• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

England v France

Time to get nostalgic;

<object width="425" height="350"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/_T5HiNWuls0"></param><param name="wmode" value="transparent"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/_T5HiNWuls0" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" wmode="transparent" width="425" height="350"></embed></object>

Do they? Really? When did France develop a strong pack? Last time I checked, France can easily be shunted about the park.

If England can keep it slow and ugly like they did against the Convicts, they have a chance. If the French dictate the the pace of the game and take advantage of the numerous overlaps the English defence keeps allowing, things will go Les Bleus way.

However it's certain England will win if they can get some sort of lead up by 60 mins... The mad scientist won't bring CHABAL!!! on until then.
[/b]

After the defeats Vs All blacks the whole team spent its time lifting iron, this is why today the team is much stronger.

Now i hate to see over confident peoples french side as usual overconfident peoples are punished... :ranting:

Whatever you say. You must be watching a different French side to me, the 2007 Les Bleu pack is pathetic, hense getting ripped a new one by Argentina.

Even Irelands half-arsed pack gave Argentina a game. [/b]

I agree with this. Watching the England v Australia game, the English forwards were tearing into the Aussie forwards and knocking them backwards off the ball, creating turnovers. I watched the French (good on them for winning) slamming similarly into the ABs, but getting nowhere - which is why the ABs had almost 80% possession.

As for the Australians being poor - this is laughable. They were ranked 2 in the world, and 2nd favourites. Talk about the one-eyed man being King in the land of the blind. Just come out with it and say you hate the English - then your remarks will be fully understood by all, as they already are by some.

The favoured NH teams going into this tournament were France and Ireland. It's tough Ireland lost, but they didn't play up to their expectations. England have been crap since 2003, and have played crap in the RWC until Samoa and Tonga - but then again, we were advised that playing "well" (a relative term) against 'lesser' teams didn't add up to much.

We then played out of our skins to beat the Aussies.

If we repeat the intensity of that game, we'll out scrum the French. But........it all depends on the day, the mentality of the teams, the ref, the weather, and the desire to win. Skill and expertise are out of the window. Heart and guts (and a decent ref) will determine this one.......

Well im still bitter about the loss so i don't really care who wins this one. I just hope the french and poms kill eachother out there. Well i would'nt want death just a few really bad injuries would be nice.

well im a new zealander so im gutted about the loss, bloody french lol. So im going to support the southern hemisphere....go SA

Well im still bitter about the loss so i don't really care who wins this one. I just hope the french and poms kill eachother out there. Well i would'nt want death just a few really bad injuries would be nice. [/b]
Ding
well im a new zealander so im gutted about the loss, bloody french lol. So im going to support the southern hemisphere....go SA [/b]
Dang
Yeah me too, i never thought i'd see a day where i support SA. [/b]
Dong

Seriously? BooHoo...

As for the Australians being poor - this is laughable. They were ranked 2 in the world, and 2nd favourites.
[/b]
It's pretty common knowledge that the ranking are BS, all the Wallabies have done in the last four years is get thier scrum destroyed constantly and actually have a chance of stealing the Tri Nations and Bledisloe this year until getting crushed by the AB's, the 2nd placing was entirely unwarranted and to say 2nd favourites to win the cup, have you been reading the articles about the world cup, we have NEVER been anywhere near 2nd favourite....

<div class='quotemain'>
As for the Australians being poor - this is laughable. They were ranked 2 in the world, and 2nd favourites.
[/b]
It's pretty common knowledge that the ranking are BS, all the Wallabies have done in the last four years is get thier scrum destroyed constantly and actually have a chance of stealing the Tri Nations and Bledisloe this year until getting crushed by the AB's, the 2nd placing was entirely unwarranted and to say 2nd favourites to win the cup, have you been reading the articles about the world cup, we have NEVER been anywhere near 2nd favourite....
[/b][/quote]

Sorry, 3rd favourites then.

France have the advantage going into this match, but it's all on the day, as we saw in the quarter finals..

<div class='quotemain'>
[/b]
It's pretty common knowledge that the ranking are BS, all the Wallabies have done in the last four years is get thier scrum destroyed constantly and actually have a chance of stealing the Tri Nations and Bledisloe this year until getting crushed by the AB's, the 2nd placing was entirely unwarranted and to say 2nd favourites to win the cup, have you been reading the articles about the world cup, we have NEVER been anywhere near 2nd favourite.... [/b][/quote]

Oh right, I had it wrong then. The Aussies came into this tournament as a crap team, having no chance of winning anything, and everyone expected England to beat them. Fair enough. How daft of me to think otherwise, and how utterly unremarkable was the win England managed.

What about a world cup with the same teams in the opening and closing match?
How do you see it? HEY, HEY ... let me dream :rolleyes: . Actually is not too difficult. And more, we let the Frech the possibility of a revenge!.

<div class='quotemain'> <div class='quotemain'>
[/b]
It's pretty common knowledge that the ranking are BS, all the Wallabies have done in the last four years is get thier scrum destroyed constantly and actually have a chance of stealing the Tri Nations and Bledisloe this year until getting crushed by the AB's, the 2nd placing was entirely unwarranted and to say 2nd favourites to win the cup, have you been reading the articles about the world cup, we have NEVER been anywhere near 2nd favourite.... [/b][/quote]

Oh right, I had it wrong then. The Aussies came into this tournament as a crap team, having no chance of winning anything, and everyone expected England to beat them. Fair enough. How daft of me to think otherwise, and how utterly unremarkable was the win England managed.
[/b][/quote]
They came into the tournament grossly overhyped by our media, simple as that...the veil was taken off by England...

<div class='quotemain'>
<div class='quotemain'> <div class='quotemain'>
[/b]

[/b][/quote]
They came into the tournament grossly overhyped by our media, simple as that...the veil was taken off by England...
[/b][/quote]

Even though it's true, England are still a team Australia should've beaten.

At least now we can hopefully look forward to a new GOOD coach and a new generation of players.

As much as I love Gregan, Larkham etc. it's exciting to have a change.

Anyways, go France!

We have here two experienced team: a lot of experienced players on the two sides and also, two teams wich had a long journey to arrive until there: defeats against Argentina or SA, many critics on the press, tought wins againt SH Nations... Mentally, this will be 50/50, so the better (or the most intelligent) team will win. And, without any arrogance, I think France will win this one

Especially because of our strong defense and our discipline. If there is not faults, there is not Wilkinson's penalty kicks. And with a beast like Dusautoir, or even the good old Betsen, dropgoals will be hard to score too. And after all, Wilko was not so accurate in the last games...

Scrums ? The ABs were far better on this point too, even in touches too and they lost. Remember the first warm up game at Twickenham (who means nothing, OK, but...) France has been dominated all along, and wins it at the end with a strong defense and two tries to zero. My only fear is our kicking abilities: Beauxis & Traille were not fantastic against the ABs, whereas Wilkinson, Catt and Robinson were perfect against Australia. I'd like to see Michalak at fly half, but he's a very bad kicker. Skrela can be a good compromise, but he's too tender under pressure, even more than the younger Beauxis... so I'd go with Beauxis in the starting lineup, and Michalak as impact player in the second half, again.

But despites that, England are still a great team, with a strong mental and a capacity to reborn again & again. So I will not be so confident saturday...

My prediction: France by 8.

If Michalak is on form France will win but if Wilkinson is on form England will win it. [/b]

So far in the big games the only No 10 with alot of impact has been Hernandez. Wilkinson has so far been a decent player this WC, but done no more or less to win than others in the 22. The match will most lilkely be decided by the packs, the passion and mental strength. Both England and France are capable of lifting their game to win or wilting under pressure. I think France will win, but so far it's the tournament of the underdog. so anything goes.

IMO the game will be decided by the set piece and breakdown. If either side dominate there then the other will struggle with little possession.

Prediction: France by 12, but hoping i'm wrong. Got to remember the score last time they played a match in a competition.

We have here two experienced team: a lot of experienced players on the two sides and also, two teams wich had a long journey to arrive until there: defeats against Argentina or SA, many critics on the press, tought wins againt SH Nations... Mentally, this will be 50/50, so the better (or the most intelligent) team will win. And, without any arrogance, I think France will win this one

Especially because of our strong defense and our discipline. If there is not faults, there is not Wilkinson's penalty kicks. And with a beast like Dusautoir, or even the good old Betsen, dropgoals will be hard to score too. And after all, Wilko was not so accurate in the last games...

Scrums ? The ABs were far better on this point too, even in touches too and they lost. Remember the first warm up game at Twickenham (who means nothing, OK, but...) France has been dominated all along, and wins it at the end with a strong defense and two tries to zero. My only fear is our kicking abilities: Beauxis & Traille were not fantastic against the ABs, whereas Wilkinson, Catt and Robinson were perfect against Australia. I'd like to see Michalak at fly half, but he's a very bad kicker. Skrela can be a good compromise, but he's too tender under pressure, even more than the younger Beauxis... so I'd go with Beauxis in the starting lineup, and Michalak as impact player in the second half, again.

But despites that, England are still a great team, with a strong mental and a capacity to reborn again & again. So I will not be so confident saturday...

My prediction: France by 8.
[/b]

No no no no no. you don't get it. You're the opposition. you have to talk about how rubbish England are, how great France are, how we are lucky to be there. How you are going to beat us by 30 points. How are we supposed to win without our backs against the wall??

France should win it but have a tendancy to self combust following a great performance.

France should win it but have a tendancy to self combust following a great performance. [/b]

Well it took England 4 years to recover after their last big performance!!!!

Well it took England 4 years to recover after their last big performance!!!![/b]

That wasn't self combustion, more like the wet, sticky slap of a punctured haggis, slowly blubbering into a nasty puddle over four long years before re-forming in the bile soaked rage of English rugby's lower intestine.