• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

Excercise and it's a ********

I launch full on tomorrow into The Official Nate Rowlan Un-Chubby Program! I'm bringing sexy back.

I always find all this stuff to be a way of getting around your diet, pure and simple, the body is balanced on how much you take in and lose in a day.

All this needing of minerals and vitamins is rubbish on their own. The body was designed to live off what was in natural foods, so why do we now need to take tablets to be healthy?

I say, if you are really arsed about it, do a bit of exercise a day, some light weights, and I mean light! Eat something healthy like a salad etc.. and simply, put down the chocalate and takeaway. Oh and drink lots of natural water, maybe get rid of the stuff from tap water?

I found this simple method to be very effective when I was arsed, not so much now.. but it works. So don't feel you need to become all serious about it.

BM
[/b]

Couldn't agree more!

Consistency and persistency of effort are the key and when I mention to anyone to simply clean up their diet and look at eating clean wholesome food stuffs (the 'from its source' rule works a treat e.g. you wouldn't pick a jaffa cake off a tree <_< ) then the results initially are great.

What I am all about however, is getting a result as quick possible. Thankfully I am in the job of helping people with this and the methods I posted will certainly help.

Enjoy the ride and remember all of this is about improving health AND fitness for rugby. You can't have one without the other.

Let us know how you all get on. Keep the results coming in!

John

http://www.getfitforrugby.com

my plan to start losing my weight back in september kinda got interrupted when my daughter was born, i just gave up my healthy eating.

I went from 187kg down to 172kg in like 7 weeks and now im back at 184.5kg

my knee is still a huge problem and im due for an mri scan in the next couple of weeks, I feel pretty stink since i got so much support from the TRFers and just gave it up.

so if its alright id like to put my name forward and join the "TRF Drop that belly" campaign

it could be quite interesting to see done properly and enough people entering, competition always seems to drive me

my plan to start losing my weight back in september kinda got interrupted when my daughter was born, i just gave up my healthy eating.

I went from 187kg down to 172kg in like 7 weeks and now im back at 184.5kg

my knee is still a huge problem and im due for an mri scan in the next couple of weeks, I feel pretty stink since i got so much support from the TRFers and just gave it up.

so if its alright id like to put my name forward and join the "TRF Drop that belly" campaign

it could be quite interesting to see done properly and enough people entering, competition always seems to drive me
[/b]

That's great EVOL! Back into the swing of things and sorry to hear about your knee.

Lets get as many names and stats up here to get the ball rolling.

John

Get Fit for Rugby

So after 1 week (including the new years pissup which I wasn't going to miss)... I'm down to 15st3!

Not a bad start. Improved the diet a lot by using a steaming gadget for chicken and veg while I use a george foreman grill I've had hidden at the back of a cupboard for all other meats instead of the griddle pan (pitty, I like my griddle pan).

I also havn't smoked for a couple of days, considering quitting again. One thing at a time, but let's see ho this weeks goes first.

I was reading some of the diaries of players on GETFITFORRUGBY and it has lead me to believe that maby training isnt everything, And Genetics make up for most of it. Or Players dont train hard enough. Now most of the player or all of the players diaries talking about speed and strength were from Ireland. Now I dont want to sound Boased or anything, But I havnt seen one Irish International &s or 15s Who has blew me away with his speed, Power, and Agility.

Its like when I come to Canada, I see all these guys puting so much effort into becoming Faster and Stronger with Uni Personal Trainers, and they are no where near as Fast, Strong, Or Agile as the Islanders ive seen in Tonga, Samoa, Fiji, New Zealand, Australia. And not just Islanders, But Aboriginals.

No worries guys about wanting inspiration on wanting to see if anyone else is lazy, I was watching a program on TV, and this Generation is the Laziest and most OBESE EVER!!!

I was reading some of the diaries of players on GETFITFORRUGBY and it has lead me to believe that maby training isnt everything, And Genetics make up for most of it. Or Players dont train hard enough. Now most of the player or all of the players diaries talking about speed and strength were from Ireland. Now I dont want to sound Boased or anything, But I havnt seen one Irish International &s or 15s Who has blew me away with his speed, Power, and Agility.

Its like when I come to Canada, I see all these guys puting so much effort into becoming Faster and Stronger with Uni Personal Trainers, and they are no where near as Fast, Strong, Or Agile as the Islanders ive seen in Tonga, Samoa, Fiji, New Zealand, Australia. And not just Islanders, But Aboriginals.

No worries guys about wanting inspiration on wanting to see if anyone else is lazy, I was watching a program on TV, and this Generation is the Laziest and most OBESE EVER!!!
[/b]

I agree. The islanders are amazing physically and really need little work to put on lbs and lbs of lean muscle mass. With their clean, natural diets this really means they exaggerate their natural genetic potential to be 'built for rugby'.

Rugby has changed an awful lot in the last 10 years though and physcial preparation and getting fit for rugby has been the catalyst for this. You only have to look at the speed of the game.

In terms of comparing the likes of Ireland with Fiji or other Islanders then I would disagree with strength, power, fitness levels etc being miles apart. In some instances the Irish are better.

It comes down to expressing this force on the field. Islanders are born to run, hit and love the contact hence the amazing physical feats that the likes of Gerry Collins and co put in on match day.

It is this area of fitness in rugby that the northern hemishphere are working on to close the gap.

Keep those stats coming in! It really is great to see!

John

Get Fit for Rugby

I intend to join this when I get off that blasted late shift... I have a tonne of things to do include coach a football team!

I'll be joining up with you lot in February. I'm in the middle of a big move at the moment so don't want to commit myself if I'm not going into it at 100%. :)

I'll post a before shot with stats and then perhaps at monthly intervals measure up again and see how I'm doing.

Can't start yet...must eat the rest of my selection boxes.
mmmmm............chocolate.

Let's get Fit!
Eric-Prydz-Call-on-Me.jpg

well i am 5'3 and 93kgs o_O heaviest i have ever been.

started my diet, not going to eat any junk food and as little carbs as possible. ie none to start with. also going to give up coffee and as much sugar as i can.

todays food.
breakfast - scrambled eegs.
lunch - um.. forgot to have lunch. been busy at work lol.
dinner. not sure yet. i have mussels in the fridge. some carrots and broccoli, doesnt sound to exciting but will do the trick for me. might cook me up something else as well. depending on what i have in the fridge :)

eat carrots, they have barely any calories at all, and they will fill you up..

also

cut out white flour and sugar and you'll be set

a diet of carrots, sounds interesting
[/b]

Well dont go all for carrots only

heres what my diet is

Morning:
1 Cup Multi Grain Cheerioes Cereal w/ 1 Cup Skim Milk about 200 Calories
1 Bananna 90-100 Calories

Lunch:
1 Healthy Choice Soup (170 Calories)
1 Sandwhich made on Whole Wheat Bread, with 3 oz. of ham 210 Calories
Carrots.. as many as i choose 35 Calories in 10 Baby Carrots

Dinner:
Whatever dish is made for that particular night, i eat a decent amount and daily i eat roughly 1400-1600 calories, as a matter of fact i lost 4 pounds last week.

Just focus on cutting out your white flour (chips, bread and stuff of that sort thats made from white flour) now if you want bread, make sure you get Whole Wheat, its really healthy for you and it gives you fiber and protein which are good.

Also work on cutting out a good deal of your sugars, which means no more Coca Cola!! IF you still wish to drink soda i reccomend Coke Zero as it is no sugar, or calories but still tastes like the normal thing.

And most improtantly, make sure you do have a free meal maybe once every week or two, or you will just crave and that will be detrimental to your diet. For example tonight i am having pizza as part of a 'free' meal. But that doesnt mean you can just eat anything that day, try to stick to what your normal diet is for the whole day and then try to make say your dinner your free meal.

<div class='quotemain'>
a diet of carrots, sounds interesting
[/b]

Well dont go all for carrots only

heres what my diet is

Morning:
1 Cup Multi Grain Cheerioes Cereal w/ 1 Cup Skim Milk about 200 Calories
1 Bananna 90-100 Calories

Lunch:
1 Healthy Choice Soup (170 Calories)
1 Sandwhich made on Whole Wheat Bread, with 3 oz. of ham 210 Calories
Carrots.. as many as i choose 35 Calories in 10 Baby Carrots

Dinner:
Whatever dish is made for that particular night, i eat a decent amount and daily i eat roughly 1400-1600 calories, as a matter of fact i lost 4 pounds last week.

Just focus on cutting out your white flour (chips, bread and stuff of that sort thats made from white flour) now if you want bread, make sure you get Whole Wheat, its really healthy for you and it gives you fiber and protein which are good.

Also work on cutting out a good deal of your sugars, which means no more Coca Cola!! IF you still wish to drink soda i reccomend Coke Zero as it is no sugar, or calories but still tastes like the normal thing.

And most improtantly, make sure you do have a free meal maybe once every week or two, or you will just crave and that will be detrimental to your diet. For example tonight i am having pizza as part of a 'free' meal. But that doesnt mean you can just eat anything that day, try to stick to what your normal diet is for the whole day and then try to make say your dinner your free meal.
[/b][/quote]

One tool that we use with our athletes is a 'compliance grid'. This helps with seeing the big picture when it comes to diet and also for allowing to factor in cheat meals when on a body composition programme i.e. losing body fat.

To make your grid - draw a table. Along the top have the days of the week and down the side the number of meals - 5 or 6. Divide these up.

When you have a meal consisting of a) a lean source of protein B) fruits and veggies and c) fibrous carbs then mark it with a tick. If any of these components are missing then mark with a X.

Ideally you want to be shooting for a 90% adherence. If you are eating 35 meals a week (7 days x 5 meals per day) then that leaves 10% to throw out the window or cheat meals so to speak. 90 % would give you 4 cheat meals.

This is a crucial tool in helping see the bigger picture.

Keep up the good work

John Lark

Get Fit for Rugby - 16 Week Programme for all Positions

yeah i was only joking about the carrots thing, but i do like to snack during the day and carrots are a good "snack" though i havnt got around to actualy buying any yet!!!!

i like the idea of a "free meal" but i want to see how disaplined i am. cause if i start with that ill just fall off the wagon, i know myself to well for that.

Latest posts