• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

England v France

<div class='quotemain'>
They were ranked 2 in the world, and 2nd favourites. Talk about the one-eyed man being King in the land of the blind. Just come out with it and say you hate the English - then your remarks will be fully understood by all, as they already are by some.

[/b]

What is with you? If an Irish man gives an opinion that doesn't support your own view you call me racist!! It's my opinion that Australia are not a good team and it is also my opinion that England are not a good team, simple as!! no racist comments hidden there at all, :bana: </span>

I want rain, lots and lots of rain, I want a mudbath, does the stadium have a roof? I want Ashton to bring in Dean Richards to provide last minute coaching.

But most of all, I want Brian Moore to broadcast on an hourly basis to the French nation, I want a Brian Moore airship to hover above the stadium on the day to speak to all and sundry via megaphone. I want the Frogs to explode and implode in the 61st minute, Ibanez and Pelous can slug it out with each other all the way to the bench. Please. [/b]
:lol: Great post.

I'm really looking forward to this game.

Both teams coming off outstanding performances. Was it because they were written off and felt they had nothing to lose? This time both teams will expect to win!

In this England does have the slight underdog advantage in that they were more written off than France...

But how will both teams approach this. Last world cup we had the same match up and it was France that bolted. Laporte blamed the rain, but I think Greenwood was right in his retort that the rain just stopped England putting 40 points on them.

This time France have the the better lead in to the Cup, but took a massive jolt at the start from Argentina. But like Frankenstein, that jolt sparked them into a hideous, beastly, indomitable life. England have been as poor as they could be leading up to the tournament, were lucky to have scored as much as Jemini against SA, but then have grown in stature. Surviving both Samoa and Tonga without too many dead, the forwards were able to expose the hasty 'Changing Rooms' makeover of the Aussie pack, and prove the age old maxim, you can't win a rugby game without the ball...

But I doubt the French pack will crumble like the Ockers did. And their scavaging in the loose was as good against NZ and Macaw as England were against George Smith. I've always considered Moody too much of a hot head, but on Saturday he played the game of his life so far. Will it remain the game of his life? Chabal had a strong impact when he came on, making some important steals. Can he do it again? He does enjoy scoring against England.

Lets hope it's a great game, like the two we saw on Saturday. One question though: why don't England and France always play like that???

Really looking forward to this one. France`s superb quarter-final performance consisted of defending for 73% of the game. And a NZ team that was tactically as naive as the French were in the opening game against the Argies. The French played the smarter rugby and won. Plain and simple.

And lining up against them will be..... an England team who are suddenly "discovering the spirit of 03". A brilliant performance in demolishing a ****-poor Aussie light 5 who disappeared faster than Houdini on methamphetamines the minute there was some heat at the scrums or the breakdowns.

So expect some fascinating aerial ping-pong, awesome defense on both sides, and..... France to clinch it on penalties, 18-9.

Nothing more exciting than a good old crunch day against our best enemy !

“Englishs win everytime but sometimes, we beat themâ€

“For the ones, this war is a game, for the others, this game is a warâ€
JP Rives

I hope we’ll have a nice entertainment
Good luck for both team but especially for us!
Allez les bleus :)

I have so much respect right now for what the English have managed to do against the Aussies, in spite of all the criticisms they had endured. I feel like our two nations are brothers in arms in the terrible war against the SH ogre. It's a pitty we have to shoot each other before the final, but hey that's life.
So at least, my english friends, if you are to stab us in the back at the threshold of OUR FINAL, please win the final and keep the cup warm at home.

I have so much respect right now for what the English have managed to do against the Aussies, in spite of all the criticisms they had endured. I feel like our two nations are brothers in arms in the terrible war against the SH ogre. It's a pitty we have to shoot each other before the final, but hey that's life.
So at least, my english friends, if you are to stab us in the back at the threshold of OUR FINAL, please win the final and keep the cup warm at home.
[/b]

Will do. <strike>Do you want us to keep the battery running as well?</strike>

Close match I guess, I think that France will stand victory at the end, but they have to play the same way they did against de men in black.
And never think that England is finish until the ref blows, they huge history prove it.

[/b]
Wait....we're the bad guys? Aren't you the ones poaching our players?

[/b]

Retard.

<div class='quotemain'>
[/b]

Retard. [/b][/quote]
The elgringo dude comes across as a bit deluded

<div class='quotemain'> I predict this game to be like a tennis match Get ready for a kicking fiesta [/b]

Wins games of rugby, doesn't it? ;)
[/b][/quote]

Doe's it win games... Well lets see, i think thats debatable, Did it get your country anywhere over the past 3 years? :bleh!:

It's amazing how some NH people can turn a winning famine against the SH teams into a feast after such a brief stint of doing it.

I can imagine how much some people are going to have to bite their tongues about the ref when it goes against them in future. That will be so sweet, some SH members will get diabetes.

<div class='quotemain'>
<div class='quotemain'> I predict this game to be like a tennis match Get ready for a kicking fiesta [/b]

Wins games of rugby, doesn't it? ;)
[/b][/quote]

Doe's it win games... Well lets see, i think thats debatable, Did it get your country anywhere over the past 3 years? :bleh!: [/b][/quote]

No, because we haven't had a good kicking game. Ireland have over the past 4 years untill this WC, and they did better than ever.

I can't see this going any other way than a French win. England will not bully the French pack like they did against Austrailia. France held up in the scrums against New Zealand, the best scrum in the world, so I don't see any problems there.

The rest of the pack will be relitavely equall, with a possible advantage to France in the backrow.

English backs are still rubbish, granted they have improved slightly over the world cup, but they still can't score tries! An absolutely huge advantage with France in the backline.

Only place England have an upper hand is with the kicking of Wilkinson, even though he was off badly last week, almost cost England the game.

I'm hoping for and expecting a French win by 7+ points.

I can't see this going any other way than a French win. England will not bully the French pack like they did against Austrailia. France held up in the scrums against New Zealand, the best scrum in the world, so I don't see any problems there.

The rest of the pack will be relitavely equall, with a possible advantage to France in the backrow.

English backs are still rubbish, granted they have improved slightly over the world cup, but they still can't score tries! An absolutely huge advantage with France in the backline.

Only place England have an upper hand is with the kicking of Wilkinson, even though he was off badly last week, almost cost England the game.

I'm hoping for and expecting a French win by 7+ points. [/b]

England have got good backs, but like our scrum, they haven't clicked yet. Should our scrum do as it did against the aussies, and our backs suddenly find the form we know they are capable of, and it all clicks, you may well be in for yet another surprise.

Incidentally, England have a new scrum coach.

photo-3531.jpg

Actually, I think it may be O'R. What do you think?