• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

England Squad Announced

Haha, Narraway said on Twitter
"Good luck to Thomas the tank engine and his English Nan... Not bitter much"

Sent from my HTC Incredible S using Tapatalk

I dunno, he's been working his way back up to the England.d squad, is in good form, captained the England XV against Barbarians and then someone who only decided the other month has been chosen ahead of him
He's fairly justified in being miffed :p

I dunno, he's been working his way back up to the England.d squad, is in good form, captained the England XV against Barbarians and then someone who only decided the other month has been chosen ahead of him
He's fairly justified in being miffed :p

Its grand being miffed but having a stab at the guy who is a better player ...online is a bit sly...say it before going out onto the pitch or in a ruck , but this to me makes him seem a bit childish :/

Ah, good point,
I'm presuming he won't be at the top of the list if injury were to occur now as well...

Four kiwis?
I count 2.75 (Hape, Flutey and three quarters of Waldrom)

Anyone who has heard Manu Tuilagi talk would have no doubts over the fact he was raised in the East Midlands :p

If he comes from Leicester, he should sound like he putting on a fake Yorkshire accent...

Doubt England will get further than a semi final tbh. Sucks a bit that we haven't produced a good, internationally experienced 12 in the last 4 years. Still, plenty of good players in there, weaknesses will be in the centres, and that's about it imo.

Doubt England will get further than a semi final tbh. Sucks a bit that we haven't produced a good, internationally experienced 12 in the last 4 years. Still, plenty of good players in there, weaknesses will be in the centres, and that's about it imo.

Same thing was said before the 2007 World Cup, and we all know what happened then.

I think this team could be good, they have quite a few players that can come on in the last 20 and completly change a game. Should make their games great to watch.

Waldrom, Hape, Flutey

I see England selectors have been out pillaging the Pacific Islands again!!
68.gif
30.gif
4.gif

Same thing was said before the 2007 World Cup, and we all know what happened then.

Crucial difference I fear is that lot told whichever gameplan maker where to go after the SA group game and started the attitude of "we will not be beat" and played in a shear bloody minded nature. It wasn't pretty, but it served a purpose. The current lot think "we will beat you" despite not being good enough in multiple key positions around the park, particularly 9-13.

They'll get through the group, but any more after that is a bonus.

Seriously, what was Johnston thinking picking players from New Zealand and Samoa? If history has shown us anything, teams composed of New Zealand and Samoans notoriously choke at the RWC ;)

No major surprises in the squad for me, though I've got no real idea who Botha is... what happened to David Attwood, I thought he looked promising? Glad to see Chris Robshaw there, I hope he makes the final squad (though I suspect he will miss out).

IMO, it is somewhat of an indictment of English rugby that a New Zealander player who is not even close to All Blacks selection (he would probably have been a backup to the backup to the backup for Kieren Read and couldn't even nail down selection for NZ "A" in 2009) can go to England and leap-frog a number of the established England players, even though I can't see him outing Croft, Haskell or Easter.

And what the hell ever happened to Luke Narraway? He looked a great prospect at No.8 for England when he came out on the 2008 June Tours, then the Six Nations in 2009 (I think I remember him playing against Wales?) then he just seemed to fall by the wayside.

Who's Johnston?

Attwood is out injured for the next couple of months - Kitchener should've been his replacement though

Just seen an interview with Johnson saying that he's starting from scratch with this squad and only judging them on the training and warm-ups
While this is complete horse sh*t and he'll pick the same XV he did in Six Nations (injury returns aside) it'd be nice if he actually did and we saw the best players playing for once :p

I wish Waldron well,and what player would not want to participate in a world cup. However I was rather surprised to see him included in the England squad. He was never going to make the All Blacks,mind you nor would Flutey and Hartley in my opinion.

Waldrom is a bloody good player , solid and tough. Kinda get board of people going on about if a player should play for a certian team? If that player wants to play for that team and his team mates want him to play for that team then its not really anyone elses problem.

Who's Johnston?

Attwood is out injured for the next couple of months - Kitchener should've been his replacement though

Just seen an interview with Johnson saying that he's starting from scratch with this squad and only judging them on the training and warm-ups
While this is complete horse sh*t and he'll pick the same XV he did in Six Nations (injury returns aside) it'd be nice if he actually did and we saw the best players playing for once :p

He's the England coach that picked Worsely (see post #3) :p
I saw my mistake the moment I posted it, but for some reason you can't alter your posts in the RWC forum....

Waldrom is a bloody good player , solid and tough. Kinda get board of people going on about if a player should play for a certian team? If that player wants to play for that team and his team mates want him to play for that team then its not really anyone elses problem.

It's a national team that belongs to everybody (in England), not a privately owned club. The English have all the right to express every opinion about it.

Latest posts