• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

EA Cricket 2007

W

woosaah

As announced yesterday, Planetcricket has been passed information on the forthcoming release of EA's next game in their cricketing franchise

This thread will be used to publish our findings

So to start it off, the first bit of info passed to us by our EA source on Cricket 2007 (no confirmation of ***le yet so until we know, Cricket 2007 will be used) concerns the human batting model:

Inside Info: No 1

Precision Batting Control - alternatively the 'Century Stick': This is a superb feature ... one that changes the whole way that the game feels dramatically.
Full control over shot selection, shot placement, and shot timing on the r. analog stick
Precision Control. Shot placement now fully analog (360 degrees) allowing precise shot placement.
Variable shot power. Push the stick out for full power, or push the ball around through less stick movement when you play the shot. Particularly useful when defensive fields are set as the ball can be pushed into the outfield for 1s and 2s.
Lofting the ball mapped to L1.
Coming down the wicket mapped to R1
Highly intuitive control system for pick up and play.
Choose either Auto-Foot selection for the new user or Manual-Foot Selection for a more simulation cricket experience. This is especially good when using the Analog Stick Batting in tandem with Manual Foot Selection.

It should be noted these control obviously relate to a game/joy pad; Planetcricket is still trying to obtain info as to how the above would work on a keyboard

More news on Cricket 2007 will be posted here as and when we get it ![/b]

http://www.planetcricket.net/forums/showthread.php?t=22051

so i just been to the planetcricket.net website to see if any more news of blic had been released since i was on holiday (still havnt checked) but cricket 2007 has been announced. sounds alright, wouldnt mind a release date or a couple of screenies but oh well :)

there is a q&a with the producer (or something) here i hope to add more info when i find it :)

nice find. The only thing I hope they add to the new version is responsiveness. i.e. your batsman actually responds to your commands and doesn't just run for the exercise. EA cricket blows

I'll buy 3 copies of BLIC2007 before i even rent this

If a X360 version comes out i'll get both - the more next gen local sports ***les there are the better

If EA announce a X360version - Its odds on the same for Rugby 2007.

Good find Woosaah

Now the sledging between the 2 versions begins

Let me start

EACricket2006 was the worst cricket game i have ever played, worse than 2005, worse than Warnies....worse than Stickcricket :bleh!:

Originally posted by C A Iversen@Aug 14 2006, 05:37 PM
There was an EA cricket 2006?
Apologies - its prolly 2005

its one of their franchises that has an inconsistent release schedule

Cricket 2004
Cricket 2005

where was 2006??

No BLIC - no EA release

they are reacting scum!!! :%#%#: :rahh: :ranting: :wall:

blic ftw.

blic will be simply awesome. built upon the enigne and game that the swordfish guys built it will have improved graphics and just generally be awesome.

I wonder if you will be able to save on x-box with ea cricket 2007 :p

while i was at work i read it was on xbox 360, xbox, ps2 and pc

but that was about it, now i cant find where i found that :) it could be all lies

Cricket 07 has today been announced by EA Sports with a release date of November 2006. A press release and feature list for the game is shown below and PlanetCricket can bring you 20 exclusive screenshots in our Media Gallery.

Grab your bat, take guard and test yourself on the circuit. Electronic Arts (NASDAQ: ERTS) announced today that EA SPORTSâ"¢ Cricket 07 will be released worldwide for the PlayStation®2 and PC in early November 2006. With its fully licensed squads, groundbreaking Century Stick control system and more natural camera perspective, Cricket 07 will bring players the most immersive gameplay experience to date.

"This is the cricket game for both hardcore and casual cricket gamers alike. It is accessible for the new user and full of the subtleties and nuances that make the great sport of cricket so unique," said Justin Forrest, producer, EA Canada. “Our new, innovative 'Century Stick' control system will change the way all fans approach gameplay as you’ll now have full control over foot choice, shot selection, shot power, and shot direction - it's never felt this close to actually wielding a bat before. You won’t experience cricket this authentic without putting on your whites and walking down the pavilion steps yourself.â€

Cricket 07 also features a new Quickplay cricket setting that lets players crank up the game speed, ease back the difficulty setting and join the excitement of Limited Overs or fully-licensed Twenty20 extravaganzas by playing a fast-blast match of hard-hitting sixes â€" or slow the pace down, slide the difficulty up and steel yourself for a five day Test. For a sustained challenge, gamers can choose from a complete schedule of Australian State and English County tournaments or lead the charge in this year’s eagerly anticipated Ashes campaign in the 3-mobile Series Down Under.

Thanks to the groundbreaking EA SPORTSâ"¢ Century Stick control system, batting has become more intuitive, responsive and rewarding than ever. For the first time in a cricket game, players can enjoy full control over foot choice, shot, direction, power and timing, all governed through the use of both analog sticks. A back or front foot stroke is selected with the left stick, then shot timing and direction are judged with the right stick. Power is determined by how far the stick is moved â€" a slight tap can nudge the ball for a quick single or a firm push can send the ball fizzing away to the boundary. Allied to new cameras that deliver a more natural behind-the-stumps batting perspective and a wider view of the field, cricket has never been so easily accessible. With embellished gameplay, a wealth of tournaments, genuine equipment and authoritative new commentary from Mark Nicholas and Richie Benaud, you won’t experience cricket this authentic without donning whites and walking down the pavilion steps yourself.

Features

Groundbreaking Control: Use the intuitive dual analog Century Stick batting system to select foot choice, shot direction, power and timing. With button controls to loft shots and advance down the track, you’re free to crack a full array of shots all around the wicket. Success with the bat also relies upon your batsman’s individual skills, allied with his confidence level. A confident batsman maximises his potential to time his shots sweetly â€" maintaining high confidence can make or break his ability to build a big innings.

New Cameras Innovative views from behind the batsman offer a realistic batting perspective, and a reworked Broadcast camera gives you a wider view of the play for more authentic coverage.

Quickplay Cricket Play cricket your way by setting your own pace. Crank up the game speed, ease back the difficulty setting and revel in the razzmatazz of Limited Overs or fully-licensed Twenty20 extravaganzas by playing a fast-blast match of hard-hitting sixes â€" or slow the pace down, slide the difficulty up and steel yourself for a five day Test.

Greater Depth A new picture-in-picture display with a shot timing gauge coupled with a running assistance indicator and radar help you make those snap decisions out there in the middle. On-the-fly Dynamic Field Positioning and Quickswitch bowling give you the ability to ratchet up the pressure on the batsmen by changing the field and the bowler’s line of attack without a break in play.

Tournament Options Lead this year’s eagerly anticipated 3 mobile Ashes campaign Down Under, replay the legendary 2005 npower Test Series or unlock a stack of rewards by accomplishing Ashes challenges. Take part in the frenzy of the fully-loaded, fully-licensed English and Australian One Day blitz of extreme Twenty20 cricket, dive into a complete schedule of Australian State and English County tournaments, tour the world, win the World championship or compete for glory in Test matches and One Day Series games with all the top cricketing nations of the world.

Authentic Content For the first time in an EA SPORTSâ"¢ Cricket ***le, renowned bat manufacturers Gray-Nicolls, Puma, Slazenger, Kookaburra and Gunn & Moore bring their weight of authenticity to the day’s play. Relish the big game atmosphere with new broadcast visuals, wicket textures and astute new commentary from the masterly broadcast team of Mark Nicholas and Richie Benaud as you play out a nail-biter against the faithfully realised backdrop of a legendary international venue or a cherished domestic ground.
[/b]

20 screenshots, doesnt look to much different from the other ones
http://www.planetcricket.net/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=130

from here
http://www.planetcricket.net/forums/showthread.php?t=23103

Looking forward to this game, though i am going to have trouble with the controller, i dont think my second analog stick on my controller works. i will have to test it out i think, or buy a new one. looking forward to giving the new system a go though.

good to see that there are liceanced bats and stuff, but that diddnt bother me as i just downloaded the bats from planetcricket.net anyway :D

Whilst this does sound good with this century stick things

Where the f*** is the X360 version

If BLIC2007 is X360 - where the hell is EAX360

Lost my sale already.........coz i know BLIC will play better than BLIC 2005 counterpart, and also look/sound 3 times better than this EA2007

Stupid move EA.........it will halve ur sales

yeah thats what i thought. if this was on xbox 360 i would get this, then i would get blic2007

now i can wait safely til march for my 360 :) when i get that, get live and away i go :)

released in new zealand on 16th November, would guess around the same time for ausse, if not before as we normally get it after the fact

quiet an alarming release window

BLIC isnt out till March 2007

This new batting stick thingy is encouraging

This EA release window will help their sales, as it wont clash with any competitor for months

They may get my sale, pending good reviews of this new batting stick

Screenshots look very good too IMO, and they are PS2 shots.

quiet an alarming release window

BLIC isnt out till March 2007

This new batting stick thingy is encouraging

This EA release window will help their sales, as it wont clash with any competitor for months

They may get my sale, pending good reviews of this new batting stick

Screenshots look very good too IMO, and they are PS2 shots.
[/b]

I hope I'm not picking up a small sense of "hopefulness" from you about this upcoming ***le (Ak47 u know better..........)

Rushed game, some candy coated sugery stuff added (century stick, slimmer player models) but the poor (and snooze inducing) gameplay of the previous version remaining.

Some new XBOX 360 screens from Ricky Ponting International Cricket 2007 (or Brian Lara or whateva you call it in your part of the world)

pontkneecutgcrf4.jpg

pontkneecut01cuvb1.jpg

pontkneecut01mcuel9.jpg

pontsweepshot01cu360wy2.jpg

larasweepgc360qh0.jpg

larasquarecutcu360fx0.jpg

laradriveoffmcu360uh3.jpg

I'M SOLD

Now, all I have to do is learn how the heck cricket works, buy a plane ticket to the UK, go to a electronics store, buy the game, fly back home and hope it works on my American PS2! Easy! :p

Now, all I have to do is learn how the heck cricket works, buy a plane ticket to the UK, go to a electronics store, buy the game, fly back home and hope it works on my American PS2! Easy! :p
[/b]

Either that or order it online...

<div class='quotemain'>
[/b]

Either that or order it online...
[/b][/quote]

Yeah, if you want to be a lazy-ass without a general disregard to the simplicity of modern technology and advances in overseas shipping.

Latest posts