• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

England - Squad Announcement Thursday 27th

I agree with Stuart Barnes squad....there I have said It feel free to take the ****

Last edited:
Looks like England coaches agree with me: Dylan Hartley is the best option at hooker. They are making an exception in pursuit of the win. This is what you do for exceptional talent. They must have watched the same two games that I watched.

http://www.espn.co.uk/rugby/story/_...-world-cup-lifeline-according-graham-rowntree

posted that in the other thread, not sure he's agreeing with you all he's said is "we're not completely ruling him out if a chance arises we know he can come in".

Lancaster said:
"There would have to be an injury. We would go with the three hookers that will go and we will put all our time and effort into them," Lancaster said.

"I'll certainly not be bringing him into camp. I haven't had a conversation with him since the last one."

i guess we'll see if he gets selected.

He's not that good...exceptional talent my ass most competent out of group of average hookers and two are still young.

I think they should select him, Youngs just isn't an option in my mind when he struggles so badly at the lineout. Webber and LCD fill me with little confidence also. Hartley backed up by George is how I would like Lancaster to go.

That being said, I think Hartley completely missing all the training camps then suddenly being selected would be extremely strange and I don't see it happening.

posted that in the other thread, not sure he's agreeing with you all he's said is "we're not completely ruling him out if a chance arises we know he can come in".

Lancaster said:
"There would have to be an injury. We would go with the three hookers that will go and we will put all our time and effort into them," Lancaster said.

"I'll certainly not be bringing him into camp. I haven't had a conversation with him since the last one."

i guess we'll see if he gets selected.

Does not matter what he says. He said Hartley would not be on the squad. Now he has backed off. He has pressure to win and Hartley gives him the best chance to win. They will determine who needs to be injured very soon and then have them be injured.

I think they should select him, Youngs just isn't an option in my mind when he struggles so badly at the lineout. Webber and LCD fill me with little confidence also. Hartley backed up by George is how I would like Lancaster to go.

That being said, I think Hartley completely missing all the training camps then suddenly being selected would be extremely strange and I don't see it happening.

to select hartley they'd need to select four hookers to cover one week of rugby - it's just daft.

If there is an injury they'll swap him in.

- - - Updated - - -

Does not matter what he says. He said Hartley would not be on the squad. Now he has backed off. He has pressure to win and Hartley gives him the best chance to win. They will determine who needs to be injured very soon and then have them be injured.

Lancaster hasn't changed his stance, Rowntree has said they won't rule it out (he also indicated that not all the issues were throwing):

Lancaster has said almost exactly the same thing as when he dropped Hartley:
""Dylan has let his England team-mates down," Lancaster said, pointedly dismissing the theoretical possibility that if one of the chosen hookers got injured in the opening game of the World Cup against Fiji on Septr 18, Hartley could be drafted straight back into the squad.
"I would be very disappointed if it came to that. Dylan is clearly out of the squad and I would not wish ill on any of the others. I am going to put my all my effort and energy into the four hookers we have got. We have invested a lot of time in getting the team to the World Cup in the best possible shape." And then someone undermines all that preparation."

Last edited:
to select hartley they'd need to select four hookers to cover one week of rugby - it's just daft.

If there is an injury they'll swap him in.

- - - Updated - - -

Lancaster hasn't changed his stance, Rowntree has said they won't rule it out (he also indicated that not all the issues were throwing):

Lancaster has said almost exactly the same thing as when he dropped Hartley:
""Dylan has let his England team-mates down," Lancaster said, pointedly dismissing the theoretical possibility that if one of the chosen hookers got injured in the opening game of the World Cup against Fiji on Septr 18, Hartley could be drafted straight back into the squad.
"I would be very disappointed if it came to that. Dylan is clearly out of the squad and I would not wish ill on any of the others. I am going to put my all my effort and energy into the four hookers we have got. We have invested a lot of time in getting the team to the World Cup in the best possible shape." And then someone undermines all that preparation."

I he wants the team to be in the "best possible shape" it will include Hartley at hooker. Lancaster knows this. He is getting pressure right now to perform. WC does not come to England every year. They have to seize the opportunity now. No one will care about principles if they lose and they will not care about anything Hartley has done in the past if he helps them win. It is about winning now.

I he wants the team to be in the "best possible shape" it will include Hartley at hooker. Lancaster knows this. He is getting pressure right now to perform. WC does not come to England every year. They have to seize the opportunity now. No one will care about principles if they lose and they will not care about anything Hartley has done in the past if he helps them win. It is about winning now.

so, what you're saying is, the coaches haven't agreed with you in anyway?

Exactly right. Just win the f****** thing at all costs, everything else will be forgiven.

What I want to know is why someone joins a forum just to say how great Dylan Hartley is of all players...

What I want to know is why someone joins a forum just to say how great Dylan Hartley is of all players...

no, he also took the time to tell us how england should change how they play to copy the SH (even though each team actually plays a different style of Rugby).

Last edited:
Exactly right. Just win the f****** thing at all costs, everything else will be forgiven.
Hartley regardless of whether he's the best choice of hooker will not be the point of difference of winning the thing....seriously he won't. As he's not anywhere near that calibre of player to be able grab the game scruff of its neck and produce a performance that leads to win.

Hartley regardless of whether he's the best choice of hooker will not be the point of difference of winning the thing....seriously he won't. As he's not anywhere near that calibre of player to be able grab the game scruff of its neck and produce a performance that leads to win.

Well, you may be right, but looking at the shambles of the lineout, we really need the best hooker. Set piece is critical.

Interesting Twitter spat between Marler and Chris Whitehead.

Whitehead saying TY shouldn't make the squad due to his throwing.

Marler takes offence and sort of kicks off from they.

In the typical Laddish banter way but I can sense the undertone.

Few of the other England players retweeted one of his tweets about White wouldn't have the plums to say that if he was still playing.

Interesting Twitter spat between Marler and Chris Whitehead.

Whitehead saying TY shouldn't make the squad due to his throwing.

Marler takes offence and sort of kicks off from they.

In the typical Laddish banter way but I can sense the undertone.

Few of the other England players retweeted one of his tweets about White wouldn't have the plums to say that if he was still playing.

ImageUploadedByRugby Forum1440541426.954009.jpg

This bit was my favourite :D

Apologies for crap quality.

Latest posts