starter that means Naholo plays second fiddle as either a bench option or replacement for Reiko if he's injured.

I agree but, just wanted to point out it's more a decision than due to shock form

Agreed. I love watching DMac.

It's a shame to think that he and Leavy probably won't be the only players to miss out.

Knee surgery has definitely improved in the last few years so I'm hoping both can come back at the level they were at before the injuries. At least both are young enough to have a chance of playing in 2023.

we have quality players to cover his loss, the major problems start when you have 2-3 players or more going down in the same area, at 10 we have Barrett and Richie and at 15 we have bender and Jordie. But what we definitely lose out on his the unique skill set he brings to the attacking game. As a small player with insane vision, speed and agility he brings an aspect to the attacking game of teams he plays in that can't be replaced. he creates miss matches and exploits tiring defenses maybe better than any other player in the world right now. Missing him kinda changes the whole dynamic of the AB's attacking game.
Plus its just a bit of a shame for everyone the world cup will be missing one of the biggest stars and most exciting players to watch right now.

Agreed. I love watching DMac.

It's a shame to think that he and Leavy probably won't be the only players to miss out.

Knee surgery has definitely improved in the last few years so I'm hoping both can come back at the level they were at before the injuries. At least both are young enough to have a chance of playing in 2023.
Knee surgery has improved? Acl used to be a showstopper for outside backs. Not anymore?

Knee surgery has improved? Acl used to be a showstopper for outside backs. Not anymore?
definitely improved, my wife's had two, one in the late nineties which has a scar right down the middle and still gives her grief...one in 2013 and she was skiing again by the end of 2015 done just through keyhole surgery

Latest posts