• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

England Six Nations squad 2022

Marchants a big loss, happy Radwans in, hope he trains well and can push a bench slot.

Annoyingly i wanted to see Smith Slade Marchant. I wonder if he got Atkinson Slade or Slade Northmore.
Slade, Daly I reckon

So Marchant tested positive on 28th, how long is isolation these days? And whats the deal in Scotland? Is he out or just unsure if he is going to be there?.

We could be looking at the slowest set of backs since records began. Some very good players but Eddie's preferences, injuries & Covid have shorn us of almost any pace and firepower.

It will need technical and tactical excellence to make this backline sing.

Jones throwing verbal grenades again before the game... Really wish he'd keep his gob shut rather than doing this "we're coming for you" crap. It's come back to bite him in the arse more often than it has resulted in victory.

Eh not sure how it will bite him in the ass here.

You really think this is what Scotland needs to motivate them before playing England at home?

Eh not sure how it will bite him in the ass here.

You really think this is what Scotland needs to motivate them before playing England at home?
Less about motivating our opposition and more England have had a tendency to pay very passively and lack any real fight a lot of the time Jones has done this.

Eddie does it before every big game was even worse before the NZ game in the RWC and we trashed them.

So it's prob more 50/50

So, who do we have now to pick for Scotland?

LP - Genge, Marler?, Rodd
HK - Blamire, Cowan-Dickie, George
TP - Heyes, Sinckler, Stuart
LK - Chessum, Ewels, Hill?, Itoje, Isiekwe
FL - Curry, Lawes?, Ludlam
N8 - Barbeary, Dombrandt, Simmonds
SH - Quirke, Randall, Youngs
FH - Bailey, Farrell, Smith, Ford
IC - Atkinson
OC - Marchant?, Northmore, Slade
WG - Hassell-Collins, May, Nowell, Lynagh, Radwan
FB - Freeman, Furbank, Malins, Steward, Daly

Think I've got a complete up to date list. Marler, Hill, Lawes and Marchant are all ? as I've not seen anything definite about if they are out or not. Not seen anyone released either.

The verbals probably have less impact than in past years but why say anything at all that increases the pressure on your own team or potentially gives the opposition something to feed off, no matter how small? It's not like Sco are total crap and we've got a settled double GS winning side.

The French are probably still killing themselves laughing after Jones said we were going to beat them up a couple of years ago. And the rest of the world is still waiting for the best team in the history of the world.

I've long since given up taking anything Jones says at face value, but you've got to wonder why he comes out with half the stuff he does.

Latest posts