Charlie Ewels, Bath Rugby
Jonathan Joseph, Bath Rugby
Joe Marler, Harlequins
Will Stuart, Bath Rugby
Sam Underhill, Bath Rugby
Mako Vunipola, Saracens
Anthony Watson, Bath Rugby

Reconditioning?
EJ really not trust Bath's strength and conditioning program?

To say only 2 teams worth of players not available ots an underwhelming team, not sure why i think that.

Good to see Lawrence in there, like Dombrandt isnt 100% ready but has so much potential is worth his spot. Surprised EJ didnt go with Big Joe he seems to like him and i assumed he'd be in for the same reason i said above but no McConnechie in his place is surprising.

Missing for me when all available will be

LCD
Barbeary(based on rumours, guessing apprentice as he is a hooker who is 20 and only played flanker)

Williams

JHill
Launch

SSimmond (maybe)
JWillis (as a Chiefs fan i still think Willis has more of a claim than SSimmonds to an England spot on form)

Robson(based on no Spencer....why...just why)

JSimmonds(not sure he will but been talked up) not surprised and dont mind if not as he is still quite young.
Umaga(if JSimmonds isnt and based on no smith)

Devoto? (We need 12s with no Manu available)
Slade

Nowell

Daly(he will be there no question)

Not sure who these will be in for because i cba to work it out, but who have i missed?

Also missing Bristol players as they have the Challenge Cup to play. Imagine Sinckler, Earl and possibly Malins and O'Conor will come in from there. Daly also already in there (he's a Saracen now, remember).

Also missing Bristol players as they have the Challenge Cup to play. Imagine Sinckler, Earl and possibly Malins and O'Conor will come in from there. Daly also already in there (he's a Saracen now, remember).
Ahh yes forgot about them lot.

My England back row
6 - Curry
7 - Underhill
8 - Earl
20 - Willis
Worried it's a bit of the same but would strengthen our defence no end with some hrs carrying.
Curry to start as for some reason in my head he is a better line our option from him and Underhill/Willis

I know Billy has not been hitting the highlights he previously has in previous seasons. But I think it is a good idea to keep him for now, because he still attracts defending players, and is not changing too much too quickly potentially.

Use a 6/2 split with Earle covering back emergency too:

6: Willis
7: Curry
8: Vunipola

20: Hill
21: Earle

My England back row
6 - Curry
7 - Underhill
8 - Earl
20 - Willis
Worried it's a bit of the same but would strengthen our defence no end with some hrs carrying.
Curry to start as for some reason in my head he is a better line our option from him and Underhill/Willis
Eddie's backrow

6. Earl
7. Nowell
8. Wills

If the rumours are true and Umaga is in over Simmonds then I'm gonna... Be annoyed

If the rumours are true and Umaga is in over Simmonds then I'm gonna... Be annoyed
I don't get why more Exeter players didn't get a look in over the last few years. I really hope there are at least 4 of more of the best pack in England.

I don't get why more Exeter players didn't get a look in over the last few years. I really hope there are at least 4 of more of the best pack in England.
I've said elsewhere that it feels like there is a perception that individually they aren't the best players in their position, but have great team work to create the strongest pack. Not saying it's true but I think that's how EJ feels a bit.

Yeah I can't remember what thread it was but I listed all the Exeter players that have played under EJ and there was a ton, and only really one or two that could feel hard done by

Yeah I can't remember what thread it was but I listed all the Exeter players that have played under EJ and there was a ton, and only really one or two that could feel hard done by
I mean if you ignore the lack of love Eddie has for Ewers (even though he would have been just what England needed), I think LCD, Williams, Simmonds and Hill need to be in the squad from the forwards.

i can't be bothered to think about backs, we should just play 15 forwards.

Maunder needs to go off, he looks so tired and has slowed down,

I mean if you ignore the lack of love Eddie has for Ewers (even though he would have been just what England needed), I think LCD, Williams, Simmonds and Hill need to be in the squad from the forwards.

Aye it was ewers and Armand that were hard done by imo, but even with ewers, while I would've picked him every time, I can see why Eddie didn't as he's not the type of flanker Eddie has ever picked (and he did make a training camp or two so EJ got a good look)

Both Simmonds should be in the squad.

There's no reason for Joe to not be there at all tbh. You can't find an excuse. He's had a near perfect season it would be gutting to see him not picked.

To play devil's advocate, Simmonds does play behind the most dominant pack in Europe in the team with the most regimented play style in Europe. He essentially just has to go through the phases. I can see why EJ may not back him yet.

I'd definitely have him in though.

To play devil's advocate, Simmonds does play behind the most dominant pack in Europe in the team with the most regimented play style in Europe. He essentially just has to go through the phases. I can see why EJ may not back him yet.

I'd definitely have him in though.
Id have him in there, he stayed cool, performed well and 100% from kicks but he still has to prove himself in a different set up. He cant not be picked but i also dont know of he will be the best choice.

Latest posts