• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

England Six Nations squad 2022

I'd enjoy it too, tbh

Obv Ewells isn't ideal, but he's EJs boy so is inevitable with the absences
Not keen on Daly on the wing, but same as the above, reall
Don't know how much stock we put in training pics but from looking at bib colours it looks like a rough starting 15 of:

Genge, LCD, Sinckler, Itoje, Ewels, Isiekwe, Curry, Dombrandt
Youngs, Smith, OHC, Atkinson, Slade, Daly, Steward
I wouldn't be unhappy with that. I'd expect Maro and Isiekwe to swap around occasionally, which will be interesting, and I think Daly's ok on the wing. It'd be great to see OHC get a chance to strut his stuff.

If that squad were to be true then who would bench?
George, Rodd (assuming Marler is out), Stuart, Chessum (assuming Hill is out), Barbeary (maybe Ludlam), Simmonds, Quirke, Malins would be my guess. Maybe a 5/3 with Chessum dropping out, Isiekwe acting as lock cover and Ford or Northmore coming in; but think that the 6/2 is significantly more likely.

Don't know how much stock we put in training pics but from looking at bib colours it looks like a rough starting 15 of:

Genge, LCD, Sinckler, Itoje, Ewels, Isiekwe, Curry, Dombrandt
Youngs, Smith, OHC, Atkinson, Slade, Daly, Steward
Really hope that's not right for Isiekwe's sake. I'm a big fan and know he's played a fair bit at 6, but to me he's an excellent lock, but not really a point of difference international 6. That would have potential scape goat written all over it which would be a crying shame given how hard it's been for him to get back involved. If that is the pack I'd hope Itoje would wear 6.

I wouldn't mind seeing both OHC and Atkinson play but I doubt both would.

Really hope that's not right for Isiekwe's sake. I'm a big fan and know he's played a fair bit at 6, but to me he's an excellent lock, but not really a point of difference international 6. That would have potential scape goat written all over it which would be a crying shame given how hard it's been for him to get back involved. If that is the pack I'd hope Itoje would wear 6.

I wouldn't mind seeing both OHC and Atkinson play but I doubt both would.
I think Isiekwe might wear 6 but swap with Itoje on the field. Another little twist from Eddie

Whenever Itoje and Isiekwe line up together for Saracens it's Itoje at lock and Isiekwe at 6. I see no reason why that would change for England.

Weather looks rotten.

A few pens a side, 12-6 Scotland.

Whenever Itoje and Isiekwe line up together for Saracens it's Itoje at lock and Isiekwe at 6. I see no reason why that would change for England.
Very true, although what works at club level is far from guaranteed to translate to the international stage.

Just think though how much scepticism there's been on this board and elsewhere about the really big lock type at 6. Most people have only got comfortable with Lawes at 6 comparatively recently and he's a remarkable athlete with about 90 caps worth of experience. Isiekwe is heavier and doesn't have that same athleticism across the ground, although he's also brilliant in the air. As someone pointed out the other day he's not really a carrier either although does have quite good hands.

I really hope Isiekwe gets his chance but I'm not sure flanking would do him any favours. Anyhow, Jones being Jones will probably play Barbeary at 6.

Alfie Barbeary, Joe Heyes, Orlando Bailey, Adam Radwan, Louis Lynagh, Raffi Quirke, Luke Northmore all released and Hill/Lawes confirmed as injured.

Alfie Barbeary, Joe Heyes, Orlando Bailey, Adam Radwan, Louis Lynagh, Raffi Quirke, Luke Northmore all released and Hill/Lawes confirmed as injured.
I misread that, i missed the released part and thought you said all of them were confirmed as injured lol

Thin at 9 if Young's and Randall get injured; I suppose Quirke can always get called up but seems risky.

3 utility players in Daly, Malins, and Furbank it seems

Thin at 9 if Young's and Randall get injured; I suppose Quirke can always get called up but seems risky.
They're not dropped from the squad entirely, just released to play for their clubs because they're not going to be used for England this weekend

Reading that Barbeary had a 'slight hamstring issue' which restricted him earlier in the week although did train fully yesterday.

Given his history I hope the medical teams at Pests and Eng are talking and properly on top of this.

Reading that Barbeary had a 'slight hamstring issue' which restricted him earlier in the week although did train fully yesterday.

Given his history I hope the medical teams at Pests and Eng are talking and properly on top of this.
I know wasps have a special programme for him to manage his hamstring but not sure England will respect that. Especially with Jones's history of beasting people in training.

I know wasps have a special programme for him to manage his hamstring but not sure England will respect that. Especially with Jones's history of beasting people in training.
Considering wasps history I think it's far more likely they'll break him tbh

Latest posts