• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

Exeter Chiefs 2018/19

I honestly don't know. I'd forgotten about Rimmer retiring. I know of Owlett (Scottish U20) but apart from that I'm struggling.

On the tight side there's Holmes but not sure about anyone else?

I imagine it'll be:
1. Low
3. Holmes

17. Kenny/Keast
18. Street

Or maybe start Street with Holmes going to loosehead and Low benching, but I'd have thought that's unlikely.

exeter-jpg.6824

1. Low, Keast
3. Holmes, Street

International or injuries
1 hepburn, moon
3 williams, francais
4 skinner
5 Jhill
8 SSimmonds
9 white
11 woodburn
13 slade
14 nowell

Missing a first choice player in 9 positions including our first 2 choice THPs, LHPs and Locks

We shpuld be fine we have a strong well drilled team but its a big loss for us

I imagine it'll be:
1. Low
3. Holmes

17. Kenny/Keast
18. Street

Or maybe start Street with Holmes going to loosehead and Low benching, but I'd have thought that's unlikely.

I forgot about Street. He looked good for England U20s and I know he's highly rated at Chiefs.

So Chiefs lost to a team with 14 men, i missed most of the game and watched bits on my phone but thats it. I know losses to Ewers and SSimmonds and JHill make a big difference but what happened this game as we looked quite strong at times?

Accuracy was poor compared to recent weeks, looked like they started to panic a bit

Accuracy was poor compared to recent weeks, looked like they started to panic a bit
How did lawday and lonsdale do? As they will be needed in the coming months i think. Ewers was a big loss he power has really showed and helped recently.

So Chiefs lost to a team with 14 men, i missed most of the game and watched bits on my phone but thats it. I know losses to Ewers and SSimmonds and JHill make a big difference but what happened this game as we looked quite strong at times?
Ex were owned at the breakdown as well.

Yup,
You often see that when a team is a man up, it's like they think they should be smashing them so start flinging the ball around and forgetting the basics

Stuart Hogg to Chiefs at the end od the season. Great signing.

So back 3.
11cordero. 14. Nowell. 15 Hogg. 23 Woodburn/Cuthbert.

How ever you play it we have strong back 3.

So back 3.
11cordero. 14. Nowell. 15 Hogg. 23 Woodburn/Cuthbert.

How ever you play it we have strong back 3.
There were rumours of Cordero going to Wasps next season. For me, Hogg coming confirms his leaving, even if not necessarily to Wasps.

There were rumours of Cordero going to Wasps next season. For me, Hogg coming confirms his leaving, even if not necessarily to Wasps.

That would significantly nullify Hoggs arrival, especially as he will be missing large chunks of the season. I think it would be better to keep Cordero and have him all season.
Would be good to see that back 3 in action though..

Hogg's a fantasy signing, WOW if it's confirmed however wondering what the knock on effect his signing will have regarding contract renewal's, just had a quick glance at contracts up next year, I believe LCD, Hepburn, Nowell, S Simmonds, Slade and Devoto's are up next year, there's more but that's the pick of the bunch...

Hogg's a fantasy signing, WOW if it's confirmed however wondering what the knock on effect his signing will have regarding contract renewal's, just had a quick glance at contracts up next year, I believe LCD, Hepburn, Nowell, S Simmonds, Slade and Devoto's are up next year, there's more but that's the pick of the bunch...

I thought Nowell, Simmonds and Slade signed new contracts recently,but apparently LCD is waiting and hasnt renewed yet.

I thought Nowell, Simmonds and Slade signed new contracts recently,but apparently LCD is waiting and hasnt renewed yet.
Last I heard Slade was in talks for 450k a year for 2 years and Nowell 350k a year for 2 years but as far as I'm aware neither have signed on yet...I may be wrong though.

Latest posts