• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

Exeter Chiefs thread

It's a shame I can't have Exeter as my English club anymore now that they're known for harbouring traitors. Hopefully Christ, Daf, Joe and a few of the other boys at the west county Welsh academy can show him the door and I can support my beloved Exeter again.

Be a real shame if the rumour about Slade being in talks with Stade is true, who replaces him?

He's been a big part of everything we've done this season, with all the young talent coming through we needed some experience to keep it going.

We need a couple of signings next season IMO, mainly 10. But do we have a 13 prospect?

Be a real shame if the rumour about Slade being in talks with Stade is true, who replaces him?

He's been a big part of everything we've done this season, with all the young talent coming through we needed some experience to keep it going.

We need a couple of signings next season IMO, mainly 10. But do we have a 13 prospect?
I think Skinner is the long term project at 13, always have. So yes, a 10 signing looks obvious and needed. I'm actually quite gutted we couldn't tempt Atkinson as I think he would have suited our style and new direction really well. Baxter knows best. It appears quite a few teams will be trying to emulate the success of this rebuild.

I think the club will go all out for Slade though. With Gray going too we certainly have the capacity to spend if that's the plan. England duty and a 2 year contract would be lovely.

I think Skinner is the long term project at 13, always have. So yes, a 10 signing looks obvious and needed. I'm actually quite gutted we couldn't tempt Atkinson as I think he would have suited our style and new direction really well. Baxter knows best. It appears quite a few teams will be trying to emulate the success of this rebuild.

I think the club will go all out for Slade though. With Gray going too we certainly have the capacity to spend if that's the plan. England duty and a 2 year contract would be lovely.
Skinner to 13 really? Ive never seen him play there? Nor do i thinks he is good enpugh to fill Slades position. I see him as a good prem 10 and nothing more.

With all who have left we are well below the cap, id prefer to develop but 1 or 2 big signings could take us to the next level, im just not sure who. Hapoy with our pack, SH IC and back 3. We need a 10/13 IMO

Im just not sure what type of players will suit us. A 10 who can kick would be a start though, Slades done some great kicks but he isnt a great kicker.

Great to see Capstick return from injury yesterday. Been out since October 2022. Looks like he's packed on a lot of muscle mass. Gonna be some serious competition for back row spots with him, Roots, Vermeulen, Fisilau, Vincent and Tshiunza.

I think Wimbush is the hope at 13. Looks more like a 12 to me, but I think 13 is his preference which kind of makes sense given he's quick enough to play on the wing.

Latest posts