• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

English clubs back Euro boycott

We don't need the cash!

Our club is one of only several in the Premiership making a profit every season. And while Barwell may have lost the plot when it comes to rugby, he seems to have had his business head screwed on right for the last 20+ years.
[/b]

Oh yes but thats what they say but what about behind the scenes? Manager Grayson do any illeigal gambling with the mob that he needs to pay off? Carlos Spencer got a manicure and aromatherapy bill longer than the Humber Bridge? Steve Thompson's pie bill pretty huge?

It all falls into place, its pretty obvious why they want that Golden Goodbye so badly.

Prestwick stop talking rubbish, we are making a profit and I can't see why ANY club would deliberately get relegated, Grayson is not getting the team to perform but HE IS TRYING TO. It isn't working but he does actually want to stay in the Premiership and will do his best to keep us there.
KB is an idiot but isn't deliberately trying to be relegated.
This would be like me murdering my mum to try and get life insurance - although not as extreme.

The HC is an awesome competition and I think this whole row is a bit pathetic really, I wish they would just get on with it.

Prestwick stop talking rubbish, we are making a profit and I can't see why ANY club would deliberately get relegated, Grayson is not getting the team to perform but HE IS TRYING TO. It isn't working but he does actually want to stay in the Premiership and will do his best to keep us there.
KB is an idiot but isn't deliberately trying to be relegated.
This would be like me murdering my mum to try and get life insurance - although not as extreme.

The HC is an awesome competition and I think this whole row is a bit pathetic really, I wish they would just get on with it.
[/b]

I'm not suggesting that you arn't making a profit, but there has to be a reason (other than Northampton's financial status) for them to want huge relegation payments so badly :D

I mean, look at the evidence, Northampton have performed superbly in the HEC and in every other competition except the Guinness Premiership. This is clear evidence that Northampton are deliberately sabotaging their chances of staying in the Guinness Premiership!

Also, when one talks of gambling debts, Paul Grayson's cocaine addiction and Carlos Spencer racking up huge manicure bills, one must realise that one must be pulling ones leg. :lol:

Chill out my dear! B)

To the French...you can't just jump in and out of the HC like it's the bed of the local whore. You've commited to it, so you're now married to it...grow up.
To the English...Bandwagon anyone? Nothing like a bunch of profiteers. Sort out your mess of country and clubs.

These two countries are f___ing Rugby, and it's in no ones best interest, aside from some fat ******** pocketbook.

To the French...you can't just jump in and out of the HC like it's the bed of the local whore. You've commited to it, so you're now married to it...grow up.
To the English...Bandwagon anyone? Nothing like a bunch of profiteers. Sort out your mess of country and clubs.

These two countries are f___ing Rugby, and it's in no ones best interest, aside from some fat ******** pocketbook.
[/b]

217.gif

lol no its a scene from Fist of the North Star where the hero punches like Agent Smith's "machine gun punch" while yelling "YAH-TATATATATATATATATATATATATATA.." for like five minutes.

Interestingly , any guy he punches, their heads explode.

Thats a recurring theme in Japanese Anime, machine gun punching, guys can punch trucks off of themselves, punch through walls, etc all with machine gun punching.

[/b]

I understand that what needed to be renewed was the frame agreement of the ERC which ends in July this year. It's not a really a question of jumping in and out but rather to find a balanced new agreement that could apply for the next eight years. This agreement is not found at the moment and so let's wait and see.

These clubs are vital for the NH Rugby economy, after all they are the organizations which pay the wages of more than 3000 professional players.

The scots have now come out and said it could threaten the Professional Game in Scotland

lol no its a scene from Fist of the North Star where the hero punches like Agent Smith's "machine gun punch" while yelling "YAH-TATATATATATATATATATATATATATA.." for like five minutes.

Interestingly , any guy he punches, their heads explode.

Thats a recurring theme in Japanese Anime, machine gun punching, guys can punch trucks off of themselves, punch through walls, etc all with machine gun punching. [/b]
I thought that he was trying to swat a fly.

Prestwick, I know the manicure, cocaine and gambling things were just a joke. I can be blonde but I'm not THAT dumb. (although some may argue....) :p
I think I may have overeacted slightly, so sorry about that.
I just found it annoying that someone would suggest something like that! I mean I have put up with the frustration of this all season, knowing that the team CAN actually play well but DON'T is unbelievably frustrating so I got annoyed when you suggetsed that we were trying to get the pay-off from being relegated....
Anyway I wouldn't exactly say we have performed sup[erbly in every other competiton, ok if we had done really well in the Heineken AND the EDF then fine but the whole getting to the quarters of the HC was very lucky becuase of our weak group and we got nowhere in the EDF.......
Never mind anyway.

All i came on here to say is that the Heineken Cup really is a great competition and it's really sad to see this sort of crap going on.

Ah, pfft, you under estimate yourselves. Your guys worked very hard against insurmountable odds to get to the semi finals. And that ain't no sarcasm either, its the truth.

Hello people,

Can i just ask a quick question with regards to this. if we look at other sports that have an equivellent competition like the Chapions league in football. What would the reactions be if Man U, Chelsea, Liverpool and so on were to start pulling out of the competition? I think people who are starting this argument are to short sighted and arent looking at the bigger picture for the sport! We need to remember that rugby I still a young proffesional sport. It has one been proffessional for the last 17 years and the game has gone from something that is sport to a business and as with all business you have to weather a rough start to get results.

For example if i was the head of a major business and I was looking to sponsor the competition i wouldnt even dream of it with the type of publicity it is getting at the moment! This situation is not only damaging the HC but it is damaging the whole of rugby. It is making the people in charge of the sport look pathetic and the only people who will suffer are the people who pay the money for everything they battling for.

What we as the fans should do is strike and not attend ANY fixtures until they resolve the situation! :)

Hello people,

Can i just ask a quick question with regards to this. if we look at other sports that have an equivellent competition like the Chapions league in football. What would the reactions be if Man U, Chelsea, Liverpool and so on were to start pulling out of the competition? I think people who are starting this argument are to short sighted and arent looking at the bigger picture for the sport! We need to remember that rugby I still a young proffesional sport. It has one been proffessional for the last 17 years and the game has gone from something that is sport to a business and as with all business you have to weather a rough start to get results.

[/b]

It's slightly different though 'cause the G14 had most of the say in the format of the Champions League and UEFA cup. It's basically their competition.

I understand that what needed to be renewed was the frame agreement of the ERC which ends in July this year. It's not a really a question of jumping in and out but rather to find a balanced new agreement that could apply for the next eight years. This agreement is not found at the moment and so let's wait and see.

These clubs are vital for the NH Rugby economy, after all they are the organizations which pay the wages of more than 3000 professional players.
[/b]
Agree. July is the date, so stop panicking. As DB says, the next agreement is for 8 years - so parties will approach early negotiations with guns blazing and wait until the last minute to strike a deal. Then they'll go home failry content, while their shagging lawyers hit the town for a **** up.

It's unresolved so far, but it'll looking as though the Magners League may finally get to dominate the HEC being as the stubborn old ******** at the RFU aren't budging.

Listening to Rob Andrews comments regarding the England tour to South Africa being so close to the HEC final, I think it shows they don't even realise the club game exists now.

Latest posts