• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

England Six Nations squad 2022

The verbals probably have less impact than in past years but why say anything at all that increases the pressure on your own team or potentially gives the opposition something to feed off, no matter how small? It's not like Sco are total crap and we've got a settled double GS winning side.

The French are probably still killing themselves laughing after Jones said we were going to beat them up a couple of years ago. And the rest of the world is still waiting for the best team in the history of the world.

I've long since given up taking anything Jones says at face value, but you've got to wonder why he comes out with half the stuff he does.
Distraction.

Doing media must be insanely boring, being asked the same **** over and over again, and he's been coaching at the top level for what, over 2 decades?
Might as well have some fun with it
Yeah, that's fine as long as it's not to the detriment of the team. Then again whoever comes next I'll probably accuse of being boring and dull…..

I think we have to go Atkinson and Slade at 12 and 13 now with any other options out. Unless Jones pulls out a Slade and Nowell midfield which I wouldn't put it past him!

I suppose the good news is that Elliot Daly ("EFD") can only be played in one position, whatever the injuries. It's just depressing that, despite having all this amazing attacking talent available, EJ is likely to manage to pick a pedestrian backline with several players out of position.

* I actually don't mind him at all as an OC, except we don't need an OC, we already have one of those. Or a 23.

Screenshot 2022-01-31 at 13.13.21.png

"My running game is something that I really enjoy and I still pride myself on so if I can get a bit of Raffi's D in me and a bit of Harry's feel for when to tap, it adds and I can just pass on my experience to them knowing that we hopefully can help each other. That is the goal."

One set's for running (£180) and the other is for kicking (£200). No, seriously. I suppose the plan is for the fly half to do nothing but kick it up in the air and the outside backs get to sprint after it; that's why they need different boots. Or maybe the FH changes from kicking boots to running boots if there's a danger of an attack...

Also: 69, nice.

Wonder if the players will actually wear them or if it's just for show?

Like them, either way - but not so much that price tag

Give me a grand and even I would wear those England boots. :p
I'm sure there is financial incentives for the players that do

Huh, it's just occurred to me that a pair of kicker's boots sprayed black will be perfect for Torture Garden

Joining that weird cult seems to have levelled him out, tbf
Did the same with James O'Connor

Don't know how much stock we put in training pics but from looking at bib colours it looks like a rough starting 15 of:

Genge, LCD, Sinckler, Itoje, Ewels, Isiekwe, Curry, Dombrandt
Youngs, Smith, OHC, Atkinson, Slade, Daly, Steward

I'd enjoy it too, tbh

Obv Ewells isn't ideal, but he's EJs boy so is inevitable with the absences
Not keen on Daly on the wing, but same as the above, really

Don't know how much stock we put in training pics but from looking at bib colours it looks like a rough starting 15 of:

Genge, LCD, Sinckler, Itoje, Ewels, Isiekwe, Curry, Dombrandt
Youngs, Smith, OHC, Atkinson, Slade, Daly, Steward
If that squad were to be true then who would bench?