• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

England vs New Zealand

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (dullonien @ Nov 21 2009, 04:47 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div>
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Olyy @ Nov 21 2009, 03:47 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
6 - 16

F*£"%*£$^"*"£% - wilkinson misses a drop goal and chucks away all our hardwork getting to within metres of the try line[/b]

So England were behind by 10 points and Wilkinson goes for a drop goal? I know alot of people love Wilkinson's dropped goals, but I for one think he usually wastes good ball available to attack with! Anyone else think he attampts too many without at least first trying to score a try? I know he get's the majority of them, but 7 points is better than 3.
[/b][/quote]

People are now wakening up to the fact that I have been on about for years. Wilkinson is the most over rated rugby player I have ever seen (in either code)

The "kicking donkey" he's slower than a tax rebate.
How many tries has he actually scored at club or International level. Great goalkicker yes, but a distinctly average Rugby player.

This Jockey has the record: being the all times ABs scorer

Does he look like all time AB? :lol:

dan-carter.jpg

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Teh Mite @ Nov 22 2009, 02:22 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div>
Ahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahaha!

_46777956_84827039.jpg

Hi, I'm Lawrence Dallaglio and I've not been in the media or a while...[/b]

Ha, brilliant. England lose to Australia....Ireland Draw and Scotland Win so England should be favourites.

He certainly is a great one.

Great Player does not equal Great Coach

Great Player does not equal Great Corrospondant

If you cut out all the crap about winning the 6N/becoming the greatest team in the world, he's pretty much the nail on the head saying we need to rethink the coaching staff to get any better

Speaking of Lawrence Dallaglio. Shopping the other day in Tesco's I noticed some pasta sauce with Dallaglio's name on it. Yes he's now got his own line of food products............ sigh.

dallaglio%20by%20sacla.jpg

Image courtesy of thegrocer.co.uk

Just saw the game today, as I knew the result I wasn't that interested. NZ played some good rugby, congrats to Carter for breaking the record. I think scoring a 1000 points is the next achievement. England was very close to scoring their try in the second hald, but the AB defence was soo tight.

Nice game.

England stats:

http://www.scrum.com/newzealandtour/rugby/match/95333.html

Some quite interesting ones to pick out for you:

Top 3 ball carriers - Haskell (13), Cueto (6), Shaw (5)
most carries for New Zealand - Sivavatu (13)

No. of passes by centres - Erinle (1), Hipkiss (0) - you have got to be joking me
Nonu (9), Smith (5)

Top 5 no. of metres - Haskell (40), Hipkiss (37), Croft (30), Cueto (30) Thompson (25) - our back-row carried 70 metres, while our whole backline carried 95
Sivavatu (87), Muliaina (82), Guildford (48),

combined metres of locks - 6 (Shaw (6) Borthwick (0))
13 - Thorn (12) Donnely (1)

Top 3 tacklers - Croft (13), Haskell (10), Borthwick (7)
Carter, McCaw (11)

Those stats tend to back up what i've thought since johnson took over

england are TRYING to play rugby in the same manner as south africa the difference being that south africa have better players in the key positions to play yhis way

scrum half
second row
full back

but only one pass from tour centres is asking for trouble

Erinle and Hipkiss was never that good as a combination at leicester. too similar really. i know we did well at the end of last season, with those two together but the penetration of our backs was less once we lost a proper inside centre. that's what england need.

Latest posts