• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

England will kick and kick and kick, says Johnson (aka dick)

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Olyy @ Feb 20 2010, 12:51 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div>
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (munstermuffin @ Feb 20 2010, 12:38 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
if England beat France in Paris :eek: Bullitt i'll buy you a season ticket for both Thomond Park and Franklin Gardens :lol: :lol: :lol:[/b]
Just quoting this so that we have proof :p

I'm not saying England are deffinately going to beat them, but France have a habbit of horribly underperforming against us, so we have every chance of pulling out of the bag
[/b][/quote]
No chance in Paris :p

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (munstermuffin @ Feb 20 2010, 12:53 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div>
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Olyy @ Feb 20 2010, 12:51 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (munstermuffin @ Feb 20 2010, 12:38 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
if England beat France in Paris :eek: Bullitt i'll buy you a season ticket for both Thomond Park and Franklin Gardens :lol: :lol: :lol:[/b]
Just quoting this so that we have proof :p

I'm not saying England are deffinately going to beat them, but France have a habbit of horribly underperforming against us, so we have every chance of pulling out of the bag
[/b][/quote]
No chance in Paris :p
[/b][/quote]

thats what they said the last two times in Paris...

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE </div>
On a sidenote, is that quote in your new siggy taken from the Martin Johnson attack play book Mite?[/b]

No, but by the looks of it below, Cullen and POC have just seen Martin Johnson's attack play book.

_47244241_399332.jpg

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (munstermuffin @ Feb 20 2010, 12:38 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div>
If England beat Ireland I wont be MAJORLY surprised but if England beat France in Paris :eek: Bullitt i'll buy you a season ticket for both Thomond Park and Franklin Gardens :lol: :lol: :lol:[/b]

RIGHT!!! COME ON ENGLAND FOR THAT GRAND SLAM!!!!! :D:D :D

I really think England can win the grand slam. The last game versus France in Paris should be ours, but as someone said before thats what everybody said the last two times in Paris.

Lets not forget in between England have a very difficult game at Murrayfield vs Scotland. After Ireland at home. That's 3 extremely difficult games.

And I don't doubt England are on the way back up just think this 6Nations is year to early for Slam.
But I will say if Livermont fails to get a Grand Slam this year France will see it as a failure.

Johnson should remember that England best game since years was last year against France, when they actually tried to play some rugby. And yet Harry Ellis was there. (!)

The pack is poor (for an english standard at least) but there are some talents in the backs, playing it boring is the worst thing to do imo.

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (munstermuffin @ Feb 20 2010, 12:33 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div>
Lets not forget in between England have a very difficult game at Murrayfield vs Scotland. After Ireland at home. That's 3 extremely difficult games.

And I don't doubt England are on the way back up just think this 6Nations is year to early for Slam.
But I will say if Livermont fails to get a Grand Slam this year France will see it as a failure.[/b]

I doubt England are on the way up, last week's performance just adding to the case. They have good players coming through the ranks yet continue to pick players who are uncreative and lack cutting edge but will do what they are told. They need to have a major lookat how they want to play the game and who they want in charge of it. Undoubtedly the potential is there but I've seen no indication that they're any better off than they were before sacking Brian Ashton.

Ireland will beat England.
France will **** their way to a grand slam/championship.
Scotland, Wales and Italy will fight it out for last place as usual.

England could beat Ireland if they played at their best and hoped Ireland plays the same way they did against the French... but at this stage i cant see England manage to beat a team with sexyton and redden on the pitch, should be a cracker! cant wait!!

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (EoinZero @ Feb 21 2010, 02:32 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div>

England could beat Ireland if they played at their best and hoped Ireland plays the same way they did against the French... but at this stage i cant see England manage to beat a team with sexyton and redden on the pitch, should be a cracker! cant wait!![/b]
England have a realistic chance.
And Reddan will only get a few mins at most as Kidney won't even think of dropping TOL for Reddan who wasn't brilliant vs Scarletts.
Sexton must play as he has the attacking game we need and if needed bring ROG on to close game out.

Italy will be wooden spoon team unless they beat Scotland which will be interesting.

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (EoinZero @ Feb 21 2010, 02:32 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div>

England could beat Ireland if they played at their best and hoped Ireland plays the same way they did against the French... but at this stage i cant see England manage to beat a team with sexyton and redden on the pitch, should be a cracker! cant wait!![/b]

Fight for wooden spoon as usual? I'd like to see your definition of usual. :p (Ignoring the past 3/4 seasons I'm guessing)

Any sane betting man will put 9 of his 10 pounds(or euro's <_< ) on france getting the grand slam, with flannery,kearney and donnacha(or w/e his name is:p)Ireland are missing some much needed class, so england will almost certainly win at twickers. then it will come down to france, in my eyes england have a tiny chance if they play flood at 10 as a playmaker, and get flutey and tait some quick ball it could be interesting =]

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (ZZharryZZ @ Feb 21 2010, 09:47 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div>
Any sane betting man will put 9 of his 10 pounds(or euro's <_< ) on france getting the grand slam, with flannery,kearney and donnacha(or w/e his name is:p)Ireland are missing some much needed class, so england will almost certainly win at twickers. then it will come down to france, in my eyes england have a tiny chance if they play flood at 10 as a playmaker, and get flutey and tait some quick ball it could be interesting =][/b]

Almost certainly? Big statement there mate, sure we're missing a few boys but if you've watched any rugby over the last year or so you'd know full well Rory Best and Leo Cullen are well capable of stepping into the breach. I'd only be worried about the fullback position but with Geordan Murphy coming back and Keith Earls in relatively good form we should be ok. As for a lack of class I'd say Ireland have far more than the current England 22, especially if Sexton starts as one would expect after Rog's no show against France.

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (ZZharryZZ @ Feb 21 2010, 09:47 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div>
Any sane betting man will put 9 of his 10 pounds(or euro's <_< ) on france getting the grand slam, with flannery,kearney and donnacha(or w/e his name is:p)Ireland are missing some much needed class, so england will almost certainly win at twickers. then it will come down to france, in my eyes england have a tiny chance if they play flood at 10 as a playmaker, and get flutey and tait some quick ball it could be interesting =][/b]
Ireland may be missing them but well way I see it -
-DOC is out but Cullen having a great 6Nations and possibly would've kept place
-Flannery is suspended but Best is International quality and while darts aren't as good we'll have to world-class jumpers to minimise damage
-Kearney is injured but off form and I happy that if Earls/G.Murphy come in they can be excellent in their own way.

And Ireland now feel like they have a chip on the shoulder and must prove a point.

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (feicarsinn @ Feb 21 2010, 09:55 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div>
Almost certainly? Big statement there mate, sure we're missing a few boys but if you've watched any rugby over the last year or so you'd know full well Rory Best and Leo Cullen are well capable of stepping into the breach. I'd only be worried about the fullback position but with Geordan Murphy coming back and Keith Earls in relatively good form we should be ok. As for a lack of class I'd say Ireland have far more than the current England 22, especially if Sexton starts as one would expect after Rog's no show against France.[/b]

Things Ireland have to worry about:

* Cian Healy can't scrummage.
* Tomas O' Leary is **** and also the ugliest man in the 6N.
* If they pick O'Gara, Earls and Murphy in the same backline, there's 3 players who cannot tackle.

Things England have to worry about:

* our scrum isn't going to do anything either
* we will kick it to Ireland a lot, and while they can't tackle, Murphy and Earls are excellent broken field runners.
* Shane Horgan might play. He's good. And he always plays well against us.

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (gingergenius @ Feb 21 2010, 11:49 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div>
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (feicarsinn @ Feb 21 2010, 09:55 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Almost certainly? Big statement there mate, sure we're missing a few boys but if you've watched any rugby over the last year or so you'd know full well Rory Best and Leo Cullen are well capable of stepping into the breach. I'd only be worried about the fullback position but with Geordan Murphy coming back and Keith Earls in relatively good form we should be ok. As for a lack of class I'd say Ireland have far more than the current England 22, especially if Sexton starts as one would expect after Rog's no show against France.[/b]

Things Ireland have to worry about:

* Cian Healy can't scrummage.
* Tomas O' Leary is **** and also the ugliest man in the 6N.
* If they pick O'Gara, Earls and Murphy in the same backline, there's 3 players who cannot tackle.

Things England have to worry about:

* our scrum isn't going to do anything either
* we will kick it to Ireland a lot, and while they can't tackle, Murphy and Earls are excellent broken field runners.
* Shane Horgan might play. He's good. And he always plays well against us.
[/b][/quote]
Have a sneaky feeling Marcus Horan will be included.
Have no fears about Earls or Murphy's tackling as they can do the job. ROG well that is another story :D although I expect to see Sexton let loose.
And T.O'L is off form but still much better than any 9 England seem to be picking. And a great man in defense.

England will be tested a line-out time which could harm them as their set-pieces seem to be uncertain

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (munstermuffin @ Feb 22 2010, 01:20 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div>
And T.O'L is off form but still much better than any 9 England seem to be picking. And a great man in defense.[/b]
I wouldn't say that,
When Care was allowed to do what he wanted against Wales he had a cracking match, it was just when Johnson gave them a strict set of rules against Italy he wasn't quite upto it

Also, i think England will do alright lineout time. Borthwick, if nothing else, is quality in the lineout, and Easters got superglue hands. The only thing that i'd be slightly worried about is Hartleys throwing, but hopefully he's sorted that/if he hasn't that Care can actually catch the messy ball he was getting from our lineouts like against Italy

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (munstermuffin @ Feb 22 2010, 01:20 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div>
England will be tested a line-out time which could harm them as their set-pieces seem to be uncertain[/b]

There is nothing wrong with the lineout... Until Care drops the pass (instantly meaning Brian Moore will blame Hartley) or Wilkinson hoofs the resulting steal away. Ideally this would be a great game to make Lawes first start (being as he's already bettered POC twice against Munster).

Putting the ball through the backs is my worry. Luckily Ireland won't be looking to do anything of the sort either.

The England-Ireland game is one I could see going either way. However, no matter the result I don't see it being a very entertaining game.

I can see Scotland beating England at Murrayfield (assuming that Scotland don't loose any more key players through injury). And I can easily see France running all over england in Paris.

Not that I'd put any money on it, england could very well loose their next three 6 Nations games.... Surely if that were to happen that would see the end of MJ? :huh:

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Bullitt @ Feb 22 2010, 09:16 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div>
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (munstermuffin @ Feb 22 2010, 01:20 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
England will be tested a line-out time which could harm them as their set-pieces seem to be uncertain[/b]

There is nothing wrong with the lineout... Until Care drops the pass (instantly meaning Brian Moore will blame Hartley) or Wilkinson hoofs the resulting steal away. Ideally this would be a great game to make Lawes first start (being as he's already bettered POC twice against Munster).

Putting the ball through the backs is my worry. Luckily Ireland won't be looking to do anything of the sort either.
[/b][/quote]
Lawes was better than Paulie in R1 of H'Cup but annonymous in Thomond Park at 6.

As for Care ye all say he is good when let loose but Johnson wont let him loose so ....
And Hartley has been por for England so far and I wouldn't be surprised if he was benched after Italy game.

As for line-out I didn't say England jumpers were bad just we have 2excellent jumpers in Paulie and Cullen that can attack the English throw.
Olyy I know Flutey (Soon Mr.Munster :p ) can be dangerous and Tait to can be a worry but the back 3 isn't the best.

Like i'd select Foden, Ashton and probably Ugo but only just as while he has excellent speed his hands and technical postioning is poor.

Latest posts