EA Cricket 2007

Discussion in 'General Gaming Chat' started by woosaah, Aug 14, 2006.

1. woosaah

woosaah Guest

http://www.planetcricket.net/forums/showthread.php?t=22051

so i just been to the planetcricket.net website to see if any more news of blic had been released since i was on holiday (still havnt checked) but cricket 2007 has been announced. sounds alright, wouldnt mind a release date or a couple of screenies but oh well :)

there is a q&a with the producer (or something) here i hope to add more info when i find it :)

2. Forum Ad Advertisement

3. TheDell

TheDell Guest

nice find. The only thing I hope they add to the new version is responsiveness. i.e. your batsman actually responds to your commands and doesn't just run for the exercise. EA cricket blows

4. ak47

ak47 Guest

I'll buy 3 copies of BLIC2007 before i even rent this

If a X360 version comes out i'll get both - the more next gen local sports titles there are the better

If EA announce a X360version - Its odds on the same for Rugby 2007.

Good find Woosaah

Now the sledging between the 2 versions begins

Let me start

EACricket2006 was the worst cricket game i have ever played, worse than 2005, worse than Warnies....worse than Stickcricket :bleh!:

5. C A Iversen

C A Iversen Guest

There was an EA cricket 2006?

6. ak47

ak47 Guest

Apologies - its prolly 2005

its one of their franchises that has an inconsistent release schedule

Cricket 2004
    Cricket 2005

where was 2006??

No BLIC - no EA release

they are reacting scum!!! :%#%#: :rahh: :ranting: :wall:

7. esoj

esoj Guest

blic ftw.

blic will be simply awesome. built upon the enigne and game that the swordfish guys built it will have improved graphics and just generally be awesome.

I wonder if you will be able to save on x-box with ea cricket 2007 :p

8. woosaah

woosaah Guest

while i was at work i read it was on xbox 360, xbox, ps2 and pc

but that was about it, now i cant find where i found that :) it could be all lies

9. Your more likely to get an answer if you ask Justin if he was proud of Blic ;)

10. woosaah

woosaah Guest

20 screenshots, doesnt look to much different from the other ones
    http://www.planetcricket.net/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=130

from here
    http://www.planetcricket.net/forums/showthread.php?t=23103

Looking forward to this game, though i am going to have trouble with the controller, i dont think my second analog stick on my controller works. i will have to test it out i think, or buy a new one. looking forward to giving the new system a go though.

good to see that there are liceanced bats and stuff, but that diddnt bother me as i just downloaded the bats from planetcricket.net anyway :D

11. ak47

ak47 Guest

Whilst this does sound good with this century stick things

Where the f*** is the X360 version

If BLIC2007 is X360 - where the hell is EAX360

Lost my sale already.........coz i know BLIC will play better than BLIC 2005 counterpart, and also look/sound 3 times better than this EA2007

Stupid move EA.........it will halve ur sales

12. woosaah

woosaah Guest

yeah thats what i thought. if this was on xbox 360 i would get this, then i would get blic2007

now i can wait safely til march for my 360 :) when i get that, get live and away i go :)

13. woosaah

woosaah Guest

released in new zealand on 16th November, would guess around the same time for ausse, if not before as we normally get it after the fact

14. ak47

ak47 Guest

quiet an alarming release window

BLIC isnt out till March 2007

This new batting stick thingy is encouraging

This EA release window will help their sales, as it wont clash with any competitor for months

They may get my sale, pending good reviews of this new batting stick

Screenshots look very good too IMO, and they are PS2 shots.

15. woosaah

woosaah Guest

no i think the screenshots where the pc screenshots, from what i remember

16. NZL Fan

NZL Fan Guest

I hope I'm not picking up a small sense of "hopefulness" from you about this upcoming title (Ak47 u know better..........)

Rushed game, some candy coated sugery stuff added (century stick, slimmer player models) but the poor (and snooze inducing) gameplay of the previous version remaining.

17. The TRUTH

The TRUTH Guest

Some new XBOX 360 screens from Ricky Ponting International Cricket 2007 (or Brian Lara or whateva you call it in your part of the world)

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

I'M SOLD

18. O'Rothlain

O'Rothlain Guest

Now, all I have to do is learn how the heck cricket works, buy a plane ticket to the UK, go to a electronics store, buy the game, fly back home and hope it works on my American PS2! Easy! :p

19. kingwilko

kingwilko Guest

Either that or order it online...

20. Mr. Laxative

Mr. Laxative Guest

Um, Truth... is it just me or have you posted RPIC images in an EA thread??

21. O'Rothlain

O'Rothlain Guest

Either that or order it online...
    [/b][/quote]

Yeah, if you want to be a lazy-ass without a general disregard to the simplicity of modern technology and advances in overseas shipping.

Enjoyed this thread? Register to post your reply - click here!