• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

England World Cup Squad

Isn't Ollie Lawrence at Worcester a 12? Also, what about Phil Cokanasiga in the London Irish youth team? Isn't he about 18 or 19 now? I'm pretty sure I saw him play at 12 and he looked good.

Also also, what do people want in their 12s for England's future? Are we thinking a Farrell-type playmaker or a Tuilagi-type crashball guy? Or is there somebody out there that can do both, like Manu Vunipola of Sarries maybe?

hopefully he'll do a Stephen Donald, but come off the bench and score a vital try/set up the crucial drop goal to win it.
To be honest I'd be surprised if he gets on the pitch, unless we've convincingly won it with 10 to go, which I doubt will happen.

To be honest I'd be surprised if he gets on the pitch, unless we've convincingly won it with 10 to go, which I doubt will happen.

Can you really see Youngs playing the full 80? Still Spencer better be flying first class or business class so he arrives fresh and ready to go. Donald had the advantage of being in the same country back in 2011.

Can you really see Youngs playing the full 80? Still Spencer better be flying first class or business class so he arrives fresh and ready to go. Donald had the advantage of being in the same country back in 2011.
Youngs more or less played the full 80 for the whole of the 6 Nations. I reckon he could manage it. Not that i think he should; I just doubt that EJ trusts Spencer.

Surprised EJ didn't have Ben Spencer on "holiday" already in the area, already acclimatised. Just read Grayson & Dawson saying 5 - 8 days to properly acclimatise, Ben Youngs gonna be a marked man...

Surprised EJ didn't have Ben Spencer on "holiday" already in the area, already acclimatised. Just read Grayson & Dawson saying 5 - 8 days to properly acclimatise, Ben Youngs gonna be a marked man...
He's contracted to play for Saracens, you can't just drag players out if they're not in the squad and the need for another 9 only arose yesterday.

Would agree that he'll only be there as injury cover, no way he's coming on with the game in the balance unless Youngs has a problem.

He's contracted to play for Saracens, you can't just drag players out if they're not in the squad and the need for another 9 only arose yesterday.
The need for a 9 was always a possibility given we only took 2, I'm not suggesting the full tournament but maybe from QF onwards, don't think Sarries would have minded, they'd have been compensated and the prem has just started..

You can call someone up to the EPS, you can't tell someone to go to Japan for a few weeks on the off chance he might be needed. Especially as you're not allowed to train with any none RWC squad players

Realistically he should have been there for McConnochie, but we are where we are

You can call someone up to the EPS, you can't tell someone to go to Japan for a few weeks on the off chance he might be needed. Especially as you're not allowed to train with any none RWC squad players

Realistically he should have been there for McConnochie, but we are where we are

For someone so meticulous as EJ this does seem like an incredible unbelievable naive mistake to make. Schoolboyish .

Are Big Joe or Nowell in the frame for a place in the starting 15 or is May going to shrug off that hamstring problem?

Are Big Joe or Nowell in the frame for a place in the starting 15 or is May going to shrug off that hamstring problem?
I think if fit Nowell will get the nod if may is out and prob Slade at 23. Dont think he trusts big joes defence although who knows.

But would a 3rd 10 be as important a 3rd tight head a 2nd out and out 15 a 6th back row.
He only select 31 for me Francis was the no need player given that Nowell was carrying issues.
But again I may have not picked 3 9s.

Did May come off the field more injured than when he went on? I can't remember the actual subbing

If he was in the same state as when he started then I imagine he'll start again - though I wouldn't be surprised to see Nowell over JJ on the bench. JJ doesn't seem particularly in EJs plans these days, and with May vaguely injured, and Watson only recently back from a near career-ending injury it makes way more sense to have a wing (who also covers 15 and 13) on the bench than a 13 who is on the bench covering in case we lose two backs (Slade to 15, and Slade to the centres will happen before JJ gets on the pitch)

Did May come off the field more injured than when he went on? I can't remember the actual subbing

If he was in the same state as when he started then I imagine he'll start again - though I wouldn't be surprised to see Nowell over JJ on the bench. JJ doesn't seem particularly in EJs plans these days, and with May vaguely injured, and Watson only recently back from a near career-ending injury it makes way more sense to have a wing (who also covers 15 and 13) on the bench than a 13 who is on the bench covering in case we lose two backs (Slade to 15, and Slade to the centres will happen before JJ gets on the pitch)
All i remember is slade came on i assumed for faz and then may went off instead so must have aggravated something. If we lose may i hope SA dont have Kolbe, or least forget to use him like the rest of the tournement.

If faz's dead leg turned out to be worse and he was out, is slade at 22 10 cover?

Latest posts