• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

England Sqaud Announcement

Oh FFS, that means Borthwick will be playing/starting every game now =/

Carling said on RuckU that he thought Johnson just didn't anounce Borthwick as captain straight away to make it look like he was considering other players/get critics off of his back, looks like he was right =/

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (stormmaster1 @ Jan 25 2010, 11:35 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div>
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Bullitt @ Jan 15 2010, 10:14 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Erm. Right.

I've always said Armitage is a better 15 then Foden and anyone is better then Mears. Even George Chuter (go on, check the archives). Whom by your theory should be the last player I ever praise because he's based at Leicester.

Nice effort though.[/b]

In fairness you didn't praise Chuter, you said he was better than Mears, so the "MITE hate Leicester players" still stands.

:p
[/b][/quote]

SSSSshhhhhhhhhh! :lol:

Anyone know when they're announcing the team for the Wales game?
I just saw an advert saying the Wales team is being announced live on Scrum V on sunday

I'm surprised that few of you "voted" for Shane Geraghty . I think he is a very good player . Each time i saw him play for English team , he brought something to the english game compare to wilko or flood (prefer Geraghty to Flood ..) . Otherwise strong english team as usual . a good mix of experienced and young guys . with Monye , Cueto , Wilkinson , Banham , Armitage at the back , England has defenitly players to make something great .

What would everyone's team for Wales be?

I would go:

01. Mullan (Worcester)
02. Mears (Bath)
03. Wilson (Bath)
04. Shaw (Wasps)
05. Borthwick (Saracens)
06. Haskell (Stade)
07. Moody (Leicester)
08. Easter (Harlequins)
09. Hodgson (London Irish)
10. Wilkinson (Toulon)
11. Monye (Harlequins)
12. Flutey (Brive)
13. Tait (Sale)
14. Cueto (Sale)
15. Armitage (London Irish)

16. Hartley (Northampton)
17. Cole (Leicester)
18. Lawes (Northampton)
19. Armitage (London Irish)
20. Care (Harlequins)
21. Flood (Leicester)
22. Foden (Northampton)

In the 22 -

Two from Bath
Three from Northampton
Three from Harlequins
Three from Leicester
Three from London Irish
One from Worcester
One from Saracens
Two from Sale
One from Wasps
Three from France

No real Leicester bias there

01. Mullan
02. Hartley
03. Wilson
04. Shaw
05. Borthwick (Only because he's the captain so has to)
06. Haskell
07. Moody
08. Easter
09. Hodgson
10. Flood
11. Monye
12. Flutey
13. Tait
14. Cueto (though very tempted to say Ashton due to him and Foden working so well together)
15. Foden

16. Mears
17. Cole
18. Lawes
19. Armitage
20. Care
21. Wilkinson
22. Armitage

How is Josh Lewsey doing at the moment? I know he's 100 years old but I always thought he was absolute class. One of the symbols of the almost perfect 2003 England team. Has he become too slow to play at international level?

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (elgringoborracho @ Jan 31 2010, 09:49 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div>
How is Josh Lewsey doing at the moment? I know he's 100 years old but I always thought he was absolute class. One of the symbols of the almost perfect 2003 England team. Has he become too slow to play at international level?[/b]

At the top of a mountain in Spain at this very moment, thoroughly enjoying his retirement no doubt.

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Bullitt @ Jan 31 2010, 10:50 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div>
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (elgringoborracho @ Jan 31 2010, 09:49 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
How is Josh Lewsey doing at the moment? I know he's 100 years old but I always thought he was absolute class. One of the symbols of the almost perfect 2003 England team. Has he become too slow to play at international level?[/b]

At the top of a mountain in Spain at this very moment, thoroughly enjoying his retirement no doubt.
[/b][/quote]

lol ok i didn't know :lol:

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Olyy @ Jan 31 2010, 10:57 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div>
Yeah, he's training to climb Everest with someone he was in the army with[/b]

Some people never get tired. I'm quite sure he never smoked and eats very healthy food too. What a *******.

To be fair, he's only 32, so didn't even retire from rugby at an old age (Catt lasted 5-6 years longer, technically he's not even retired now), he's only two years older than BOD

Lewsey retired in his prime and was still pwning n00bs right up to his last game.

Really could have done with him at FB over the autumn...

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Prestwick @ Jan 31 2010, 11:50 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div>
Lewsey retired in his prime and was still pwning n00bs right up to his last game.

Really could have done with him at FB over the autumn...[/b]

That's why I didn't think he had retired, I remember watching him last season and he still seemed bloody good to me!

Seriously, the guy was a machine. Utter shows of class like when he hunted down a terrified Jean de Villiers, best case of hunter thinking he was home free becoming hunted when he realised that Lewsey was closing him down.

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Prestwick @ Jan 31 2010, 11:56 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div>
Seriously, the guy was a machine. Utter shows of class like when he hunted down a terrified Jean de Villiers, best case of hunter thinking he was home free becoming hunted when he realised that Lewsey was closing him down.[/b]

Yup, made a missed try more enjoyable to watch than an actual try, not so often do you see that. He scored a couple of annoying tries against us too, among which one I'd rather not mention. The **** bounce and stupid Traille try.
My best moment of him being his vengeance on Matt Rogers. What rugby is all about to me.

The Matt Rogers hit was epic. Utterly epic and perfectly legal too ;)

Rogers had spent most of the time in the run up to the match talking about how hard he was and how he was some kind of crocodile dundee and all that.

Latest posts