• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

England v Wales

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (RC @ Feb 8 2010, 06:32 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div>
Dull, you're often right about a lot of things in regards to welsh rugby, but here...here you are very wrong.
Tom James isn't just "raw" - he's not an international.
He offered himself in midfield a couple of times, but didn't take the ball on any effective angles;
He messed up "that opportunity";
He still thinks like he's a sprinter. You can't just pick up the ball and run straight...you're not forrest gump. He had a good opportunity, one on one with someone and he just tried running into him. I don't care if jonathan davies says coz he's left footed on the right wing...you've got to either step inside or try chipping over. Anythings' better than running straight into the tackler. You've got to be a pretty unique player to run over your defender (See lomu).
He deserves all the criticism he gets.
He's not clinical, he can't execute. He doesn't have a rugby brain.
Maybe a stint in the 7s squad could help him.[/b]

He's basically Matt Banahan with a scrumhat.

Just in case you guys didn't know, England won that last game.

Just so we're clear. We won that. As in scored more points and tries and won and stuff. :D

Also you'd be insane to break up Hook & Roberts. They were absolutely awesome and were always active, always thinking of new ideas and always trying to get those tries.

Seriously, international sides are scared of players like Roberts and Hook but they find players like Oooollld man Shanklin and chav-boy Henson a laughing stock.

Roberts & Hook for the win! :D

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (RC @ Feb 8 2010, 06:32 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div>
Dull, you're often right about a lot of things in regards to welsh rugby, but here...here you are very wrong.
Tom James isn't just "raw" - he's not an international.
He offered himself in midfield a couple of times, but didn't take the ball on any effective angles;
He messed up "that opportunity";
He still thinks like he's a sprinter. You can't just pick up the ball and run straight...you're not forrest gump. He had a good opportunity, one on one with someone and he just tried running into him. I don't care if jonathan davies says coz he's left footed on the right wing...you've got to either step inside or try chipping over. Anythings' better than running straight into the tackler. You've got to be a pretty unique player to run over your defender (See lomu).
He deserves all the criticism he gets.
He's not clinical, he can't execute. He doesn't have a rugby brain.
Maybe a stint in the 7s squad could help him.[/b]

Agreed, James was poor along with Cooper and Chateris. Powell is getting there but I reckon Delve at 6 for Wales would be a better option.

Gareth Williams is a better hooker than Bennett, if Rees is fit then he should start ahead. Although Williams throwing was poor, the amount of times England line out jumpers were in front of the Welsh ones were almost every time. There were a few wayward throws but Williams was good in the loose and defence.

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Prestwick @ Feb 8 2010, 07:10 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div>
Just in case you guys didn't know, England won that last game.

Just so we're clear. We won that. As in scored more points and tries and won and stuff. :D

Also you'd be insane to break up Hook & Roberts. They were absolutely awesome and were always active, always thinking of new ideas and always trying to get those tries.

Seriously, international sides are scared of players like Roberts and Hook but they find players like Oooollld man Shanklin and chav-boy Henson a laughing stock.

Roberts & Hook for the win! :D[/b]

I totally agree. I know I'm gonna hear some words from Welsh supporters but I've never seen what the big deal is with Henson... I think he's been exposed too many times by the opposition to be considered a great player. BOD owning him in last year's six nations springs to mind. He's certainly not the answer to Wales' problems. I would rate Hook and Roberts much higher than him. And this whole thing of Wales winning all but 1 of their matches with Henson starting is pure rubbish. It's coincidental. By that mentality Parisse musy be sh*t cause how many matches have Italy lost with him starting?

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (King D'arcy @ Feb 10 2010, 11:03 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div>
And this whole thing of Wales winning all but 1 of their matches with Henson starting is pure rubbish. It's coincidental. By that mentality Parisse musy be sh*t cause how many matches have Italy lost with him starting?[/b]

I think they like concentrating on that statistic because, if you look at how often we win in comparison to how often we lose you'll see that our losses are of a higher number than our wins. Yet, you can see that no other player in Wales in the professional era has had the same kind of stats that Henson's got.
Not sure how many starts he's had, something like 11 maybe, but there's no one in this country that can boast those stats.
Rate him or not, that's quite a coincidence that we should win all but one of the matches that he starts in.