• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

England - Squad Announcement Thursday 27th

Whitehead comes across as a bit of a dick in the very limited exposure to him I've had, but I couldn't really disagree with the point he's making save for the fact that TY has significantly more experience and is "proven".

Did anyone actually read the Rowntree comment correct.

All he said is Hartley wasn't in camp as he knows all calls having been around. And that he's an option to be considered IF there's an injury AND he has served his ban. So basically if a hooker gets an injury after round 1 then Hartley will be considered as a call up

Did anyone actually read the Rowntree comment correct.

All he said is Hartley wasn't in camp as he knows all calls having been around. And that he's an option to be considered IF there's an injury AND he has served his ban. So basically if a hooker gets an injury after round 1 then Hartley will be considered as a call up

Yes i did, and i pointed out exactly what you're saying now.

Didn't England and SL set out rules about social media????

Hartley probably is our best all round Hooker but not the best all round person.. :/

Hartley's suspensions

April 2007: Banned for 26 weeks for gouging Wasps forwards James Haskell and Jonny O'Connor

March 2012: Banned for eight weeks for biting Ireland's Stephen Ferris in the Six Nations

December 2012: Banned for two weeks for striking Ulster's Rory Best

May 2013: Banned for 11 weeks for verbal abuse of a match official - costs him a place on the British and Irish Lions tour of Australia

December 2014: Banned for three weeks for elbowing Leicester's Matt Smith

May 2015: Banned for four weeks for headbutting Saracens' Jamie George - costs him a place in England's World Cup training squad

It's cost him some of the top accolades in sport..

Hartley probably is our best all round Hooker but not the best all round person.. :/

Hartley's suspensions

April 2007: Banned for 26 weeks for gouging Wasps forwards James Haskell and Jonny O'Connor

March 2012: Banned for eight weeks for biting Ireland's Stephen Ferris in the Six Nations

December 2012: Banned for two weeks for striking Ulster's Rory Best

May 2013: Banned for 11 weeks for verbal abuse of a match official - costs him a place on the British and Irish Lions tour of Australia

December 2014: Banned for three weeks for elbowing Leicester's Matt Smith

May 2015: Banned for four weeks for headbutting Saracens' Jamie George - costs him a place in England's World Cup training squad

It's cost him some of the top accolades in sport..

See a lot of those offences were to his England teammates. Whatever about another player, but head butting someone from your country is just awful and that cannot be welcomed into a squad.

See a lot of those offences were to his England teammates. Whatever about another player, but head butting someone from your country is just awful and that cannot be welcomed into a squad.

Headbutting someone from your own country? What is even worse is throwing the ball to someone from another country in a lineout.

Now if it was the French hooker throwing and Lawes stealing it would it be an excellent performance from Lawes or poor throwing. Most will be saying it was an excellent jumper perfomance.

It takes 2 to lose the ball, some were Youngs but some was where our jumper allowed the French jumpers to get in front of them and win it.

Now if it was the French hooker throwing and Lawes stealing it would it be an excellent performance from Lawes or poor throwing. Most will be saying it was an excellent jumper perfomance.

It takes 2 to lose the ball, some were Youngs but some was where our jumper allowed the French jumpers to get in front of them and win it.

The reasons the ball was easily contestable was the poor quality timing and the fact an under 10 year old could read the line out.

The problem with youngs is often that. He has to go to the front jumper which is easily readable. We just need to focus on George and leave youngs as an impact player as he will never be a top line out operator, he's had plenty of chance and not improved.

The reasons the ball was easily contestable was the poor quality timing and the fact an under 10 year old could read the line out.

The problem with youngs is often that. He has to go to the front jumper which is easily readable. We just need to focus on George and leave youngs as an impact player as he will never be a top line out operator, he's had plenty of chance and not improved.

That wasn't front ball though. That was back ball and I'd argue a pretty decent throw - maybe not perfect, but on target - except for the problem a French jumper was able to work out where it was going and be up right in front or Lawes at the right time.

That wasn't front ball though. That was back ball and I'd argue a pretty decent throw - maybe not perfect, but on target - except for the problem a French jumper was able to work out where it was going and be up right in front or Lawes at the right time.

I'd still have to agree with LivingSacrifice, George is a very good all round player, with very good set piece and good work rate around the park, also I feel Youngs is a better impact player than George, he brings a real energy at 60 minutes.
So I think we should be looking to start George at Hooker.

so it's being reported heavily on Twatter, that England are playing a trial match today behind closed doors - reports are that it's out of Morgan and Easter, and Burrell and Burgess.

I'm not sure if i believe it, or at least believe selection comes down to today's trial run out.

so it's being reported heavily on Twatter, that England are playing a trial match today behind closed doors - reports are that it's out of Morgan and Easter, and Burrell and Burgess.

I'm not sure if i believe it, or at least believe selection comes down to today's trial run out.

I don't believe it...

Actually, a last minute trial match is the sort of bat**** thing I can see the management doing.

A full trial match? Really?

Do the players get to pick their respective teams?!

If Morgan is looking like he'll get back up to fitness then he goes if not he's potentially one of a number of player who are potentially being carried into the World Cup (Barritt and Launch spring to mind).

Latest posts