• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

Doug Howlett arrested?

J

jawmalawm24

Just saw a news update on nz one network news saying that he's been arrested in London can someone explain?

Some people deal with stuff like that in different ways.

Some People blame the Ref, others go to a quiet, French Town and have a holiday, others smash London Hotel Rooms and Attack Two Cars. All part of the healing process.

Damn is that what happened, you bloody Aucklanders can't handle aye. I could understand if Lauaki or Sivivatu did something stupid being the idiots they are but not Dougie.

Oh well guess he doesn't care anyway he'll be other there somewhere next season whooping the **** outta everyone.

Damn is that what happened, you bloody Aucklanders can't handle aye. I could understand if Lauaki or Sivivatu did something stupid being the idiots they are but not Dougie.

Oh well guess he doesn't care anyway he'll be other there somewhere next season whooping the **** outta everyone.
[/b]
Well he got left out of the starting side for the France game, I would be well frustrated if I was in that situation, that's for sure, his form was pretty damn good too...

[/b]

excuse me? You will never understand how it feels. if you were the best fullback in the world and held a record of the most try scoring person in history and not even be chosen for the substitute of the game which YOU could have changed the whole outcome, wouldnt you be frustrated? Hes going to the Munsters and he wont have other oppotunities like this and even if hes going to be whooping the **** out of everyone noone in New Zealand would even know. (because we dont care about European rugby).

Damn is that what happened, you bloody Aucklanders can't handle aye. I could understand if Lauaki or Sivivatu did something stupid being the idiots they are but not Dougie.[/b]

Must be the Tongan side in Dougie that came out to play that night :lol:

For some reason this story gives me an imagine of Howlett as the Incredible Hulk 'RAAAR DOUG SMASH!' :)

poor bugger must be heart broken. been the form winger for the team only to get shunted and won't (most likely not) get the opportunity to play for the ABs again. U smash them cars g!

Yep, frustrating for him. Having to go to a country and play that'll call him a choker for the next four years when he wasn't even on the field or reserves.

^lol^

Hes had a great year i mean getting try scoring records for the S14 and ABs, becoming a new father, this mustve been a shot in the arse!

Hes going to the Munsters and he wont have other oppotunities like this and even if hes going to be whooping the **** out of everyone noone in New Zealand would even know. (because we dont care about European rugby).
[/b]
Maybe you should start caring about European Rugby, seeing as they ousted you out of a world cup. I don't know, maybe it's just me, but I like to study those who beat me, so I can come back and beat them...but hey, just keep your eyes focused on that Long White Cloud and we'll see you in 4 years.

Anywho, I hope this doesn't screw anything up with his move to Munster. I'm excited to see such a great player play for such a great club. Regardless of Hemispheres it looks to be a good pairing: Munster & Dougie.

its a real pity, Douggie is a superb player, I have a lot of respect for him. Seems quite out of character this, perhaps after a few drinks, someone said the wrong thing and he took it out on property rather than someone's face so it might have been worse.

Look forward to seeing him play in the Heineken Cup, hopefully vs. Gloucester at some stage, him vs. the Volcano should be incredible.

For some reason this story gives me an imagine of Howlett as the Incredible Hulk 'RAAAR DOUG SMASH!' :) [/b]

Really? I was thinking more of an image of some drunk idiot, probably in jeans and a tight t-shirt staggering around outside his hotel scratching cars with his keys.

People always think that big guys when drunk look like some monster when actually they're exactly the same as everyone else when drunk: stupid, lethargic and prone to serious desertions of common sense and reality.

<div class='quotemain'> For some reason this story gives me an imagine of Howlett as the Incredible Hulk 'RAAAR DOUG SMASH!' :) [/b]

Really? I was thinking more of an image of some drunk idiot, probably in jeans and a tight t-shirt staggering around outside his hotel scratching cars with his keys.

People always think that big guys when drunk look like some monster when actually they're exactly the same as everyone else when drunk: stupid, lethargic and prone to serious desertions of common sense and reality.
[/b][/quote]
Sorry...I just sort of imagined it like this...I mean they do sorta have the same hair style...?
<object width="425" height="350"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/DQ7JislcKtI"></param><param name="wmode" value="transparent"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/DQ7JislcKtI" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" wmode="transparent" width="425" height="350"></embed></object>

Really? I was thinking more of an image of some drunk idiot, probably in jeans and a tight t-shirt staggering around...[/b]

My average Saturday night!

...and tuesday...

....and thursday. :blink:

Latest posts