• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

EOYT: Scotland vs Tonga, 24/11/2012

Oh look, another thread turning into discussion about eligibility.

Oh look, another thread turning into discussion about eligibility.

Oh look, another post contributing nothing towards the thread. :eek:

Anyway, Gordom Reid hanging out with the Scotland squad as Grant's shoulder has a ****le.

I understand the issue with eligibility and how it has changed the international game.

But when you declare for Scotland and then get played for them, you have negated any chance of playing (Denton and Heathcote) for England or South Africa. Making that decision at the age of 20somthing is huge. It is making a long term commitment to one country, even if you become the next Dan Carter or Richie... you can never play for these other countries.

For that reason, I have no issue with these players putting on a Scotland jersey. They have already showed their interest in the future of International rugby for that country.

Just to let Piri Weepu, Ricky Januarie and Rupeni Caucaunibuca know. They now have some tough competition for the ***le of fattest scrum half or winger.

big+guy+little+guy.png
373982_362525493840808_998646418_n.jpg

Taniela Moa is surprisingly good for a tubby scrum half, but then he also has poor stamina, probably why he is only playing Pro D2.

big+guy+little+guy.png

And for a winger, Viliami Helu could be mistaken for a prop as well.

I forgot who the Tongan halfback was around 07 or 08, but he was a bit of a fatty too.

Fisilau is a big halfback too, but in contrast to Moa, he looks all muscle.

All the past meaning and value of being an international rugby player has just lost all worth and credibility.

Scotland Rugby Team Twitter:

"Change in team v Tonga. Ryan Grant out with calf injury. Kyle Traynor to start at 1 with Gordon Reid (Glasgow Warriors) on the bench."

All the past meaning and value of being an international rugby player has just lost all worth and credibility.

Scotland Rugby Team Twitter:

"Change in team v Tonga. Ryan Grant out with calf injury. Kyle Traynor to start at 1 with Gordon Reid (Glasgow Warriors) on the bench."

So the Scottish answer to Scott Andrews is starting, Tonga (who's scrum hasn't been overly impressive as perhaps expected this month) will be pleased at that.

Robinson should have brought back Chunk for one last match as an emergency.

I want to see this game!!!
can only read at the bbc texts, but it looks like a fun game to b wwatching. 2 tries for Tonga and the lead 15 to 18

Tonga doing there best to throw away this game in the dying minutes.

Edit.

WTF are Tonga doing!!!!!!

And Tonga win, but my god Tonga were losing their heads towards the end.

Last edited:
What was that!
Good for us with regards to rankings, but I just lost 1000 in the vBookie. Mostly recouped my losses, but still.

I'll have to wait to c the replay. Did Scotland apply some pressure at the end?
good for Tonga, this seems to b a great November for the southern hemisphere

No, from what I saw Tonga were blasting down the field in the lead, in extra time. Instead of just kicking it out, they try to go for the try. Scotland pick the ball off, but knock it on shortly afterwards.

Scotland applied a little pressure at the end, but Tonga almost lost it completely. With 2min left, Tonga get a penalty, but then, after the whistle a Tonga player randomly decides to pick up a Scottish players leg to send him flying back onto his neck = yellow card and Tonga down to 13 for a few mins.

Next, with time up and Scotland going for a scrum from a penalty, Tonga turn the ball over after it spills out the back, and Tonga attack. Instead of just kicking it out to win the game, the Tonga player tries an outrageous inside reverse pass that get's knocked on and gives Scotland another chance. Luckily for Tonga, Scotland knocked it on and couldn't take advantage of the changes Tonga handed them.

Tonga were just the hungrier team and more aggressive the played a physical upfront game.

Tim Visser will be glad that few people would have seen this match compared to the matches on the main BBC channels. He was made to look absolutely silly by buying a big dummy by Fetu'u Vainikolo.

Scotland, as a team, were that old toothless blunt attacking team we know so well. They had 60% possession and territory yet couldn't score.

By the way, Tonga's side do some dumb things.

Firstly Vainikolo had a free run in to score and didn't go under the posts, and they missed the conversion.

Secondly, Tonga were leading and Nili Latu did some crazy jump into a maul and got sin binned.

Thirdly, on 78 minutes, Tonga had a penalty at about 40 metres, and Steve Mafi then did an off the ball act similar to what Bradley Davies did against Ireland, got himself sin binned and the penalty reversed and Scotland got another chance to attack.

Fourthly, they kept on playing when all they needed to was kick the ball out, and then lost the ball. Fortunately for them Heathcote soon dropped the ball in Scotland's last chance.

Tim Visser will be glad that few people would have seen this match compared to the matches on the main BBC channels. He was made to look absolutely silly by buying a big dummy by Fetu'u Vainikolo.

Scotland, as a team, were that old toothless blunt attacking team we know so well. They had 60% possession and territory yet couldn't score.

By the way, Tonga's side do some dumb things.

Firstly Vainikolo had a free run in to score and didn't go under the posts, and they missed the conversion.

Secondly, Tonga were leading and Nili Latu did some crazy jump into a maul and got sin binned.

Thirdly, on 78 minutes, Tonga had a penalty at about 40 metres, and Steve Mafi then did an off the ball act similar to what Bradley Davies did against Ireland, got himself sin binned and the penalty reversed and Scotland got another chance to attack.

Fourthly, they kept on playing when all they needed to was kick the ball out, and then lost the ball. Fortunately for them Heathcote soon dropped the ball in Scotland's last chance.

Firstly, Great Win by Tonga

Secondly, Remember we're a tier two team so we will make mistake but that's just a part of our growth, with more games like this we will be able do play with the big boys.

Tonga will build on this Win, I'm really happy with the direction Mana 'Otai is taking the team and when the Pacific Nation Cups comes around next year Tonga Samoa and Fiji rugby will improve alot so watch out six nation we are slowly catching up, Last year France went down to Tonga, Last week Italy escape with a win (i still think the last try by italy was a knock on) wales lost to Samoa, today well you know the story and with Samoa vs France coming up.

Latest posts