• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

England 2022/23

Status
Not open for further replies.
Watson started out as a FB played the majority of his early days at Bath as FB. He has played a fair games for England at FB too
It's a long standing joke from when people actually thought that, because he played wing for England, that he'd never played FB in his life. Dates back about 7-8 years ago when it moved from an incorrect statement to a joke.

Watson started out as a FB played the majority of his early days at Bath as FB. He has played a fair games for England at FB too
Another one caught in the Watson FB trap. Consider it a right of initiation on the forum. You aren't a true forum member until you've been tricked into saying Watson had actually played at FB.

Looks like Farrell will be missing for the start of the AIs at least

Who's the next in line at 10?

So May, Arundell, LCD and Faz all have injuries of some sort....bad weekend for England.

Watch him only take Smith as a 10 now with Furbank as cover
Eurgh, this is legit going to happen isn't it? EJ will call up a centre not a 10

With Ford injured and Burns playing really poorly there's not really a lot of options

Atkinson and Skinner both in good form but very young/inexperienced/not really someone I'd want on the bench for England
Umaga has been in a few EPS in the past but isn't as good as Atkinson and I think is currently banned? Red card in wasps' final game so I'm guessing he got a ban that's not kicked in yet?

Good chance to take Finn Smith, and show that we're interested.

Good chance to take Finn Smith, and show that we're interested.
If we were still doing apprentices I'd have him involved but whoever gets called up for Farrell is likely to see game time and I don't think Smith is there yet

Atkinson would be my pick, I think he was recently in training squads too?

If we were still doing apprentices I'd have him involved but whoever gets called up for Farrell is likely to see game time and I don't think Smith is there yet

Atkinson would be my pick, I think he was recently in training squads too?
I'm thinking specifically to cock-block the Scots... Scot-block?

I'm thinking specifically to cock-block the Scots... Scot-block?
Something I will always advocate for,
They've not picked him this autumn so I think we're safe until the 6N (where hopefully we can include him as an apprentice)

So IF they need replaced...

Farrell -> Lawrence
Ludlum -> Earl
Arundel & May -> Lots of options
LCD -> The big issue. Even as a loyal fan of the falcons ...Blamire hasn't played enough and when he has its been in the back row. But he's the one who's been in and around the squad the most and knows the systems ...and when he has played for the falcons this season he has been generally very good.

All logical suggestions.

By the sounds of it, Farrell will be touch and go for Argentina, but probably alright for the other games. If that's the case, he might not be replaced. Arundell's might not be too serious either.

At hooker, I wonder if Tom Dunn has timed his return to form impeccably well?

Anyway - cue random call-ups for bizarre leftfield options.

Activate that extenuating circumstances clause and fly in Langdon at hooker

All logical suggestions.

By the sounds of it, Farrell will be touch and go for Argentina, but probably alright for the other games. If that's the case, he might not be replaced. Arundell's might not be too serious either.

At hooker, I wonder if Tom Dunn has timed his return to form impeccably well?

Anyway - cue random call-ups for bizarre leftfield options.
To me, it still sounds like a good opportunity to bring Finn Smith into camp (and cock-block the Scots). He's not ready, but we can show an interest, without much in the way of risk.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts