• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

England Rugby 2018/19 Thread

My starting XV for the first game vs SA.

Hepburn
Hartley
Williams
Itoje
Lawes
Underhill
Curry
Morgan

Care / Youngs
Ford
May
Farrell
Tuilagi
Cokanasiga
Daly

Bench
George
Moon
Sinckler
Kruis
Shields
Youngs / Care
Slade
Nowell

I would still like to see Tuilagi at IC so that the OC becomes the second playmaker, allowing greater width when necessary.

Hepburn
Hartley
Williams
Itoje
Lawes
Underhill
Curry
Morgan

Care / Youngs
Ford
May
Farrell
Tuilagi
Cokanasiga
Daly

Bench
George
Moon
Sinckler
Kruis
Shields
Youngs / Care
Slade
Nowell

There is absolutely nothing wrong with that team. Plenty of impact. It has better carriers in the backs. Better players at the breakdown in the pack. Strong enough in the set piece. Good impact from the bench. Injuries or not we can still put out quality at the moment. I know EJs hand is forced but in some ways I'm glad it is

I would still like to see Tuilagi at IC so that the OC becomes the second playmaker, allowing greater width when necessary.

Start ford faz manu, then bring slade off the bench in second half giving faz manu slade. So we can have that width towards the end. Thats what im hoping for.

Would also like mercer at 20 but other than that i agree with the team above

There is absolutely nothing wrong with that team. Plenty of impact. It has better carriers in the backs. Better players at the breakdown in the pack. Strong enough in the set piece. Good impact from the bench. Injuries or not we can still put out quality at the moment. I know EJs hand is forced but in some ways I'm glad it is

I can't see that side being named, mind.

Hepburn
Hartley
Williams
Itoje
Lawes
Underhill
Curry
Morgan

Care / Youngs
Ford
May
Farrell
Tuilagi
Cokanasiga
Daly

Bench
George
Moon
Sinckler
Kruis
Shields
Youngs / Care
Slade
Nowell

I might have Kruis starting with Lawes off the bench. Was he injured recently too? I can't remember. SH is still one of the biggest worries for me. Youngs has lost the spark that made him the no.1 in the first place and while Care has improved again this season he had a shocker last time he started for England.

I hope we don't use Manu at 12,
He's a 13 and should be viewed as such. Any attempt to have him at 12 has been meh at best.
We're gonna have two distributers at 10/12 regardless of what happens (Ford/Faz/Loz/Slade) so there's plenty of chance for the ball to go wide and also plenty of opportunity to get Manu running hard at the line.

I'd like to see a 12. Slade/Loz, 13. Manu midfield at some point - Farrells running game is vastly underrated but he still won't interest defences as much as those two will - so they'll all know to focus on Manu.

I hope we don't use Manu at 12,
He's a 13 and should be viewed as such. Any attempt to have him at 12 has been meh at best.
We're gonna have two distributers at 10/12 regardless of what happens (Ford/Faz/Loz/Slade) so there's plenty of chance for the ball to go wide and also plenty of opportunity to get Manu running hard at the line.

I'd like to see a 12. Slade/Loz, 13. Manu midfield at some point - Farrells running game is vastly underrated but he still won't interest defences as much as those two will - so they'll all know to focus on Manu.
Has Slade really got anbetter record than Manu at 12? They've both pretty much failed whenever tried, and both have games that look suited to IC (Slade looks like an out-and-out IC who shouldn't even be tried at OC... on paper)

Has Slade really got anbetter record than Manu at 12? They've both pretty much failed whenever tried, and both have games that look suited to IC (Slade looks like an out-and-out IC who shouldn't even be tried at OC... on paper)
Probably not, but Tuilagi has definitely got way better games under his belt at 13 than Slade has so I'd rather him there, of the two.
I'm just going through the options in the squad.

Probably not, but Tuilagi has definitely got way better games under his belt at 13 than Slade has so I'd rather him there, of the two.
I'm just going through the options in the squad.
Absolutely fair.
I just wish Slade has spent the last 3-4 years playing IC for Exeter

Absolutely fair.
I just wish Slade has spent the last 3-4 years playing IC for Exeter
It's the same situation as Daly - at the time playing 13 at club level seemed the smart move because we didn't know who to put there with Joseph and Manu constantly injured.
If they'd have concentrated on 15/12 from that point, instead, it would be way more useful now

So will Cips be banned now because some bog trotter head butted his shoulder. Let's hope ford or Farrell don't get injured

Latest posts