• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

Drop Goal Challenge

• Thread starter benchwarmer_chriswhitaker
  • Start date
B

benchwarmer_chriswhitaker

Yeh, I no both 2001 and 2004 are both utter rubbish. but me and a frend have developed a way to make the game a touch more bearable. Its called drop goal challenge.

DROP GOAL CHALLENGE

Start a friendly game.

Choose whichever teams each player wants.

The game is won by the person who scores the most drop goals. However, if someone scores a try, they lose 5 of 7 points depending on whether or not they converted the try.

If the player kicks or runs the ball into touch, 2 points are deducted from their total.

If the player misses a drop goal, one point is deducted.

Penalty goals are not counted.

Not much of a game, but try it - you might actually enjoy it.

i dont know y ppl bag 2001 so much !!! i mean sure it wasnt the best, da rucks awful, but i really liked the running aspect of it... i mean dat game lay the foundation for the rugby games in the future !! I STILL PLAY IT !!!

Originally posted by benchwarmer_chriswhitaker@Mar 2 2005, 08:02 PM
Yeh, I no both 2001 and 2004 are both utter rubbish. but me and a frend have developed a way to make the game a touch more bearable. Its called drop goal challenge.

DROP GOAL CHALLENGE

Start a friendly game.

Choose whichever teams each player wants.

The game is won by the person who scores the most drop goals. However, if someone scores a try, they lose 5 of 7 points depending on whether or not they converted the try.

If the player kicks or runs the ball into touch, 2 points are deducted from their total.

If the player misses a drop goal, one point is deducted.

Penalty goals are not counted.

Not much of a game, but try it - you might actually enjoy it.
I like the invention...but I have two questions:

- why would you go for a try?
- and if the conversion is bad, then you'd just miss the damn thing every time...what's the point?

Come over to the dark side and do my Rugby 2004 challenge! Hehe.
<

Is this the official "England's Story of the RUWC World Cup 2003" videogame?

aye we used to do this too. My mates and I used to simulate a Gaelic Football match on a JLR by trying to kick the ball up the whole pitch and then take a dropgoal from 5 metres in front of the posts. It was illegal to run the ball, you had to kick, kick kick
<

Originally posted by candybum@Mar 2 2005, 10:03 PM
i dont know y ppl bag 2001 so much !!! i mean sure it wasnt the best, da rucks awful, but i really liked the running aspect of it... i mean dat game lay the foundation for the rugby games in the future !! I STILL PLAY IT !!!
true dat!
2001 wasn't as bad as "the game that shall not be named"
<

Originally posted by candybum@Mar 2 2005, 10:03 PM
i mean dat game lay the foundation for the rugby games in the future !! I STILL PLAY IT !!!
JLR was. i would rather play that than 2001 and sometimes more than 2004, depending on my mood. if i could pick only one rugby game to play for the rest of my life it would be JLR, but it could change after i get 05

Latest posts