• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

England v France

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (An Tarbh @ Mar 16 2009, 05:08 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div>
well this is only the first year that English players have been rested during the 6 Nations, time for the French to follow suit if they can get an agreement with the clubs[/b]

Yep u are right . In your sentence , you bring a beginning of explanation . We are always delayed about that sort of things in France . British have found an agreement to not play during the 6N but frenchies no . Maybe next year.... :p

When english were in a championship with 16 teams , we were at 20 , when we were at 16 , they were already at 12 ...it seems that we are improving this year :p ...But the fact is that it is always 4 , 5 , 6 , 7 , 8 matches more to play each season ..and maybe it counts a little bit in the fact that you miss this little energy to be more clever to win some semi-finals of world cup :rolleyes: ..smoking theory certainly sir !

My point is that we built our rugby tradition differently than british . it has always been a fight between clubs and federation in the past . Some great players have never played in The french team because of little fight between the player's club and the federation . I think British are making more conscensus than french and maybe english team is more important in england than french team in France . in Football we could say it the other way :D

Obviously there is a lot more reasons and differences but it depends closely from this first point ....Maybe our latin nature makes us hard to be able to compromise :p Rugby in France has more a fighting meaning , it was a fight between villages or town so fight of low social level population...as In England it came more from universities , educated people , high social level population...we have been excluded several times from the tournament because of our quite "violent" rugby :p ...in France , rugby is not a sport of gentlemen lol !

For example , England team can call its players for some training even outside the 6N or other competition . In France , it does not happen , Clubs let go players only for matches (and obviously a training before ) ...And i think it comes from this french tradition .

i would say that all of that bring some difficulties in the internal life of the french rugby and make it very frustrating sometimes and charming some over times !

what is more stupid in this TOP14 calendar, is that they just don't play during 6N, but they play big rendez-vous...

Why on earth scheduling a Toulouse/Biarritz , Biarritz/Clermont or Perpignan/Toulouse right in the middle of the tournament. You can easily imagine that leaders of these team won't place a B teams in such matches. Even without any concurency they will do what they have to fullfil and satisfy the stadium audience (cf Toulouse playing on the sunday in the football stadium to have the bigger one)

Latest posts