Votes: 0 0.0%
  • I don't care.

• Shut up.

• Total voters
M

meastro

Since I was a boy I have taken huge comfort, in an ever-changing world, in things that remain constant. One of these things was the colour of the English rugby socks. Black and white; no one knows why, but it worked

It has caused me considerable grief that the RWC 07 socks are red and white. It is amazing that a decision of this magnitude could be made without a national referendum at the least. The leadership of the RFU must be sacked.

Whilst I'm not a raging Englishman, I can't imagine it to be that big a deal really.

The issue with most of your fellow countrymen prior to the world cup was the actual design of the sock, not the colours employed.

You seem to have quite a significant beef with the socks being white and red which just so happens to be the jersey colours and as a result blend in and complement the jersey.

You should write a letter to the RFU and complain :p maybe even stage a protest!

How many years ago did the socks change colour?

Who cares? You stupid English make no sense to me much of the time. I pray my followers in Britain's motherland don't cause such a sizable affray in pale significance to such a petty non-problem.

Uhm. Since when do socks matter?

If there's anyone that should complain, it should be us. Having one short sleeve and one long sleeve, or both long, or both short, but no consistency. (I'm referring to the Springbok RWC jerseys). I know it's for a practical reason, but geesh it looks stupid :p

I honestly went into this thinking someone meant to write "England Sucks". Now I'm a little disappointed. No, needless slagging of the English, instead I have to read a post complaining about their socks. You have a right to be mad about the jerseys, but do the socks matter?

I guess if it's a traditional thing it matters. Didn't France used to have red socks? Maybe they still do, I haven't really noticed.

Since I was a boy I have taken huge comfort, in an ever-changing world, in things that remain constant. One of these things was the colour of the English rugby socks. Black and white; no one knows why, but it worked[/b]

:lol2tn: Wrong. They have always been Navy and White.

Maybe all internationals should follow the Barbarians lead and wear their club socks?

I voted it was catastrophic for the game, I guess my mind was on something else.

Rugby teams must keep their traditionnal colors, this is ridiculous to change this. I hate that dark blue france shirt... Why they don't play with royal blue shirt, white short and red socks, these are french colors... If all teams make changes, in 4 years, south africa will play in purple and grey....