• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

European Championships Qualifiers

if anything I think it's more of an indication that my dislike for his has increased. A gobshite is a person with proper feelings and a semblance of intelligence, while a brick is an inanimate object. Perhaps I do Stan a disservice though, he does flap his arms from time to time. [/b]

fr.jack.jpg

An Tarbh loves his brick! ;)

WE SHOULD HAVE BEATEN THE CZECHS!!

ireland dont scare me, we will beat them!!

wales honestly aint that bad, anyone who would have seen the slovak game knows that we didnt play bad!! as strange as that sounds!!

we outplayed the czechs and should have won, it is that simple. with a full side out the likes of giggs, bellamy, koumas and bale will terrorise your guys!!

and what do you mean the welsh, :) ian rush, mark hughes, john charles, to name a few!!

Wales are ruuuubish at football these days. What puzzles me is how they can make such progress in 2002(ish?) and then fall back so much you can't even beat Cyprus. Toshak doesn't have a clue, that's the problem.

Well the game I'm talking about was ages ago.

Anyway the point I'm making is that Wales showed great promise under Hughes, but now Wales are absolutley rubbish again. The problem isn't the players, there are enough Welsh players with talent to have Wales at least put in a serious bid for qualification. What you need is a decent gaffer. It's like Scotland and Berti Vogts a few years back. Obviously our squad has talent, has we're top of our qualification group, but that same group of players were struggling to get a draw against the Faroe Isles under Thirty Volts. If Wales want to progress they need to get a new gaffer, I know that alot of Welsh fans aren't happy with Toshak and I can't blame them.

im reasonably happy with him, hes bought in a fresh crop of youngsters, and have helped develop players like lewin nyatanga and gareth bale!!

Yeah, but you need results. Wales haven't qualified for anything since the 50s and it's high time they did!

Roy Keane's well timed rant at the FAI should serve Ireland well this weekend, certainly bound to have more of an impact than anything that Stan has to say. Although as he said previously that we do tend to play well in March so things should take care of themselves then. He did say the same thing though ahead of the Germany match in September though. :wall: :wall: :wall:

well it's a poorer side now it's been announced, no Doyle but for some insane reason Douglas is starting instead of him. Finnan is playing at left back with O'Shea at right back, apparently according to Stan they're more comfortable playing there. How embarrassing it is to be in a position where we're going to struggle to beat Wales at home.

Interesting graphic just come up on the screen there, we're bottom of our group when you take the results against San Marino out of the equation.

I know this group was always going to be a big ask but there's no reason why we can't be in contention to qualify with a proper coach.

predictable enough really in the end, Ireland were never going to lose cause Wales were so much more worse than we are, it's bad enough being an Irish fan at the moment but certainly wouldn't want to be a Welsh fan. Dreadful game though, if we can only barely beat this bad of a Welsh team than we're not going to be in any shape for the world cup qualifying campaign.

well following the drivel in Dublin today there should be a proper match to look forward to in Tel Aviv with England taking on Israel. Not an easy place to go to as the last qualifying campaign proved but still can't see past an England win, despite some decent results for the Israelis.

Much improved performance from Ireland against Slovakia, gone a little off the boil in the second half but we are a team low on confidence, can't see us losing this one though.

England giving their supporters an anxious time in Barcelona against Andorra, but to be honest it's nothing we've not seen before, they're held 0-0 by these **** teams like Liechenstein, Northern Ireland yet in the second half they came out and won 4-0 both times, would expect the very same here tonight.

Was always going to be easy for Wales against San Marino, although their qualification chances are as dead as ours, so not that much to be gained out of these remaining qualification games bar blooding some newbies for the world cup campaign.

Scotland seem to be struggling in Bari with Italy looking to kill off the game rather than settle for their 1-0 lead.

I plumped for giving England a miss and going to a charity friendly between The Everton Former Players Foundation and a Barcelona Veterans 11...much more fun. 'Plump' was the operative word too :

efc__1175115722_reid.jpg

Go 'ead there Reidy la

What can you say about England....the crisis has it's own momentum now. The fans want blood...you can't defend the players against charges of complacency & McClaren just isn't an inspirer. What was Stevie G's celebrations all about...and earring the Andorra fans? Good Lord!

I'm ashamed to be English. It's nothing to do with players, performance, manager or anything like that... it's to do with the knobhead fans who were at the game last night. If the ball got passed backwards, boos started ringing out. I am a big believer of NEVER booing your own team but to do it during a game and when you've just won 3-0? What a bunch of troglodytes.

the lack of confidence was there for all to see from the players - and with "supporters" like that it's hardly surprising at all. f*** off back to Canvey Island or whoever you support.

I'm ashamed to be English. It's nothing to do with players, performance, manager or anything like that... it's to do with the knobhead fans who were at the game last night. If the ball got passed backwards, boos started ringing out. I am a big believer of NEVER booing your own team but to do it during a game and when you've just won 3-0? What a bunch of troglodytes.

the lack of confidence was there for all to see from the players - and with "supporters" like that it's hardly surprising at all. f*** off back to Canvey Island or whoever you support.
[/b]

I broadly agree with you but McClaren's smirking and the stupid platitudes spouted by the players don't help. Those blerts who travelled to Andorra got what they secretly wanted....leave them to it. It's a self-fulfilling prophecy now....I suppose ultimately it'll result in that charlatan chancer losing that job he should never have got in the first place. Pity Psycho & Paul Jewell are having such a bad time of it at the moment, they'd be good candidates with a bit more experience under their belts.

I have to say though the one time I went to see England it was surprisingly enjoyable...I'd always wanted to see my country play but thought it might be full of idiots. It was a really good laugh, top atmosphere.

We have done something that england might not do make there confederations tournament. :p

I shall be following the fortunes of Deutschland and hoping they make the second round as they have failed for the last two. :(

Good win for Ireland, if they beat the Czeck rep away, and they lose a match somewhere els, then the race for 2nd place is on in group D.. Germany have won that group as there next 3 matches are agains minnows San Marino twice and Cyprus, so their already garenteed 9 points... thats 21 points lol..

Latest posts