• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

England v France

Semi-Finals World Cup.

I think that the France will win. [/b]

After the weekend I genuinely don't care....both teams can hold their heads up no matter what.

Bon chance les blues et bon chance les blanc

They were ranked 2 in the world, and 2nd favourites. Talk about the one-eyed man being King in the land of the blind. Just come out with it and say you hate the English - then your remarks will be fully understood by all, as they already are by some.

[/b]

What is with you? If an Irish man gives an opinion that doesn't support your own view you call me racist!! It's my opinion that Australia are not a good team and it is also my opinion that England are not a good team, simple as!! no racist comments hidden there at all, jesus and they call Irish people sensitive.

<div class='quotemain'>
They were ranked 2 in the world, and 2nd favourites. Talk about the one-eyed man being King in the land of the blind. Just come out with it and say you hate the English - then your remarks will be fully understood by all, as they already are by some.

[/b]

What is with you? If an Irish man gives an opinion that doesn't support your own view you call me racist!! It's my opinion that Australia are not a good team and it is also my opinion that England are not a good team, simple as!! no racist comments hidden there at all, jesus and they call Irish people sensitive. [/b][/quote]

Fair enough. which teams do you rank as good? As I see it there are only 4 or 5 teams that could claim to be better than England and Australia.

Just to add to the above, I resent the fact that you go as low as to call me racist just because my opinion doesn't sit well with you. Perhaps it is you who are racist, I mean for you to judge my post purely because of my nationality is racist is it not?

Perhaps my use of the word good was wrong! I should have said great - In my opinion England and Australia are not up there with NZ, France, SA and Argentina.

Just to add to the above, I resent the fact that you go as low as to call me racist just because my opinion doesn't sit well with you. Perhaps it is you who are racist, I mean for you to judge my post purely because of my nationality is racist is it not?[/b]

The only time I've seen the word "racist" appear in this thread was when you brought it up. I said you were "Talking ********" about the strength of the French pack. Triniquint happened to agree with me.

Maybe you have some deep rooted issues that don't need to bringing up on this board.

Just to add to the above, I resent the fact that you go as low as to call me racist just because my opinion doesn't sit well with you. Perhaps it is you who are racist, I mean for you to judge my post purely because of my nationality is racist is it not?

Perhaps my use of the word good was wrong! I should have said great - In my opinion England and Australia are not up there with NZ, France, SA and Argentina.

[/b]

I never judged your post on the basis of your nationality. I judged it on the comments you made regarding England. You clearly appear to dislike them, and their rugby.

All the pundits prior to this world cup be it in the newspapers, internet, TV, radio, magazines - whatever - had Australia and NZ as the form teams for this RWC. The idea was that SH rugby was superior in its running backs oriented 'champagne' or 'diet' rugby. But Union rugby has scrums. This is part of the Union game and what differentiates it from other similar ball games. This is what gives tactical use of the different aspects of the game which, incidentally, the Australians are desperate to change with new rules i.e. if we can't beat them in the scrums, we'll legislate them away.

Given this, and England's **** poor performances over the last 4 years, it was expected they would roll over and die. But they never. Whether you liked the style or not, they rose from the grave of their past performances and gave a very worthy performance, one of bite, power and resolution. Yet in some areas it has been rubbished as irrelevent because now, all of a sudden, Australia were actually poor, if the truth be known, and so this win of England's was nothing much to write home about, etc.

Well, I don't buy into that so much.

For your information, in the tri-nations in June/July, Australia beat NZ 20-15 on June 30th this year, and SAfrica 25-17 on July 7. They came 2nd to NZ in the table.

All these stats, and more, flew ahead of the meeting with a poor England. A laughably poor England, and Australia were meant only to turn up, as the ABs were.

But they got beat. And it irks me to see this effort rubbished purely purely because they are England.

That's the impression I got from your posts, and if I was wrong, I apologise. I actually think France won because NZ choked. I thought France did wonderfully well, and was delighted at their jubilation. I think England's forwards were far more ferocious than France's. However, this will be resolved next week. I believe that if England win again, this will lend them LESS merit than more, as they'll once again be accused of ugly rugby etc. And if they lose, then everybody will say they saw it coming, and it is a good thing for clean rugby etc - so win or lose, they can't win. And that's what I rail against.

:bana: allez les bleus!!!!!!! we are the champions!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! yeahhhhhhhhhhhhhhh

fred michalak the best player of the world!!!

allez les bleus

<div class='quotemain'> Just to add to the above, I resent the fact that you go as low as to call me racist just because my opinion doesn't sit well with you. Perhaps it is you who are racist, I mean for you to judge my post purely because of my nationality is racist is it not?[/b]

The only time I've seen the word "racist" appear in this thread was when you brought it up. I said you were "Talking ********" about the strength of the French pack. Triniquint happened to agree with me.

Maybe you have some deep rooted issues that don't need to bringing up on this board.
[/b][/quote]

"Just come out with it and say you hate the English"

Did you not say this? I'm sorry but my understanding of the above statement was that you were calling me a racist! just because you did not say the word doesn't mean you were not implying it.

Anyway frankly I know I do not hate the English, far from it! but you can believe what you want to. I came here to talk rugby and give an opinion but clearly because I said I didn't rate this England side (and frankly their results since they won the WC backs this up) I am singled out as having an ulterior motive. As for me not rating Australia well they struggled to beat S Africa B team in the tri nations so that's why I never went along with the hype surrounding them.

Here's how England did it: They painted a West Country combine harvester all white, slipped it past the officials on to the pitch, then slowly drove it toward some innocent bystanders dressed in green and gold, with Nick Easter at the wheel screaming, "FROM THE HEART OF MY BOTTOM!" Result? Blood and bones all over the turf.

Don't forget, England didn't destroy Aus - Mortlock and co had plenty of attacks. England just defended well against a great backline.

France have a better squad, but will they be tired after their 1,000,000th tackle against the ABs? And who will be outhalf? Going in to the competition it was clearly Skrela, with Mignoni inside. Now it could even be Traille!

And one word for England fans: Wuuuuursley. Be afraid.

I'm really looking forward to this game, the two ***ans of NH rugby clashing with everything on the line.

France I can't help but root for, they are the host nation and the French people are massively behind the national side, a victory followed by the nation's first ever world cup win would be very sweet indeed and I think something that most rugby fans would enjoy seeing.

On the other hand, what a comeback to world rugby by England, after some dismal performances in the group stages and having been written off for years as past their prime they are finally stepping up again and making a real go of it. Even as a Scotsman, I wouldn't be averse to seeing the Auld Enemy be the first nation to sucessfully defend the Webb Ellis Cup.

I'll be cheering on France, and I think they will clinch it by a scant margin, probabily less than five points. Whoever wins, I'll be supporting in the final - even if it is England.

I want rain, lots and lots of rain, I want a mudbath, does the stadium have a roof? I want Ashton to bring in Dean Richards to provide last minute coaching.

But most of all, I want Brian Moore to broadcast on an hourly basis to the French nation, I want a Brian Moore airship to hover above the stadium on the day to speak to all and sundry via megaphone. I want the Frogs to explode and implode in the 61st minute, Ibanez and Pelous can slug it out with each other all the way to the bench. Please.

I want rain, lots and lots of rain, I want a mudbath, does the stadium have a roof? I want Ashton to bring in Dean Richards to provide last minute coaching.

But most of all, I want Brian Moore to broadcast on an hourly basis to the French nation, I want a Brian Moore airship to hover above the stadium on the day to speak to all and sundry via megaphone. I want the Frogs to explode and implode in the 61st minute, Ibanez and Pelous can slug it out with each other all the way to the bench. Please.
[/b]

This, please.

I predict this game to be like a tennis match Get ready for a kicking fiesta

For your information, in the tri-nations in June/July, Australia beat NZ 20-15 on June 30th this year, and SAfrica 25-17 on July 7. They came 2nd to NZ in the table.
[/b]
This tri nations is nothing to go on, the Boks sent second string teams to Australia, basically devaluing the competition. I think the results you need to pay attention to is Australia barely beating a second string SA side (who nearly got knocked off by Tonga) and almost losing against a second string Welsh team, how is that possibly the 2nd best team in the world for those results? Don't take much out of the Melbourne game v the AB's, a few weeks after in Auckland we were dominated...

<div class='quotemain'>Well it took England 4 years to recover after their last big performance!!!![/b]

That wasn't self combustion, more like the wet, sticky slap of a punctured haggis, slowly blubbering into a nasty puddle over four long years before re-forming in the bile soaked rage of English rugby's lower intestine. [/b][/quote]

What happens when it leaves the lower intestine? Will it mean that England become a steaming pile of poo, or that they poo on everyone else?

And Shtove: i agree England didn't destroy Australia. Just the 8 players at the front.

How can you compare England and France? England clearly didn't exactly dominate and take the chances they had. France on the other hand actually pushed NZ to the limits and produced something out of it.

How can you compare England and France? England clearly didn't exactly dominate and take the chances they had. France on the other hand actually pushed NZ to the limits and produced something out of it. [/b]

England had lots of chances and took very few. France had few chances and took most of them. but remember this is knock-out rugby chaps. Anything can and will happen. Heres looking forward to the drama. :bravo:

<div class='quotemain'>
<div class='quotemain'> Just to add to the above, I resent the fact that you go as low as to call me racist just because my opinion doesn't sit well with you. Perhaps it is you who are racist, I mean for you to judge my post purely because of my nationality is racist is it not?[/b]

[/b][/quote]

"Just come out with it and say you hate the English"

Did you not say this? I'm sorry but my understanding of the above statement was that you were calling me a racist! just because you did not say the word doesn't mean you were not implying it.

Anyway frankly I know I do not hate the English, far from it! but you can believe what you want to. I came here to talk rugby and give an opinion but clearly because I said I didn't rate this England side (and frankly their results since they won the WC backs this up) I am singled out as having an ulterior motive. As for me not rating Australia well they struggled to beat S Africa B team in the tri nations so that's why I never went along with the hype surrounding them. [/b][/quote]

That's about enough now, thanks. I apologised earlier for any misunderstandings. If it's an act of contrition your after, forget it. I'd have applauded Wales, Ireland or Sotland going through, regardless of how they may have done it, but my feelings for England are as strong as anybody else for their own chosen home teams.

You did indeed talk rugby, which was your stated intention above. But we are never going to agree because you believe one thing, and I the other. I also agree with you that England have indeed been appallingly poor since they managed to win the 2003 RWC. The point I am making is that suddenly they have come to life and done what wasn't expected of them. This was more because they took the game to Australia, rather than Australia capitulating. And Australia's 'crapness' was not as readily remarked upon prior to the game, but is now used as the reason they lost. And even if they were as crap as you intimate, it is relative compared to England, who were even crapper, so to speak. So whichever way you cut it, or like it, England did ok. But, as you say, that's an opinion.

I'm looking forward to a good game next weekend for two teams who have done the unexpected. I still believe England's pack to be stronger than the French but, like we've seen, this means nothing. It is all down to the day.