• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

Euro vison 2006

I can't believe the Fins won it! :bravo:

Have you guys seen their music video from the link I gave earlier?

It's a good video, albeit a bit cheesy at times.

Originally posted by loratadine@May 21 2006, 12:29 PM
england entry was ****.... ha ha ha... how embarrassing

lordi were great.
* Switzerland
* Moldova
* Israel
* Latvia
* Norway
* Spain
* Malta
* Germany
* Denmark
* from Semi Final = Russia
* from Semi Final = FYR Macedonia
* Romania
* from Semi Final = Bosnia & Herzegovina
* from Semi Final = Lithuania
* United Kingdom
* Greece
* from Semi Final = Finland
* from Semi Final = Ukraine
* France
* Croatia
* from Semi Final = Ireland
* from Semi Final = Sweden
* from Semi Final = Turkey
* from Semi Final = Armenia[/b]

Could you point out Wales on that list? I'm sure they are on there somewhere, but I seem to have misplaced by glasses.

My favourite was the Dutch guy reading out their votes. How much had he been smoking?

And a country song from the Germans? It's almost as though they weren't taking it seriously. :rolleyes:

Originally posted by loratadine

England doesn't have an entry, the United Kingdom does. And seeing as we own you then Wales is part of the UK.

Romania were robbed.

BELGIUM SHOULDA WON!!!!

kate ryan!!!

damn she's hot!

i saw a beyonce look alike..crack up!

Originally posted by loratadine@May 21 2006, 01:29 AM

lordi were great.
It was a UK entry.

Which means you're equal in the comedy stakes.

f*** that, i disowned that little ***** soon as he came out on stage.

hes youre embarrassment, live with it.

Being as he was dressed as a Chav, he must be representing Wales.

Especially Cardiff.

I am ashamed to say that that 'guy/chav' came from my town. He even lives near Sale/Stockport County's ground.

I find it ironic in the course of proceedings we get no votes from the little eastern countries while we all subsidise their arse in th EU and let them come into the country.

Also it is crap. Britain may have got a lot of votes *yeah right*, but it should really be done on proportional representation. Look at malta, i bet 10,000 people voted, yet in germany about 2,000,000. How are those two on equal footing?

I ain't a fan of the Eurovision, mainly because of the ******* countries like Finland winning it. They only joined the EU recently, and we as a founding member get buggar all.

I may have to live in antartica, at least there, there is only one country in the continent.

BM

Originally posted by Black-Monday@May 21 2006, 11:21 AM
I am ashamed to say that that 'guy/chav' came from my town. He even lives near Sale/Stockport County's ground.

I find it ironic in the course of proceedings we get no votes from the little eastern countries while we all subsidise their arse in th EU and let them come into the country.

Also it is crap. Britain may have got a lot of votes *yeah right*, but it should really be done on proportional representation. Look at malta, i bet 10,000 people voted, yet in germany about 2,000,000. How are those two on equal footing?

I ain't a fan of the Eurovision, mainly because of the ******* countries like Finland winning it. They only joined the EU recently, and we as a founding member get buggar all.

I may have to live in antartica, at least there, there is only one country in the continent.

BM
Calm down, it is just a shitty song contest.

Originally posted by Black-Monday@May 21 2006, 12:21 PM

BM
Agree with Harrison - no one except the Eastern European and Scandanavian countries care.

Notice how the UK, France, Spain, Switzerland, Germany etc never win?

Probably because Central/Western Europe treats it as a laugh, quite right too.

Originally posted by SaintsFan_Webby+May 21 2006, 01:54 PM-->
<!--QuoteBegin-Black-Monday
@May 21 2006, 12:21 PM

BM
Agree with Harrison - no one except the Eastern European and Scandanavian countries care.

Notice how the UK, France, Spain, Switzerland, Germany etc never win?

Probably because Central/Western Europe treats it as a laugh, quite right too. [/b]
Except Ireland they take it seriously!!!

I hope we take a stance like Italy and Austria, just not entering.

I have never really cared about the Eurovision, but the voting annoyed me slightly.

Good on Finland winning, it shows that dressing in funny suits is a sure fire way of winning.

BM

You do realise that was what the band always looks like and wasn't a silly costume especially for the contest?

(excluding the Finland santa hats anyway).

I don't think you quite got the grasp of what I said, it means that a country sending in a 'different' band, was always going to win.

BM

BM the eurovision is nothing to do with the EU, its europe, there were numerous countries involved who arent in the EU and who have been winning it before they were being subsidised by the countries of the EU.

I'm assuming that when you say we get 'buggAr (have you become a pirate?) all' i hope you mean in subsidies, not in votes? You seem to have got far too involved in what is a meaningless competition which is meant to be a fun competition and happens to be a way of uniting a continent through music for a night.

And the reason the neighbours vote for each other is a lot of them used to be in the same state and went through alot of **** together and therefore politically support each other, and also a lot of migrants in countries vote for the country they came from, therefore odd votes occur e.g. turkey 12 from germany, cos of the 'gastarbeiter'.

The Uk isnt popular because we support America, and cos we send shitty middle aged white rapper chavs.

UK wasn't a founding member of the European Union and Ireland haven't taken the Eurovision seriously since we won it 10 years ago and said we couldn't be arsed paying to host this thing again, Brian Kennedy doesn't count cause he's a sad twat whose career is on the same level as Eurovision.

Originally posted by Black-Monday@May 21 2006, 11:21 AM

BM
Plus he resides in St. Helens.

Latest posts