• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

England 6N 2016 - General Chit Chat

Yes, that's what I thought you were saying - I refute the two examples you give though.

6) Underhill
7) Kvesic

Would look pretty damn good.

6) Warburton
7) Tips

but better.

Until Underhill and Kvesic lead England in the same starting team to a 30-3 victory over Wales to win the Six Nations, I'm afraid I can't rate them in the same ballpark :p

Until Underhill and Kvesic lead England in the same starting team to a 30-3 victory over Wales to win the Six Nations, I'm afraid I can't rate them in the same ballpark :p

God can the welsh please stop living in the past.

Not like you won a RWC.........

You know who did win a RWC

54864.jpg

Last edited:
I've been waiting for this thread to explode into a "my country is better than your country" thread for ages. Valley Commando, where are you?

I suppose your country being a country, and its union much more heavily funded than any other, your country should be winning a lot more than it has.

I've been waiting for this thread to explode into a "my country is better than your country" thread for ages. Valley Commando, where are you?
man tryna say his country better than mine
tell my man shut up

duseSk.gif

Are you talking about positioning, decision making after taking a ball (i.e. run it back or kick to identified space?) and/or coming into the line on attack?

Pennell is probably the only guy who I'd say is notably better in this regard, but I also think he has the best, most rounded fundamentals of any of our FB options.

I certainly think Tony's "IQ" is better than Brown's... who's understanding is irrelevant so long as he tucks the ball and trucks it up.
He might as well be an NFL fullback (Which was exactly what we wanted when our attack needed it, but I think it needs something different now).

I think Watson's really improved his running from FB this year... he accelerates HARD into defences.

His defensive positioning would be the issue that concerns me most but in general I've never rated his decision making. I'd definitely rate Brown's as better. I could be out of date though.

His defensive positioning would be the issue that concerns me most but in general I've never rated his decision making. I'd definitely rate Brown's as better. I could be out of date though.

Brown has made some pretty poor decisions recently and has become very selfish with the ball. He also lacks the speed and acceleration of Watson. Brown is by no means bad but he has definitely had his peak and is now dropping. Watson on the other hand is on the rise and yet to peak. Surely if we have got to a situation where they are roughly equal, we should favour switching to the guy we will likely use in the future.

If you watch Brown closely he will never pass the ball and kick for himself. He always beats the first man but for me he's been found out a bit at international level also that try he bombed against Wales was a shocker.

On Charnley he is a natural finisher and the transition shouldn't be to difficult for him because he would still play in the same position.

That's quite the slander.

Peat and Rats - dunno how you're defining "IQ", but Brown's vision is absolutely shocking, and surely that's a pretty major part of rugby intelligence?

I agree, I'm saying I would back Watson to execute things like taking advantage of overlaps far better than Brown.

I would keep Brown currently because of his personality and the fact he is one of the senior players in a young squad. U don't see much of Watson as a personality on the pith and I think the team needs Browns confrontational attitude.

Latest posts