• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

England v France

French win, for me; England has played a great game against Australia (but the Wallabies were a little clueless), but France is superior

i think that france will defeat England, but it's going to be a very difficult match for Frenchs. As i said in prediction topic for me it's
England 16 v France 19

This is bad news.

Paris weather for the 13th is forecast to be fog AM and sun PM. This clearly needs to be reversed. I want fog, lots of fog for the match, but not too much fog. I want swirling fog, so no kicking game. And I want some swirls of fog to envelope a set scrum at an opportune moment, this will allow the Paw of Shaw to appear - as if by magic - and haul the Froggie scrum half into an excellent trampling position. The ref, linesmen, spectators and television viewers will be surprised and astonished when 15 Garlic-eaters become 14 Garlic-eaters, with only the remnants of a tattered, trampled blue shirt bearing the legend "9" as an indication of what might have happened.

And all this with the rantings of Moore from above, now concealed by the fog.

If the ref allows Sheridan to do his very best, the Froggies will be on the back foot. So, go Sheridan! I want destruction of the Frog front row, I want complete decimation of the opposing prop. I want to see Froggie tears of frustration.

And as for the English girls: don't throw it away.

It will be interesting what tactics the French team use in this game - will they use the same conservative tactics (kick for position, and then defend brilliantly) like they did very successfully against New Zealand, or will they adopt a slightly more expansive approach. The selection of the same team that beat New Zealand suggests that they will adopt a similar game plan to there previous game, however I believe they could do some real damage if they attack the English in midfield as England's midfield defense has been pretty flimsy the whole tournament. If you examine the tackling percentages of the English team it shows they miss a lot of tackles (Stats courtesy of foxsports.com.au):

Wilkinson 23 tackles / 33 tackles attempted (70%), Catt 13/22 (59%), Tait 15/23 (65%)
compared to Beauxis 14/18 (78%), Jauzion 23/28 (82%), Marty 22/26 (85%)

If Jauzion or Marty get a few chances to run at the English midfield I think they could cause them a lot of problems.

My pet corgie Johnnie's neck shall be snapped as I journey along the path of Rugby World Cup glory.

My pet corgie Johnnie's neck shall be snapped as I journey along the path of Rugby World Cup glory.
[/b]

You suck at Rugby and you look like a fool. Get a haircut and shave that ridiculous growth you clown and you might actually become a more respected Rugby player, although I doubt it because your just that bleeding bad!

<div class='quotemain'>
[/b]

You suck at Rugby and you look like a fool. Get a haircut and shave that ridiculous growth you clown and you might actually become a more respected Rugby player, although I doubt it because your just that bleeding bad!
[/b][/quote]
Woah woah woah, feel free to take it out on the forum imposter but not the man himself....

Call me unpatriotic but I am not nervous at all going into this game. My attitude is totally "Que Sera, Sera".

Weird, usually I am a bag of nerves.

<div class='quotemain'>

Woah woah woah, feel free to take it out on the forum imposter but not the man himself....
[/b]

the imposter posters postings are great!
[/b][/quote]
How dare you cast such a suggestion toward my being, Brodizzle. You have been guilty of such blasphemous behavior previously. This time around my disappointment is a colossus ready to wake. Watch yourself my insignificant minion.

Klarkash-ton. I strongly suggest against jumping on the bandwagon regarding the imposter allegations. I thank you for the comments on my posting though...My words are wise and should be followed.

Chabal, Jerry Collins is your Dad and you should thank his nutsack that he created you. Besides i like the imposter Chabal at least he speaks english and plays better rugby.

Chabal, Jerry Collins is your Dad and you should thank his nutsack that he created you. Besides i like the imposter Chabal at least he speaks english and plays better rugby.
[/b]
JERRY COLLINS IS MY *****.

Now back to normal speak. I am almighty. I shall speak whatever I want. I shall play however well I please.

France have an awful record against England in the World Cup - 1991, 2003, 2007. England know how to beat them.

France and New Zealand are good teams, but bottle it at the World Cup.

Come on England

It will be interesting what tactics the French team use in this game - will they use the same conservative tactics (kick for position, and then defend brilliantly) like they did very successfully against New Zealand, or will they adopt a slightly more expansive approach. The selection of the same team that beat New Zealand suggests that they will adopt a similar game plan to there previous game, however I believe they could do some real damage if they attack the English in midfield as England's midfield defense has been pretty flimsy the whole tournament. If you examine the tackling percentages of the English team it shows they miss a lot of tackles (Stats courtesy of foxsports.com.au):

Wilkinson 23 tackles / 33 tackles attempted (70%), Catt 13/22 (59%), Tait 15/23 (65%)

If Jauzion or Marty get a few chances to run at the English midfield I think they could cause them a lot of problems.

[/b]

In the two warm up games, France won at the break down and through their backrow. I can't remember if Beauxis got a run out. Not oh-la-la stuff, but still entertaining.

Surprised at Jonny's low tackle success rate - but against Aus he hit one guy like the Jerry Collins express train.

France have a better squad, and their replacements are monumental. I think they'll just apply pressure all over the field until England crack, although they may be outplayed at set piece.

England can be dangerous on deep counterattack - they almost scored an outrageous try from their own 22 in the Twickenham warm up game, which was only kept out by an amazing tackle on Vickery. But on their own possession I can't see the backs getting through the French defence.

So, France should win. But England have a serious chance.

<div class='quotemain'> It will be interesting what tactics the French team use in this game - will they use the same conservative tactics (kick for position, and then defend brilliantly) like they did very successfully against New Zealand, or will they adopt a slightly more expansive approach. The selection of the same team that beat New Zealand suggests that they will adopt a similar game plan to there previous game, however I believe they could do some real damage if they attack the English in midfield as England's midfield defense has been pretty flimsy the whole tournament. If you examine the tackling percentages of the English team it shows they miss a lot of tackles (Stats courtesy of foxsports.com.au):

[/b]

In the two warm up games, France won at the break down and through their backrow. I can't remember if Beauxis got a run out. Not oh-la-la stuff, but still entertaining.

Surprised at Jonny's low tackle success rate - but against Aus he hit one guy like the Jerry Collins express train.

France have a better squad, and their replacements are monumental. I think they'll just apply pressure all over the field until England crack, although they may be outplayed at set piece.

England can be dangerous on deep counterattack - they almost scored an outrageous try from their own 22 in the Twickenham warm up game, which was only kept out by an amazing tackle on Vickery. But on their own possession I can't see the backs getting through the French defence.

So, France should win. But England have a serious chance.
[/b][/quote]
I saw Beauxis during the final of the u21 against SA. He is very calm and mature for a young player. Even if he didn't do a very good game against AB, we have to keep in mind that it was his first match at this level. I hope he will have a bigger influence on the game during his second big participation.
For the rest, i'm very anxious because we have lets a lot of "juice" on Cardiff.

England can be dangerous on deep counterattack - they almost scored an outrageous try from their own 22 in the Twickenham warm up game, which was only kept out by an amazing tackle on Vickery.[/b]

Well that and Worsley passed inside rather than to the unmarked man staring at a gaping open hole on the blindside.

We were all there at Twickenham, cheering and jumping around, thinking that we were going to score. Then we saw Worsley pass the wrong way...standing there, still smiling before someone said:

"Hey..was it just me or did he just pass inside rather than to the unmarked man on the outside"

And then everyone just facepalmed in sheer frustration.

It's amazing how some NH people can turn a winning famine against the SH teams into a feast after such a brief stint of doing it.

I can imagine how much some people are going to have to bite their tongues about the ref when it goes against them in future. That will be so sweet, some SH members will get diabetes.
[/b]

Lol, how many times have the All Blacks got away with murder over the past 4 years, forward passes, successful appeals to citings, the usual stealing Fijians, Samoans and Tongans, and stuff like Tana Umaga's tackle of O'Driscoll, Simon Shaw being red carded, Lewsey being stamped on, and generally the usual "wow, All Blacks were lucky there."

You ran out of luck, but at 13-0 up, maybe the ref wouldn't have had to make that decision to decide the match.
Plus I have still to see the pass from more than the TV angle, where a NZ hand does go behind the French passer's hand.

Anyways, enough about the minnows, this semi should be good, both teams are getting better, both have confidence, and both have wins against each other this year. Either team by less than 5 points.

England know how to beat Ausralia. They don't know how to beat France. Good luck England

<div align="center">ALLEZ LES BLEUS</div>

England know how to beat Ausralia. They don't know how to beat France. Good luck England

<div align="center">ALLEZ LES BLEUS
[/b][/quote]

*cough2007sixnationscough*