• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

Eb Maddness

C

CeeJay

I webt to EB today to pre order RL2 for pc. The guy i spoke to told me that the release date is not the 8th of december and that it was just another rough date given to them(like september) He told me it was unlikely to come out on the 8th. Has anyone else had anything like this? I know that we should take what eb says with a pinch of salt, but the guy didnt seem like a know-all. I preordered anyway, hope hes wrong.

well sidhe have dec 8 on their home page. that seems pretty likely as they had previously been so unwilling to commit to a date.

some stores may get it a day late maybe 2 max but anything beyond that is just wrong. the game is entered manufacturing so the only delay possible would be some sort of shipping problem or fault in the duplication process.

in other eb news the store in Miranda Sydeny is closing in on the single store pre-order record and might possibly break it

I just dont want to get to dec 8th and get shat on.

Does anyone know exactly how many pre-orders the eb in miranda has?

i have one whenever i have idian down by my local eb (b4 i go in and have a look around)

roll on dec 8

Originally posted by woosaah@Nov 23 2005, 12:36 PM
miranda? isn't that like a drink or something?
Mirinda is a drink.

Miranda is a place name, there's one in NZ aswell.

I love google image search.

mirinda.jpg

Anybody else wonder what this entire ad says? Note the bottom left "MeNgay"
mirinda.jpg

8838879-blikje-mirinda-een-soort-fanta-uit-afghanistan.jpg

Seems quite popular in non-english speaking places.

We've got it on tap at KFC.

Just read a post over at the rugby league forums, someone said that eb said the pc relase date was not Dec 8, and will in fact be released a month or so after Ps2 version. Mario responded to this by saying that "The pc version is scheduled for release on december 8th at this time" does this ring a bell, "This game is scheduled for a spetember release at this time" I smell a big rat, I think those of us getting it on pc version are about to be F**ked over.

nah its just rumour and hype from a fan really. and the september release was good until they made a decision to delay the game for whatever reason. it just crap from eb really they never have a clue. baring something going really wrong either in duplication or shipping then both versions will be out on december 8th.

We should find out in the next seven days, coz any delays will hav to be announced at least a week before due date, otherwise we can assume that it has gone gold. I hav Ps2 and PC, but its the pc version I want, its got better graphics and i can modify kits. Id be gutted if it got delayed.

aye me too as I only have a pc. the chances of soemthing going wrong apart from shipping is very remote so I am very confident we will get the game on the 8th

yeah i hope they dont delay it on the pc, i dont have my ps2 any more, though my flatmate is getting it on ps2, but its not like he has his ps2 hooked up to online

Originally posted by JJ-+Nov 23 2005, 06:03 PM--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (-JJ- @ Nov 23 2005, 06:03 PM)</div>
<!--QuoteBegin-woosaah
@Nov 23 2005, 12:36 PM
miranda? isn't that like a drink or something?
Mirinda is a drink.

Miranda is a place name, there's one in NZ aswell.

I love google image search.

mirinda.jpg

Anybody else wonder what this entire ad says? Note the bottom left "MeNgay"
mirinda.jpg

8838879-blikje-mirinda-een-soort-fanta-uit-afghanistan.jpg

Seems quite popular in non-english speaking places.

We've got it on tap at KFC. [/b]
Nothing wrong with Miranda, Im semi addicted to the Raspberry one myself personally.

Originally posted by .:kaftka:.@Nov 23 2005, 10:13 PM
You still work there then?
Still work there? Yeah, although I've only been there since March, not that long.

I love how on-topic I am.

If the pc version is delayed then EB miranda should lose the record because all the pc pre orders will be cancelled. I would think that at least a third of pre orders would be on pc.

I just think its odd that EB called that guy to tell him that the pc version was delayed, they must hav been workng off some info from somewhere, usually they get ther info from the distributers, who in turn should get there info from the publishers, so.. just a tiny bit worried. Dec 8th is to close for them to rip it out from under us, that would be too cruel.

Latest posts