• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

England 6 Nation squad 2024

Freeman left wing - Roebuck right? Go for it...

But ill be surprised....Daly will be there

For italy, based on the rumours re fitness etc, I'm expecting:
1. Marler 2. George 3. Stuart 4. Itoje 5. Chessum 6. Underhill 7. Curry 8. Earl
9. Mitchell 10. M Smith 11. Daly 12. Dingwall 13. Slade 14. Freeman 15. Steward
16. Dan 17. Genge 18. Cole 19. Isiekwe 20. Dombrandt 21. Care 22. F Smith 23. Feyi-Waboso / Beard
I wouldnt be unhappy with that, personally id have Coles over Iseikwe to get him some gametime. Never massivly rated Iseikwe that much.

I'd start Genge to get him some gametime given he's coming back from injury.

I wonder if he would want to try CCS or Roots on the bench to give some time

I think we will see Roots involved...

Much to my annoyance (based on qualification etc)

For italy, based on the rumours re fitness etc, I'm expecting:
1. Marler 2. George 3. Stuart 4. Itoje 5. Chessum 6. Underhill 7. Curry 8. Earl
9. Mitchell 10. M Smith 11. Daly 12. Dingwall 13. Slade 14. Freeman 15. Steward
16. Dan 17. Genge 18. Cole 19. Isiekwe 20. Dombrandt 21. Care 22. F Smith 23. Feyi-Waboso / Beard

Suspect that won't be far off. If Cole's involved I'd always start him though.

In years past Italy's always been a game with scope for experimentation. This time I think it's one for playing whatever SB thinks is his very strongest 23, albeit quite a few changes are inevitable.

We have no idea what we'll be like and after their RWC fiasco we have no idea what Italy will be like either - although I suspect they'll be hell bent on restoring credibility and impressing the new coach.

Really have no idea which way this will go. But first up, away from home, new team and if Italy play as they can it might be squeaky bum time. A tempo setting defeat or crap performance wouldn't be helpful.

Perverse as it sounds the games to blood newer players might be Ire and Fra where we're not expected to do anything anyway.

Ewels called up LMAOOO

Isiekwe is out due to illness
Screenshot 2024-01-26 at 11.07.38.png

Coles should be in the squad then....bench option to cover lock and 6...unless SB has earmarked him to start at 6.

I do hope this isn't a return to Isiekwe's long term health issues... it must be a serious illness for him to go home

Might be something minor but contagious in which case they'd want him out of camp asap.

Also, given proximity of tournament, even something that would have him below par for a week or so would probably be enough.

Hopefully no more than that.

Ewells.....what is it about him...?
So far this season, he's looked like the player we all hoped he'd be 6 years ago.
I wouldn't go close to selecting him yet though, half a year isn't going to wipe out the previous 6; and he's had enough chances.
Put 2 or 3 full years in at his current level, and I'd reassess (and hope we'd already found enough better options).

On the plus side - he's surely only there to hold tackle bags, and be a body in opposed training.

Last edited:
Everyone knows my views on Cole and I won't be anywhere near as polite as @dirty harry

He's trash. He was trash 5 years ago. He's Beard level of rubbish.

The problem with picking him on scrum alone is that scrums are a total lottery anyway and totally dependent on the referee. No top side in the world, Jesus even a struggling wales, will be scared of Cole and his supposed scrummaging prowess. Hope he stays in the team for many more years to come as you won't get anywhere near the top 4 with him and Marler in your starting line up and praying he scrummages well. Even if they do it's not enough these days.

Well in that case South Africa have had some pretty remarkable luck
One game, as I say it's a lottery. Do you honestly put Cole in the top 4 best TH scumaggers in the world?

As I say it's moot anyway. It's exactly the same BS we have to put up with Beard being this great line out operator. So what if he is he does **** all around the park and has zero ball skills. At least beard isn't 67 though so he's got that going for him.

Latest posts