• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

England Saxons v Ireland Wolfhounds Kingsholm, Gloucester; 25/1/14 KO 1700

Yeah, I found it right after I posted. For some reason I thought RTE might have it as they've shown Wolfhounds matches in the past. Cheers.

Just hope it has a real bit of bite in it. Anyone know what weather like over? Here it like a mud bath hope it better there so we get decent game
Don't know about Gloucester, but Cardiff (not too far away) is nearly perfect conditions. Overcast and mildly cold, but no rain. Ground slightly damp, but good for rugby. BBC weather saying it's cloudy but no rain in Glos too.

Cheers j'nuh at least they'll be able to try things and not have to be over safe. Sky have had these games for few years now as I think they don't want to be totally left out around this period

I think the standard of this game will be below that of a run of the mill Pro 12 or Premiership game. The only benefit will be for Joe Schmidt and Stuart Lancaster who will get to see their fringe players playing in the same systems as the full international teams.

What was that pass from Burns? :mellow:

We've got some real pace in our backs - Sharples, Watson, Daly and Simpson all vveerryy rapid

Back 3 look sharp already - but Burns has already mucked up two plays. 1) Charge-down and 2) dreadful pass ending with hooper in touch

Absolutely appalling defence for that try. Burns missing the tackle, and Simpson almost ran into the back of Wallace =/

I've always liked Boss above many of the Irish 9's. Burns missed a tackle that admittedly Farrell wouldn't have but mainly that one was Wallace

Burns is having a mare. Passed behind Clark who had to check. Whats happened to him!
Throwing a lot of hospital passes, but what's worse is he's throwing them to isolated players as well so they're getting smashed then turned over or giving away a penalty.

England trying things that will never work against the gale. We've started well but the intensity feels like it's a preseason friendly

How on Earth can Ireland have had 3/4 chargedowns now. That's simply unacceptable.

God bless Watson: hopefully that relieves a bit of pressure and wakes us up a bit.

We've got a team of players who perform week in week out (...and Burns) yet some of them look like they've not seen a rugby ball before.

This English side really are naive. What were they doing wandering around aimlessly that close to their own try line when they KNOW that the opposition can take a quick one?

How did Clarke let madigan through there? Ridiculous, he had him completely wrapped up but he slipped out.
Carl Fearns wouldn't have missed that tackle.