• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

Exeter Chiefs 2018/19

So with cordero, woodburn, nowell and cuthbert all fit and available who's going to move to our first choice 11, 14 and 23 and who misses out. And who is our second choice 15 atm? I like dolmen but still dont rate him that highly. He gets injured, nowells played there but my thoughts would be cordero?

Difficult, I'd go with 11 - Cordero, 14- Cuthbert, 15- Nowell with Woodburn to cover. Harsh on Dollman though, he's been a good servant to Chiefs.

Can't see Baxter going with anyone other than Dollman at 15; he's shown no interest in playing Cordero there and past experiments with Nowell have been pretty unsuccessful. Nowell's a bolted on starter at 14, so really it's Cordero, Cuthbert and Woodburn all battling for the 11 shirt. I'd go with Cordero; he's been in great form this season whereas Woodburn hasn't been very impressive since the end of last year's Europe pool stages. Cuthbert's yet to prove himself, so I would imagine that for now at least the 23 shirt is Woodburn's, but Cuthbert could definitely overtake him before Woodburn returns from injury.

I get dollmen as first choice but we must have a back up, any young talented FB comong through who he thinks will slot in because having just dollmen is dangerous as he is injiry prone and age is not on his side. I would like cordero to get a chance playing,

11 Woodburn/cuthbert
14 nowell
15 cordero

A real quick attacking 15 unless he defence is questionable ?

I get dollmen as first choice but we must have a back up, any young talented FB comong through who he thinks will slot in because having just dollmen is dangerous as he is injiry prone and age is not on his side. I would like cordero to get a chance playing,

11 Woodburn/cuthbert
14 nowell
15 cordero

A real quick attacking 15 unless he defence is questionable ?
I wouldn't be Surprised if Simmonds would be the one to slot in there if Dollman was injured. Much more of a direct replacement for Dollman than Cordero or Nowell would be.

I wouldn't be Surprised if Simmonds would be the one to slot in there if Dollman was injured. Much more of a direct replacement for Dollman than Cordero or Nowell would be.

Joe Simmonds? Really? Thought he was literally just FH.never heard anything other.

Same here. Never heard of Joe Simmonds being anything other than a 10.

The simplest solution would be to have Cordero at 15, Nowell at 14 and Woodburn and Cuthbert competing for the 11/23 shirts.

Playing yor best FB at FB? that'll never catch on!

Next you'll be saying that Bath should experiment with Watson at FB one of these days

PC gone mad I tells you - at this rate you'll be saying that giving player concussion is a BAD thing!

With skinner, woodburn, white already out we've now lost J Hill and S Simmonds for a large part of the season. Big loss for us. So atkins, dennis, ewers, kvesic, armand? Still a good squad but significantly weakened with our injuries.

What is Skinner's injury? AFAIK, they've not actually said why he's out?

No idea he got took off 10 min into round 2 with some injury and hasnt played since, so i can only guess it's an injury keeping him out as he'd be my first choice along with JHill

He's all of a suddern fit now hills out, hope its as he he ready and not rushed back to fill a gap haha

Yeah - I thought the same. Still - good to see him back.

Sam Skinner is Scottish? Never knew that one but fair play he's done well for us and deserves his shot.

It'll be interesting to see how you guys get on given the additional call-ups for Moon, Hepburn and Skinner.

With the injuries to Jonny Hill and Sam Simmonds as well, your pack is taking a big hit. As I see it you're down to 3rd choice loosehead, 3rd choice tighthead and 3rd and 4th choice locks.

What does that leave you with? Something like:

1. Rimmer?
2. Cowan-Dickie
3. Holmes?
4. Atkins
5. Dennis
6. Ewers
7. Armand
8. Kvesic

Don't get me wrong, that's still a fairly good Premiership pack, but it's some way short of your usual lineup. Presumably academy props on the bench?

It'll be interesting to see how you guys get on given the additional call-ups for Moon, Hepburn and Skinner.

With the injuries to Jonny Hill and Sam Simmonds as well, your pack is taking a big hit. As I see it you're down to 3rd choice loosehead, 3rd choice tighthead and 3rd and 4th choice locks.

What does that leave you with? Something like:

1. Rimmer?
2. Cowan-Dickie
3. Holmes?
4. Atkins
5. Dennis
6. Ewers
7. Armand
8. Kvesic

Don't get me wrong, that's still a fairly good Premiership pack, but it's some way short of your usual lineup. Presumably academy props on the bench?

Whats our depth like at LHP? Rimmer then who?

Hope sean lonsdale gets some game time at lock, i dont mind atkins but hes not one for the future. He seems a good players same as Lawday. Use this to give them experience.

Skinner getting called up surprised me(and messes up my fantasy team lol already light on locks) shame the Scots undercut us for him.

Whats our depth like at LHP? Rimmer then who?

Hope sean lonsdale gets some game time at lock, i dont mind atkins but hes not one for the future. He seems a good players same as Lawday. Use this to give them experience.

Skinner getting called up surprised me(and messes up my fantasy team lol already light on locks) shame the Scots undercut us for him.

Rimmer had to retire in the summer.

Latest posts