• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

England 2022/23

Status
Not open for further replies.
Yeah it is quite a weird squad the more you dig into it

Hopefully it's just a case of EJ using it as the final chance to test new players out pre-RWC. Marler and Slade experienced enough to just plop back in in the 6N no drama
Though that's probably ascribing a bit too much method to the madness

No. We're building it around Porter. :oops:
Porter gets a bad rap around here, and I really rate him, but even I'm a bit like....whut

Is he even fit? He's only played twice this season

Let me put it another way … when I consider that Marchant, Slade, Daly and Lawrence have been left out and Porter has been included, I find it really hard to understand …

He's the least impressive of that group when he is playing let alone when he isn't FFS!

Simmonds over Earl for the rapid Explosive back row player is just laughable...

And Sinkler better reward with some BIG performances as he's so out of form it's unreal...

Let me put it another way … when I consider that Marchant, Slade, Daly and Lawrence have been left out and Porter has been included, I find it really hard to understand …

He's the least impressive of that group when he is playing let alone when he isn't FFS!
The games I've seen Daly has been pretty top class aswell....

Laurence for me is the big omission only centre outside of Manu who has an real physicality, he's also been tearing it up for Bath.

Lawrence beat 11 defenders against Sarries, the 2nd most recorded by a centre in the prem since they started recording this stat in 2008.
I agree. It's early days, but Lawrence has started the season really well. Hopefully that performance is a sign of things to come. If he keeps doing that, he's surely got to be putting himself back in contention?

TBH, I thought this would be where the book thing would have given Eddie an easy get out of jail card. If he had picked Lawrence, he could simply have said that his criticism had the desired effect. We'll never know how much that has actually fired Lawrence up, but Eddie could still have smugly claim the credit for his upturn in form.

Simmonds over Earl for the rapid Explosive back row player is just laughable...

And Sinkler better reward with some BIG performances as he's so out of form it's unreal...
He did have a good game on Friday night and with Stuart out and Schickerling not actually eligible, we aren't blessed with too many options at tighthead.

That's partially why I'm so keen for Harper to break in to the Sale side.

Personally, I'd have picked Sinckler, recalled Cole and left VRR or Mako at home.

I actually really like VRR, but it just seems weird to bring him in now.

I agree. It's early days, but Lawrence has started the season really well. Hopefully that performance is a sign of things to come. If he keeps doing that, he's surely got to be putting himself back in contention?

TBH, I thought this would be where the book thing would have given Eddie an easy get out of jail card. If he had picked Lawrence, he could simply have said that his criticism had the desired effect. We'll never know how much that has actually fired Lawrence up, but Eddie could still have smugly claim the credit for his upturn in form.
It is early days but when you nearly set a record in one of the worst performing clubs against one of the best performing clubs only days after joining said club, well it should count for something.

Not really Eddie prob had the squad picked before this weekend and let's be real no one was calling for Lawrence last season.
Same as Daly.

Honestly Cole is the most hard done by most in form TH last season and IMO start of this season

I actually really like VRR, but it just seems weird to bring him in now.
I probably would've taken VRR over Rodd tbh - Rodd's scrummaging isn't looking very good this season, and while his open-play work is exceptional he's not realistically an option for England atm whereas VRR might actually get some game time this Autumn

Realistically I don't think either will get more than 10-20mins in November unless Eddie really goes wild vs Japan

Who knows? This would be a bit odd if it was a training squad, but the fact it's the actual AI squad to face 4 good teams is eyebrow raising to say the least.

I hope Murley and McGuigan get a chance and it looks as though at least one of Ribbans, Tizard or Coles will get some game time.

It would be great for Quirke to get a run of games, but Youngs is as good as guaranteed to start.

I reckon Youngs comes straight back in to start tbh - as good as JvP is/was over the summer Youngs has always been Eddie's number 1

Youngs/JvP for the TRC tests, JvP/Quirke vs Japan

Has anyone got this squad sorted by position,

Its not a bad squad but feels more like a training squad to look at players then a serious squad for the AI's. Some good to see players like Tizard, Murley but some odd ones like VRR and Porter(over alternatives)

Just feels like something is missing. Thats why i want by position.

Has anyone got this squad sorted by position,

Its not a bad squad but feels more like a training squad to look at players then a serious squad for the AI's. Some good to see players like Tizard, Murley but some odd ones like VRR and Porter(over alternatives)

Just feels like something is missing. Thats why i want by position.
Eddie said on RUW podcast that VRR is there to try out TH, so that balances the squad a bit more if you squint

Eddie said on RUW podcast that VRR is there to try out TH, so that balances the squad a bit more if you squint
simon cowell facepalm GIF

• Wow
Reactions: BPM
Status
Not open for further replies.