• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

England U20 vs Ireland U20

Very impressed by Furlong. He stood up to the English pack very well and was very physical around the pitch. He made a great tackle turnover in the first half to prevent a try. Ireland showed some cutting edge in attack but they made mistakes and took along time to get into the game. Also the tackling was good most of the time and the scramble defence was admirable but defencive line stands off too much.

I was, and have always been, very impressed by Marshal he always goes forward form what I've seen anyway (didn't see any of the few ML games he played this year). I have to say the back line in particual for Ireland looks very very promising.

Just saw the match ( I watched a recording of it) Gilroy did great in the first half to get that try. He also made a very good break in the second half.
We were unlucky to loose, It seemed England were well more capable of scoring tries and ireland had to go for the boot.
Also Just wondering Why would Jonah lomu be at a england ireland game at the u20 world championship? Hmm either he lives in europe or he was coaching the u20 new zealand team?

Latest posts