• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

England 6 Nation squad 2024

Well in that case South Africa have had some pretty remarkable luck
I mean lucky v France I'd say, and another feit of incredible luck v England IMHO... but that'for another thread lol.

Bit brutal there Exile, I dont think hes bad, I just dont think he adds much (cole). Beard is also a beast of a scrummage, as well as lineout operator, I've seen him and Towlands squat mountains!

Dingwall, can anyone shed some light, I havnt seen him play?

I mean lucky v France I'd say, and another feit of incredible luck v England IMHO... but that'for another thread lol.

Bit brutal there Exile, I dont think hes bad, I just dont think he adds much (cole). Beard is also a beast of a scrummage, as well as lineout operator, I've seen him and Towlands squat mountains!

Dingwall, can anyone shed some light, I havnt seen him play?
Dingwall has most yards in contact this year, in European competition that is. Solid to great with Saints. My only issue is he's playing in a system with Saints that's good for him. It's been a few years in the making. They are all on the same page at club level. Is he going to get that with Borthwick i don't know. He probably doesn't suit Borthball.

He'll either be great or suffer from Dombrandt syndrome.

One game, as I say it's a lottery. Do you honestly put Cole in the top 4 best TH scumaggers in the world?

Don't know about that, but I'd put him in the best 1 in England. We've tried moving on, it didn't really work so fair play to Borthwick for the recall. Not quite as worried as you seem to be as we all know it's just an interim job. At 28 you could have Beard for another decade…..

If Cole scrums OK, makes his tackles and hits his rucks which he usually does, that's acceptable if not total 21st century.

He got chucked out after the 19 final when he had a very long and bad day at the office. Maybe too much was read into that day.

And maybe if Wales hadn't stolen the English born, English schooled Tomas Francis who also went to an English Uni and played for an English club the whole conversation might be moot.

Freeman left wing - Roebuck right? Go for it...

But ill be surprised....Daly will be there
I'm not upset about Daly continuing to be there he is a class player, moving positions hasn't helped him at all, he has had mixed form but I do feel if Smith is allowed to play Daly will shine, I think an experienced head in the backline is needed, I appreciate you man have Slade but he hasn't been in camp so much recently.

Dingwall has most yards in contact this year, in European competition that is. Solid to great with Saints. My only issue is he's playing in a system with Saints that's good for him. It's been a few years in the making. They are all on the same page at club level. Is he going to get that with Borthwick i don't know. He probably doesn't suit Borthball.

He'll either be great or suffer from Dombrandt syndrome.
Tend to agree, then again he is every bit as physical defensively as OF (better technique), and is far stronger carrying so with OL injuried and Farrell having occupied that 12 shirt a hell of a lot I don't see it as a downgrade or too much change needed, if Dalys playing his boot can compensate for Faz's absence there.

Don't know about that, but I'd put him in the best 1 in England. We've tried moving on, it didn't really work so fair play to Borthwick for the recall. Not quite as worried as you seem to be as we all know it's just an interim job. At 28 you could have Beard for another decade…..

If Cole scrums OK, makes his tackles and hits his rucks which he usually does, that's acceptable if not total 21st century.

He got chucked out after the 19 final when he had a very long and bad day at the office. Maybe too much was read into that day.

And maybe if Wales hadn't stolen the English born, English schooled Tomas Francis who also went to an English Uni and played for an English club the whole conversation might be moot.
Hes always been a pretty lazy player so he won't be hitting that many rucks and certainly not with much vigour. I know they're different positions obviously but I actually would rather have beard in our squad than Cole. And you can have Francis. He's just a slightly younger, better version of Cole who we kept around for the exact same reason, he's alright at scrummaging. You're getting you're own back with Feyi Waboso now so we'll call it even though chances are you're just capping Feyi Waboso to stop us playing him (like what people on here thought we were were doing with Tshiunza) as he'll get churned out after playing for England A and a handful of caps.

You can tell the 6 nations are starting soon can't you. lol.

So honestly with a likely back line of
Mitchell MSmith
Dingwall Slade
Daly Steward Freeman

What is our style of play? Ofcourse we will kick from our own 22 but when its on to go down the pitch do you think they will be given freedom to attack? Because 9 10 12 playing for Saints/Quins they will want to go and play like for club, i hope they have liecence to do it.

Ive no issue with a tactical territory/kicking game as long as its smartly done and we have free reign in the right areas of the pitch

but when its on to go down the pitch do you think they will be given freedom to attack?
I don't think so, not anything too loopy anyway - they'll have a number of standard moves, of course, and probably run in a couple of tries vs Italy, but I think people expecting SB to throw his entire coaching philosophy out of the window are working more off of pure hopium than any evidence

I'm expecting us to try and play like we did vs South Africa, which is how Borthwick coached Tigers and how he's tried to have England play last 6N, the RWC warmups and during the RWC before and after the South Africa game

So honestly with a likely back line of
Mitchell MSmith
Dingwall Slade
Daly Steward Freeman

What is our style of play? Ofcourse we will kick from our own 22 but when its on to go down the pitch do you think they will be given freedom to attack? Because 9 10 12 playing for Saints/Quins they will want to go and play like for club, i hope they have liecence to do it.

Ive no issue with a tactical territory/kicking game as long as its smartly done and we have free reign in the right areas of the pitch

That shouldn't be a matter of freedom or style. If it's genuinely on, any team that doesn't go for it is simply guilty of bad rugby regardless of where on the pitch the opportunity arises.

M Smith is very unlikely to turn down a genuine opportunity irrespective of game plan. The issue is trying to force it when the odds aren't really in your favour.

Bath reporting that Ollie Lawrence will return during this Six Nations campaign and that Ted Hill will be fit again in mid-March.

We have the new version:

2024-01-11_18h50_29.png

I knew this moment would come in useful when I saw it.

Bath reporting that Ollie Lawrence will return during this Six Nations campaign and that Ted Hill will be fit again in mid-March.
Be interesting to see if Ted Hill is in SBs plans - big hitting blindside who's good in the lineout and can cover lock in a pinch feels like he's right up SBs street
Considering how long he's been out I imagine it'll be the summer before he's in contention, though

Gatland taking time out to remind everyone why he's the most hated international coach since Woodward

Insinuating that England poached OHC despite him being born in Reading, coming through the London Irish academy, playing for England u18s, u20s and 7s before making his England debut

Gatland taking time out to remind everyone why he's the most hated international coach since Woodward

Insinuating that England poached OHC despite him being born in Reading, coming through the London Irish academy, playing for England u18s, u20s and 7s before making his England debut
Ever the hypocrite.

Gatland really has a chip on his shoulder regarding England. Every year he's coming out with this tedious crap.

Latest posts