• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

EA Cricket 2005 & BLC Movies

yeah i would have thought that the list i gave was right since i got it from codmeasters forum. i can't get to planetcricket.net at work or at home its weird keeps timing out. wouldn't mind going there one day
<

i am glad to see mclaen park
<

mostly lancaster park
<
whenever i play crickets its always there
<

I'm very impressed with the ammount of stadiums. Looks like a lot of work has gone into this game. I'm yet to play the demo but my anticipation for this game has been rising steadily for quite some time now.

THIS GAME IS OFF THE F**CKING HOOK!!!!

AND I ONLY HAVE THE DEMO

NEVER HAD MORE FUN PLAYING A DEMO!

I NEED THE FULL VERSION!

Originally posted by ak47@Jul 5 2005, 07:07 PM

AND I ONLY HAVE THE DEMO

I NEED THE FULL VERSION!
Hmmm..... This game seems promising enough I suppose.

Might try before I buy...

<

Originally posted by ak47@Jul 5 2005, 07:07 PM

AND I ONLY HAVE THE DEMO

I NEED THE FULL VERSION!
ak47, for us unfortunates...................care to give us a quick review/run down (good and bad)??

I can do that, as i have played the BLC demo more than the EA demo.

The graphics look pretty smooth and much better than EA. EA might look nicer but BLC is smoother and just looks better IMO.

Gameplay
batting - you have 2 main shots to chose from the normal shot and the lofted shot (power shot) you ahve to time both perfectly to get the best results, but the batting seams more realistic in this vers of the game than EA (i really souldn't compare i am still pi**ed at ea and no save game) Lots of fun tryin to get the right shots to the right ball.
Didn't like the wide calls, sometimes the ball is bowled in a certain place and no matter what shot you do you will never get the ball. Also you cannot move in your crease from one side to another to set up your shot. Also there is no charge button therefore there is no stumpings.

Bowling - Hard to master but such a different array of balls you can bowl. i am still not good at bowling but its much more fun than EA. have to concentrate all the time to get perfect deleveries.
didn't like the slow ball its WAY 2 slow. way hard to master the bowling but with lots of other options to chose from will be very good

Fielding (Yes FIELDING)
was very good, if you mis time the throw to the keeper it could lob to him giving the batsmen an easy chance for another run or if its close and you get it spot on you could run out the player. Very nice. Catching annimations very good 2. for high catches (those outside the 15m catching range) you have to time the catch to take it, if you mistime it you can fumble it then catch it or drop it. sometimes you can miss it all together. close in catches are just the same as any other game, it either sticks or it doesn't, still very good.
i didn't like the fact it wouldn't throw to the bowlers end, thats it, but i also havn't had any direct hits, not sure if that will happen. Also if you hit it straight to the bowler/slips you always had to throw it to the keeper which got kinda annoying. Third umpire was a bit annoying sometimes being called when it was way 2 clear if he was out or in (1/2 way down the pitch is out dude)

Extras
Hawkeye - Very nicely done shows exactly where the ball would go
lbw - umpires actually get it wrong (like in real life) made me swear at them. i actually havn't had a correct lbw given yet (only had one given but it pitched outside leg and was swinging down) if they give it not out it shows the hawkeye and gives a reason why it wasn't given out.
Player models - looked realistic enough, more realistic than the EA models. EA just have better technology but i though BLC were awesome graphics better than 2004 and not far from 2005.
Bat names - OMG all the bat makers out there (well most) look brillient. You could also see pontings sig on his bat i shoudl get a screenshot of this, i just didn't expect that kind of detail.

(first review of a demo/game hope it helps the needy)

too busy at the mo but here is an email chain of the great game discussing between my mates

BLIC is officially the greatest of our backyard sports games of all time

i played it till 3:50am

Highest team score - 100 exactly
Highest individual - 42 (Harvey)
most wickets - 4

love it

How about the perfect throw, had a direct hit, but wasn't run out but if
you get it right on the line and your in the inner-circle stumps go
flying!!!

I kept england to 15 runs in one set of 6 overs great line and length,
taking full advantge of the slips and wicket keeper!!

Played it till 2am, i am out of it today, just want to play more, haven't
got the spinners down at all yet.

H.S - 48* with Hayden
Team H.S - 84

most wickets 3 or 4.......

i hope they bring the release date forward kulch, its frustrating playing
the limited version of such a great game!!

oi i was using a team of spinner to figure them out

u gotto see the google-doosra-wrong in..................i figured out that u can spin in both directions, but dunno how........i did it a few times - the red/green circle arrow thingy turns directions very late - its an absolute gem of a feature

then i figured out SEAM

whats your seam??

i figured out the yorker special ball with gillespie, and its the
greatest!!

isn't when the ball moves off the seam when you bowl it straight??????????

it it a special delivery???

yes that it - the level of lateral movement from when the ball bounces and hits the seam

not a special delivery
when the bowling metre is going up

square - seam to the left
x - straight seam
circle - seam to the right

and add on swing to either offset seam, (swings right but seam left) add onto the seam for the ultimate deviation!!!!!!!

seen the audio options

turn the crowd up real loud

yep yep

wow just think you have to aim the ball in the right spot, then seam it,
then add swing, three different thing before you let the ball go, then on
top of that there is the special delivery as well, and the same goes ofr
batting you can just instantly make a decision on what stroke you have to
play but rather you have to react to every single ball!

the games too good

much better than i had hoped for

loaded up a 2 playrs game, where i controlled both teams

i put all the fielders behind the keeper and batted up a storm

clocked 130 runs - gilly and haydo both in the 60's

when u get a 50, u get the 3d wagon wheel!!!!!!!!!!!!

3D WAGON WHEEL - where u see all the shots from bird-eye view......then it pans down the ground level and u see the lofted shots etc!!!!!!!

AWESOME!!!!!!!!!!!!

well thus for the highlight for me was definitely the stump cam....then it
went fuzzy. I wonder if the game menu will have things like 3d wagon
wheel, hwak eye, where the ball pitches (dots) that you can just go to
throughout the game, stats just give the game a whole new dimension
especially when the stats are good!

blic's is going well, do have the seem cracking trying to find right line
and lengths there is more variety then i thought, i can't wait till i claim
my first clean bowled off a ball that isn't a yorker..........

plnety of caught behinds/slips, had one catch in the outfield, juggled but
held on GREAT STUFF!! haven't cracked the 100 last night, yet to make 50
with the one batsmen, i think it was 49 last night......but will surely get
it today!

tell me at this stage, do you like it in EA how you press triangle for
short pitched balls and x for the full balls, i kinda liked that
option...... but still yet to master and scope out all the strokes and what
stroke you need to play, do you know if full version has
tutorial/training??

yeah it is a general view from many that they wish BLIC's had 2 types of attacking shot with x and triangle

x for front foot
triangle for back foot

it means u have to decide, based on the pitch length ur type of shot, front or back - and yes i wish BLIC had it.

however i have noticed the timing bar for batting is either huge or small - thus meaning on some shots u have more time to time the shot right as opposed to others shots where the timing bar is small menaing u have 100th of a second to time it right
i think the size of the timing bar has something to do with ur batsmens position in relation to pitch and shot type selected, and/or the line and length of the ball (ie a good line and lenght means very little time to pick the timing, thus a good delivery.............or for a shocking line and length u have more time to get it right thus a bad delivery)

also i figured out that triangle for bowling is the slower ball...........so u can make it look like a fast/normal (gauge full) ball, but hit triangle and its less than 100km/h..........and if u hit triangle early (gauge minimal), it comes in at 60km/h..........so a pacemen has a range of 150km/h to 60km/h - beautiful change-up options!!!!!!!!

also in BLIC's square is another type of shot - it may be defensive but if u use a direction, and time it right, it will go out of the circle so u can still get plenty of runs

noticed if square by itself, its a block.............but if square with direction = quick singles or maybe even 2 runs.............awesome

this will all work well on the hardest difficulty!!!!!!!!

more

oh and got 126 runs in BLIC
and i avg around 100 now

and blics update.....

well only managed to sneak in a few matches last night and i am still yet
to record my 50, which is quite amazing considering i was able to knock up
a total of of 118 and that includes only get like 3 runs in the last
over....

it is getting better everytime i play it, highlight last night though was a
great in swinger from kasper!! pitches well outside the line, and then
swings in and clips the top of off stump, got my ball cam with the fuzz,
the greatest!!

the umpires do make bad decisions

i have seen plenty of LBW's not given, when they were out

and have seen them given when it missed

shear class

the most important factor is the fielding

u'll win more games if u can field very well, especially in 2 players

was playing a mate that only bats (restarts after batting innings), he was smashing around the park, but i got the odd catch and run-out here and there.

when i batted my strokes werent better than his but i smashed him coz he never fielded nor bowled before, he dropped about 20 catches and i stole about 25 runs on his poor throws

the fielding in this game makes or breaks you

u can slog at will, and can get away with it, but if u play someone with fielding and bowling skills, ur going to have to be conservative at the crease - (like it should be in real life)........good bowlers will move the ball with swing and seam, making ur intended shot void, in which u'll have to adjust and make a spontaneous decision on another shot, add to this a good fielder, and hitting slog button is just crusifiction for ur whole side

Defense, Attack, and composure..........all elements in BLIC that is vital to ur survival at the crease

^^^^^^^^ totally agree with your post
<

i can't wait for this game i have to order it from england
<

Latest posts