• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

Euro 2020[1]

Feel for Saka there.

Gutting but still far closer than in my entire lifetime.

Deserved result. Feel for the English boys who missed and for you guys on the forum obviously. ******* outstanding entertainment though!!!

Good effort from Pickford.

But some shocking smart arse pens. Maguire showed the way, just put your bloody boot through it.

Congrats Italy and well played England.

******* hell on a whats app group that's already laying into the team....

Jeez, really feel for England :( (probably this forum has a bad influence on me :p ) Especially for their goalkeeper Pickford,what an amazing player
Anyway congrats for Italy and a very good result for England

Last edited:
Well England lose on penalties, there is a surprise.

******* hell Kane though, that man is so staggeringly lazy in defence! It's completely unacceptable.

Unlucky England supporters. On the whole this English squad is a likeable bunch with a great manager, so would have been happy to see them win.

Struggling a little to understand why Southgate sent in so many youngsters to take the pens. That's some serious pressure for a 19y/o!

Well played guys. Reality is the better team won. Congratulations Italy. England were too passive in defence after they scored and let Italy back into the game. Then simply Italy were better at penalties. Not going to criticise the lads that missed, I can't imagine the pressure.

**** off Shearer with your benefit of hindsight punditry. Basically slamming Southgate for bringing two late subs on to take pens.

Erh I feel he is right IMO.
Their only meaningful first touch was a penalty.

It was unneeded pressure on two young lads

Erh I feel he is right IMO.
Their only meaningful first touch was a penalty.

It was unneeded pressure on two young lads

This would all have been decided way in advance and so the players would have known and prepared for it. Alternative was to keep poorer penalty takers on the field.