• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

Dumbest game idea

C

CeeJay

PREY

Prey tells the story of Tommy, a Cherokee garage mechanic stuck on a reservation going nowhere. His life changes when an otherworldly crisis forces him to awaken spiritual powers from his long-forgotten birthright. Abducted along with his people to a menacing mothership.

Just reading this description made me cringe, stick a Cherokee in it and call it original. The only thing worse than this, would be if they made it into a movie.

Coming July, pre order now and beat the rush?? Seriously, Jacko has better ideas than this.

what game is this? i think i've heard of it. u seen trailers for that ps3 game 'assasins creed'.. that game looks pretty cool.

If anyone has doubts, have a look at the gameplay videos, it looks mad as a penguin. A few videos can be streamed here

It's like Doom meets The Matrix game. It is hard to explain, so it best you see a video of it to understand it...somehow.

I'm gonna get it when it comes out.

I thought it looked interesting going by the trailers. defintely worth a look at in my book

Must just be me, I stand by my original post, I look forward to hearing your opinions once its out.

After watching the trailer it does look original, but still dumb idea.

just had a look on gamespot, the concepts sounds a bit weird to me, a cherokee his grandfather and his girlfriend get abducted to alien hell and he has to save the girl.

but other than that doesnt sound to bad, when you die there is a little scene were you have to shoot to get back to life again, aparently they use this instead of loading screens, should be alright.

and also they have redone all the opengl stuff and put it to direct 3d (or was that the other way around i forget now) recoding it all for the doom3 engine and reackon they have fixed the problems they had with the graphics for quake 4

just a bump to let those interested that a playable demo for this comes out today at 4pm nz time on gamespot. the demo contains 1 hour of gameplay and includes 2 multiplayer maps

man i want an xbox 360 so i can play FFXI. it looks pretty phat and i heard that the latest basketball game (cant remember the name sorry) is really realistic on the 360. apparently you can see the sweat dripping off the players and **** like that

Originally posted by MonoTurd@Jun 22 2006, 11:35 PM
man i want an xbox 360 so i can play FFXI. it looks pretty phat and i heard that the latest basketball game (cant remember the name sorry) is really realistic on the 360.  apparently you can see the sweat dripping off the players and **** like that
Yeah its the same with Rockstar's table tennis, after a long game you start to see your characters shirt go darker where they is sweating...bloody neat touch & a bloody good game!

Actually, I was interested to read this........ it seems someone has finally listened to my ideas!!! I sent this around just 7 months ago.

the United Nations has funded a series of games that aim to give young gamers a more ethical and educating experience through the medium of computer games. One of the games is called "Dying in Darfur" and it sets the player in the role of a refugee in a Sudanese camp where the aim of the game is to stay alive and not pick up diseases, get raped or killed in anyway...

This is no joke btw you can download and play this game...

http://www.washingtonpost.com/wp-dyn/conte...6043001060.html

Originally posted by cavan@Jul 1 2006, 10:56 AM
the United Nations has funded a series of games that aim to give young gamers a more ethical and educating experience through the medium of computer games. One of the games is called "Dying in Darfur" and it sets the player in the role of a refugee in a Sudanese camp where the aim of the game is to stay alive and not pick up diseases, get raped or killed in anyway...

This is no joke btw you can download and play this game...

http://www.washingtonpost.com/wp-dyn/conte...6043001060.html
Man what a weird game its really screwy.

http://www.gamespot.com/xbox360/action/pre...tml?sid=6153262

After last week's Prey demo received such a positive response from the shooter community, we felt compelled to check out a more complete build of the game to see how the action will evolve over the course of Tommy's arduous journey through the alien mothership. By now, PC gamers have gotten to check out Prey's unique gameplay elements, such as portals and wall-walking--though Xbox 360 owners are, sadly, still waiting for the demo to show up on Live Marketplace (hear all those feet tapping impatiently, Microsoft?).

At any rate, we've plowed through a few more levels of this graphically impressive shooter to collect a new set of impressions, and we've got a new set of HD-quality gameplay movies to illustrate the experience. The developers at Human Head were kind enough to include all the game's weapons in the demo for multiplayer purposes--which you could also access in the single-player portion with the right command--and this may have left some of you wishing you had some new weapons to work with in the final game. We've at least gotten to play around with the leech gun, which can absorb different ammo types, including a previously unseen, extremely powerful lightning bolt-style shot that reminds us of the lightning gun from Unreal Tournament 2004. Not only does the discharge from this gun knock enemies back several feet, it leaves them burning on the ground for a few seconds when they die. Pretty satisfying, to say the least.

The enemies just keep getting bigger and meaner the further we go.
For those who remember the kidnapped bar at the end of the demo, the artists and level designers have populated the disparate areas of the enormous mothership with a lot of human cultural elements that have helped to remind us that this is a game about alien abduction, after all. At one point, you'll see a stolen jet liner attempting to fly out of the ship, and you'll encounter its smoldering wreckage on the ground sometime later. Another section of the ship has an entire school bus embedded in the wall (and you'll have to contend with the very angry spirits of some of its children, too). Those playable arcade machines from the bar in the demo have been scattered throughout the ship, too-- apparently, even the aliens need a little amusement from time to time.

The puzzle elements have been beefed up a bit as we've played through, too. We've encountered a number of passcode locks that required us to hunt down entry codes in various places (which we won't give away for those who are eagerly awaiting the game). The gravity switchers seen in the demo have also come into play in one fairly perplexing puzzle, in which we had to navigate a room cluttered with crisscrossing pipes by flipping it in all directions to reach the exit. Spirit-walking has also become more important, as we've had to use it to pass into areas we can't physically reach in order to move our body around by mechanical means. There haven't been any puzzles that were absolute head-scratchers, but we've certainly appreciated their addition to the core shooting.

You'll be reminded frequently during your alien travels that there's no place like home.
Speaking of which, it could be our imagination, but we think that shooting may have been getting harder. As we've played, we seem to have felt the effects of Prey's adaptive difficulty system, which tracks your performance based on a number of variables and tweaks the strength and behaviors of your enemies in order to better thwart your progress. Maybe we're just running up against harder enemies (we are), but the ones we've already seen are doing a good job of holding us back, too. We've even seen some presumably scripted behaviors in play; for instance, we've had a couple of grunts deactivate a wall-walk track while we were on it, making us fall back to the floor and causing a fair amount of disorientation in the process.

We're only about halfway through the single-player campaign in Prey, but we've appreciated the good variety of combat and puzzle scenarios we've encountered so far. Will the game keep its momentum through its conclusion? You'll have to wait for our review in a couple of weeks to find out
[/b]

ok i am sold, i am gonna upgrade my vid card and buy this one

928189_20060627_screen003.jpg

928189_20060627_screen002.jpg

it looks worth it anyway

Latest posts