• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

England Rugby 2019/20 Thread

https://mobile.twitter.com/GeorgieRawly95/status/1257738975638364162

EXRi6LwX0AEIxK1
I'd seen references to it being awful, but that's horrid.

If that has to exist at all I hope it's a supporter / training kit although I wouldn't buy it regardless. If that's a playing shirt I'm changing allegiance to Wales.

Tigs is right, the shirt matters.

So England are meant to be playing the BaaBaas on the 21st June. Travelling won't be happening by then, but rugby may have started. Will this be scrapped in order to finish the premiership? Or could we have England V Premiership BaaBaas?

I can't see professional sport having started again by then.
As an intellectual exercise though, travel between England, Wales, Scotland, Ireland and France will all still be fine (no idea why France, but...)
You could put together a very decent BaaBaas squad from the 5

Yeah England Athletics have banned all competition (amateur to professional) until end of June. I can't see any kind of sport starting until then. Motorsport might be the first that could possibly put in reasonable measures but that stops the sponsor gravy train its all about.

Ireland have banned sports until September, haven't they?
Doubt we see any rugby in this hemisphere until then

Redacted should just keep his mouth shut and keep playing the lesser version of Rugby where a minuscule amount of people care who he is ;)

Seriously were 5 years after the event, Ford was upset about being dropped? Big surprise Lancaster couldn't decide who is starting fly half was and the tournament had already started. Were they deliberately sabotaging England's chances at home world cup? I strongly suspect not, Ford (Mike) by all accounts sound like a bit of a **** and its no secret he lost the Bath dressing room but that's normal for managers of most sports.

As we've stated several times Bath put a lot of time, effort and money into redacted he had good potential as a blindside flanker but never looked the part at center. He wanted to be an instant success and wasn't willing to put the hard yards in that he'd have to earn his place if it was big bad Ford's fault why didn't he bugger off to another club, I hear Sarries would of been able to afford him ;). Its the kinda conspiracy people come up with to hold grudges rather than any merit.

Sounds like a story with a true core that has then been very padded out. Do I think M.Ford was eyeing up the England job? Wouldn't surprise me, he had worked with England before. Could he have had little respect for Lancaster or desire to see him succeed? Again I find that believable. Do I think they intentionally sabotaged our world cup with G.Ford being involved in that? Nah **** off.

M.Ford almost certainly was a snake and lost the changing room but he was actually correct in that Burgess was a much better flanker than centre. Burgess can't claim he was just some innocent pawn in a bigger boys game. He got tons of money, walked right into the England set up and unsurprisingly ruffled a few feathers. As soon as things got tough, he ran off.

Just watched the podcast and have to say much of what was said makes sense even Haskell was agreeing with him.

Question is who were the other players he alluded to? OK George Ford was mentioned but who else. Wasnt Billy V caught mouthing off on stage somewhere after getting drunk?

Just watched the podcast and have to say much of what was said makes sense even Haskell was agreeing with him.

Question is who were the other players he alluded to? OK George Ford was mentioned but who else. Wasnt Billy V caught mouthing off on stage somewhere after getting drunk?
Same, I'm really struggling to work out who they're on about...

Easter maybe? Barritt? Tom Youngs?

I'm very lost.

So Mike Ford is a liar and a snake - which comes as news to who?

None of which means that George threw a RWC match in order to get his dad an England job that he never applied for.

So Mike Ford is a liar and a snake - which comes as news to who?

None of which means that George threw a RWC match in order to get his dad an England job that he never applied for.
I don't think anyone's trying to suggest that are they? Burgess said that he didn't see the need to bring Ford off the bench vs Wales and implied that doing so led to the team playing worse and losing the game, but I definitely never got the idea that he was suggesting it was an intentional throwing. Just that he doesn't rate Ford much as a player and didn't contain the Welsh midfield as well as Burgess had been doing. Unless I've missed something then you've made a pretty enormous leap to get to anyone claiming that Ford threw the match.

Latest posts