• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

EPCR Challenge Cup 22/23

He's only 20 and is competing for a spot against Radwan and Carreras. His time will come.
Yeah I more meant pleased to see him on the bench as I haven't seen him featuring in match day squads when I've kept an eye out but I could be wrong. As you say wouldn't expect him to be ahead of those 2

Bath v Toulon postponed btw.
Pitch invasion by the River Avon

Well at least there's no stadium there that could be damaged by the water.

Very curious to see how returning Bristol players go this evening. Not won in Parma before so a dub would be an improvement and a change in form from league, which is nothing short of disastrous.

Only Bristol are the special kind of turd who makes bottom of URC, Zebre, look decent.
------
15. Henry Purdy (46 apps), 14. Toby Fricker (31 apps), 13. Semi Radradra (43 apps), 12. Ioan Lloyd (69 apps), 11. Siva Naulago (16 apps), 10. Callum Sheedy (146 apps), 9. Harry Randall (90 apps); 1. Ellis Genge (c) (30 apps), 2. Harry Thacker (89 apps), 3. Kyle Sinckler (39 apps), 4. Joe Joyce (160 apps), 5. Chris Vui (106 apps), 6. Magnus Bradbury (11 apps), 7. Jake Heenan (83 apps), 8. Fitz Harding (40 apps).

16. Fred Davies (2 apps), 17. Yann Thomas (100 apps), 18. Max Lahiff (56 apps), 19. Joe Batley (31 apps), 20. Dan Thomas (121 apps), 21. Andy Uren (147 apps), 22. James Williams (3 apps), 23. Jack Bates (31 apps).

Unavailable: Jay Tyack, Bryan Byrne, Will Capon, Ed Holmes, Joe Owen, Sam Jeffries, Steven Luatua, Sam Lewis, Will Porter, Tom Whiteley, AJ MacGinty, Sam Bedlow, Joe Jenkins, Piers O'Conor, Gabriel Ibitoye, Charles Piutau, Rich Lane, Noah Heward.
------

🤷‍♂️

Toulon just look more assured than us.
Our structured attack isn't causing them any problems, whilst there's is pushing us back (but still required an unstructured moment to actually break us).

It feels like we should be more than 7 points down, and given our second halves - we've a decent chance of pulling a result out here - especially if we can stop dropping the damned ball!

Glasgow 40 Perpignan 26
That's seven wins in a row. 👍 We Are Warriors!

1673809399587.png

Only Bristol are the special kind of turd who makes bottom of URC, Zebre, look decent.
------
15. Henry Purdy (46 apps), 14. Toby Fricker (31 apps), 13. Semi Radradra (43 apps), 12. Ioan Lloyd (69 apps), 11. Siva Naulago (16 apps), 10. Callum Sheedy (146 apps), 9. Harry Randall (90 apps); 1. Ellis Genge (c) (30 apps), 2. Harry Thacker (89 apps), 3. Kyle Sinckler (39 apps), 4. Joe Joyce (160 apps), 5. Chris Vui (106 apps), 6. Magnus Bradbury (11 apps), 7. Jake Heenan (83 apps), 8. Fitz Harding (40 apps).

16. Fred Davies (2 apps), 17. Yann Thomas (100 apps), 18. Max Lahiff (56 apps), 19. Joe Batley (31 apps), 20. Dan Thomas (121 apps), 21. Andy Uren (147 apps), 22. James Williams (3 apps), 23. Jack Bates (31 apps).

Unavailable: Jay Tyack, Bryan Byrne, Will Capon, Ed Holmes, Joe Owen, Sam Jeffries, Steven Luatua, Sam Lewis, Will Porter, Tom Whiteley, AJ MacGinty, Sam Bedlow, Joe Jenkins, Piers O'Conor, Gabriel Ibitoye, Charles Piutau, Rich Lane, Noah Heward.
------

🤷‍♂️
How did Lloyd play?

Just watched Connachts highlights. How did the commentator get the job when he can't pronounce the word Connacht correctly or most of the players. He'd pause for 10 seconds because he didn't know who'd scored a try and then butcher their name

How did Lloyd play?
Tough one, I would say he didn't get a chance to shine at 12. First half was appalling as a spectacle, very slow and disjointed but out of the team I can't recall Lloyd doing anything poorly from the top of my head so that's actually not a bad thing.

Purdy had something of a mare at 15 and during half time break got moved to wing, with Lloyd shifted to cover 15 and Williams coming on at 12 (Bates replaced Radradra shortly into the second half) - that coupled with a huge increase of pace from half backs improved us a lot. Given the sheer amount of positions Lloyd can play to a competent pro level he would seem a great/ultimate 23 type of sub for Wales in the short term but would need to see more at 12 before saying he's going to be a contender there. If you have someone who has experience of top club level at 9-15 (excluding 13 IIRC ) and looks comfortable doing it too I'd give him a call up to training squad at least. One other thing I will say is that Sheedy hasn't found form yet but none of our 10s have aside from one great game from AJ. Hopefully he'll get his mojo back very soon.

Bristol being docked 5 points and fined €10,000 for playing because Stooke is ineligible (albeit retroactively because of his early release clause)

Odd, arcane little rule to fall foul of - though I can see the point of the rule (no ringers), I also can't really blame an administrator for screwing up on it - or the authorities for enforcing it once they'd noticed.

Bristol being docked 5 points and fined €10,000 for playing because Stooke is ineligible (albeit retroactively because of his early release clause)
Fuming at all involved parties and sadly sums the club up at the moment.

Anyway, a more important point I have is why haven't Leicester been similarly punished after fielding Gabriel Oghre in at least one champions cup match after he joined on short term deal in November then has since joined Bordeaux Begles! Less than the three months in same way Bristol were punished for yet not a peep.

I agree it seems very harsh. I think a slap on the wrist fine would have been fair. There's zero chance there was any malice involved it's an obscure clerical mess up

Very bizarre rule - I mean I get the meaning behind it, but that's a harsh punishment for a club that did nothing wrong.

Surely barring him from playing for his new club in Europe (which he already is) should be enough of a punishment

Latest posts