• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

England Sqaud Announcement

Erm. Right.

I've always said Armitage is a better 15 then Foden and anyone is better then Mears. Even George Chuter (go on, check the archives). Whom by your theory should be the last player I ever praise because he's based at Leicester.

Nice effort though.

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Bullitt @ Jan 14 2010, 10:14 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div>
Erm. Right.

I've always said Armitage is a better 15 then Foden and anyone is better then Mears. Even George Chuter (go on, check the archives). Whom by your theory should be the last player I ever praise because he's based at Leicester.

Nice effort though.[/b]

Oh come on!

Don't talk garbage.

Do you really think Lee Mears would have been picked for the lions if he was that ****.

I would assume you're basing this opinion of Mears on the first half of the first Lions test match where the pack was on the back foot the whole time - with a crumbling Vickery on one side and a poor performance from the second row. Lineouts against the best jumpers in the world.

Once again i'd urge you to watch a Bath game once in a while and see what he does.

I've been saying, very vocally, that Lee Mears is **** ever since I signed up to TRF 5 years ago. And Lee Mears wasn't a special case and like every other Hooker in the UK was also selected to go on the Lions Tour. He only played because Jerry Flannary buggered his elbow, otherwise he would have been a reserve choice long behind Ford with Rees on the bench.

International selection, particularly England, does not necessarily mean a player is of any high standard these days... Steve "does f*** all" Borthwick is captain after all. Then the last few years have proven more of the same with the likes of Payne, Chuter, Deacon, Corry, Ellis, Goode, Sackey, Paul, Farrell, Varndell & Balshaw all testament to the fact.

Mears was a stop gap player in an era when England have been at their absolute worst - Purely because the talent was ignored. He's too small, he's too fat, he can't hook the bloody ball, his lineout is actually just as wonky as Thomson, Chuter, Ibanez, Lawson or Hartley have ever been and he doesn't get stuck in at the breakdown, preferring instead to bugger around in the midfield.

He may have a decent rugby brain on him, but he wasn't blessed with the physique of someone like O'Driscoll or Henson which his chosen playing style demands.

You could almost say that Lee Mears wants to be Shalk Brits. The way his fans talk about him, anyone new to the game would think he's better then the South African.

I'm watching the England v NZ from the AIs atm, and Payne is absolutely shocking. I didn't really notice at the time, but every single scrum, attacking or defending, he just crumbles. WTF is Johnson thinking bringing him in again =/

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (ali12 @ Jan 14 2010, 11:31 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div>
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Bullitt @ Jan 14 2010, 10:14 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Erm. Right.

Nice effort though.[/b]

Oh come on!

Don't talk garbage.

Do you really think Lee Mears would have been picked for the lions if he was that ****.

I would assume you're basing this opinion of Mears on the first half of the first Lions test match where the pack was on the back foot the whole time - with a crumbling Vickery on one side and a poor performance from the second row. Lineouts against the best jumpers in the world.

Once again i'd urge you to watch a Bath game once in a while and see what he does.
[/b][/quote]

mrburns.jpg

Mears is doing an ok job, but he's never set the international arena alight. It's all about familiars. Mears is a familiar, he has been in the squad for a good time now and while he's not world class, he will be selected because of his experience in the England set-up. You can put him on the pitch, and he'll just start from where he left off. That's why guys like Vickery get in.. clearly past-it, why is he there.. because he knows his way around an England test match, and for some reason the RFU have this view, one would assume.. that a mixture of 2003 glory boys, rugby league experiments, average club veterans and try 'em and drop 'em caps is how to make a Starting XV.

In comparison Lievremeont took an awful lot of **** for 2 years but now the squad is beginning to look real good...with good backup in almost all positions.

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Charles @ Jan 16 2010, 03:57 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div>
In comparison Lievremeont took an awful lot of **** for 2 years but now the squad is beginning to look real good...with good backup in almost all positions.[/b]
Looking forward to France getting stuffed by Ireland.

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (shtove @ Jan 16 2010, 01:06 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div>
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Charles @ Jan 16 2010, 03:57 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
In comparison Lievremeont took an awful lot of **** for 2 years but now the squad is beginning to look real good...with good backup in almost all positions.[/b]
[/b][/quote]
:eek:
Let it be known to all that the Irish shot first.
Now, if France win, which should happen as any reasoble man can see, I will allow myself to be ungracious in defeat, high nosed, and more generally a nuisance towards you, Shtove. :bleh!:

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Charles @ Jan 16 2010, 07:36 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div>
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (shtove @ Jan 16 2010, 01:06 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Charles @ Jan 16 2010, 03:57 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
[/b][/quote]
:eek:
Let it be known to all that the Irish shot first.
Now, if France win, which should happen as any reasoble man can see, I will allow myself to be ungracious in defeat, high nosed, and more generally a nuisance towards you, Shtove. :bleh!:
[/b][/quote]
Going to try and beat the Irish at their own game? :p

I kid, i kid, they're not Springbok supporters ;)

On twitter:

willcarling

On my way to see Martin Johnson. Will be able to let you know why soon !!

Passing the torch over? :p

He's just said:

willcarling

I am not teasing, but will be able to let you know the reason for the MJ meeting next week! :-0

in all seriousness, wonder what it is. Some interview or tv related crap, or if he's being brought onto the coaching staff?

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Olyy @ Jan 18 2010, 04:43 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div>
He's just said:

willcarling

I am not teasing, but will be able to let you know the reason for the MJ meeting next week! :-0

in all seriousness, wonder what it is. Some interview or tv related crap, or if he's being brought onto the coaching staff?[/b]

Please no. He's talked sense about England... but he's another guy who isn't a coach. Plus the RFU hate him.

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Bullitt @ Jan 15 2010, 10:14 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div>
Erm. Right.

Nice effort though.[/b]

In fairness you didn't praise Chuter, you said he was better than Mears, so the "MITE hate Leicester players" still stands.

:p

Latest posts