• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

England to send full strength sides down under..apparently.

C'mon Teh, it never matters who gets picked for England, your never happy with the side which yields handy excuses, :p !

Really? I laugh at the fact England suck at poofball. No, really, I do.

As for a "full strenght squad" for the Summer tour... Rumour has it Steve "I-broke-me-neck-and-had-to-retire-but-only-to-move-to-France" Thompson will be selected for the tour.

If that's not taking another step backwards, I dunno what is.
[/b]

You may have the EPL going for you (with the help of a lot Spaniards, French and Africans), but in terms of national performance, England really, well... ARE average. I don't see what the fuss is, it's like Wales recent rugby situation. Stark raving mad, but a lost cause.

With respect to Stevie Ray Thompson, well look out Keven Mealamu. This further sinks my hopes of a famous underdog win for NZ.

Just when I thought we may sneak within 10 points... along comes Thomo with all his brilliance to crush the dreams of a nation, NZ that is.

I hope Catt won't be touring, or dare I say it, what if the mercurial Dan Luger comes out of retirement? We're definitely screwed.

I hope Catt won't be touring, or dare I say it, what if the mercurial Dan Luger comes out of retirement? We're definitely screwed.
[/b]
Dan Luger retired? That one obviously fell under the back pages radar. Really missed a big story there!! :zzz:

<div class='quotemain'>
[/b]

Dan Luger retired? That one obviously fell under the back pages radar. Really missed a big story there!! :zzz:
[/b][/quote]

Well he hasn't played for England since '03 no? It's fairly obvious what I meant (coughcough :D ).

But seriously, I cannot fathom why England persist with recalling old timers. Whats wrong with injecting younger players, like France are doing? If Steve Thompson does come back I shouldn't be surprised, it'll be a greater travesty than selecting geriatrics like Back, Dalaglio etc in the Lions tour.

How can anybody argue with the fact that New Zealand will be the underdogs?

They have all the facts on their side, 8th in the world cup, losing all their players etc.

As well as the fact that this match will be just seven days after the mighty All Blacks get beaten off the park by Ireland! :p

How can anybody argue with the fact that New Zealand will be the underdogs?

They have all the facts on their side, 8th in the world cup, losing all their players etc.

As well as the fact that this match will be just seven days after the mighty All Blacks get beaten off the park by Ireland! :p

[/b]

security!

Well if england perform like they did against france and in the first half against wales, who can rule them out. Jonny Wilkinson has time to return to form, David Strettle will be back to run rampant, Josh Lewsey could still be in the incredible form hes in, then theres the other Newcastle backs, Noon, Tait and Toby Flood, all top class players, its all about which england play, scotish england or french england.

how can we can we lern if we dont send our best to play the world. I think the tours should also be used to bring in playing paterns that have been proven in the prem and test them aginst the best. why do we think the head coach has all the est ideas? when he fails we then blame jonny

Latest posts