• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

Exeter Chiefs 2018/19

LCD not signing, Leicester and quins sniffing.
Prob why hes not picked today.
Shame.
yeandle not up to it IMO.

We always knew it was going to crunch Exeter soon. No further cap increase, but plenty of players wanting/deserving raises.
It won't be just Exeter either, most consistent are likely to lose some big names (not Sarries of course, they do seem immune to such problems)

LCD not signing, Leicester and quins sniffing.
Prob why hes not picked today.
Shame.
yeandle not up to it IMO.
Terrible news!
No yendle is a very good club player but not first choice, we really need to get looking i wonder whos available for us to sign? Dont think the i want yendle tione innard. Is good enought o win the prem.

We always knew it was going to crunch Exeter soon. No further cap increase, but plenty of players wanting/deserving raises.
It won't be just Exeter either, most consistent are likely to lose some big names (not Sarries of course, they do seem immune to such problems)
We've still got the biggest squad in the prem I believe, I'd rather trim the fat and retain our better players but yeah I knew it was coming, technically we have 4 front rowers who when coming to re-negotiating their deals can say they are England internationals even if they are 3rd or 4th choice in their respective positions internationally, there's a big wedge right there, also I've heard £1.6mil has been put a side for Slade and Nowell to cover their contracts over 2 seasons, Hogg's on a reported half a mil a season as a marquee, not sure of the other, factor in Skinner's rise and the likes of Francis, Armand, Ewers, Simmonds, Kvesic etc, something was going to have to give....

Terrible news!
No yendle is a very good club player but not first choice, we really need to get looking i wonder whos available for us to sign? Dont think the i want yendle tione innard. Is good enought o win the prem.
If LCD's going because of the cap and he's been deemed expendable then you've got no chance of getting a hooker of that standard as they want the same or similar, if LCD fancies a change of scenery and it's his choice then fair enough, I'm bitterly disappointed but Chiefs go on...

We've still got the biggest squad in the prem I believe, I'd rather trim the fat and retain our better players but yeah I knew it was coming, technically we have 4 front rowers who when coming to re-negotiating their deals can say they are England internationals even if they are 3rd or 4th choice in their respective positions internationally, there's a big wedge right there, also I've heard £1.6mil has been put a side for Slade and Nowell to cover their contracts over 2 seasons, Hogg's on a reported half a mil a season as a marquee, not sure of the other, factor in Skinner's rise and the likes of Francis, Armand, Ewers, Simmonds, Kvesic etc, something was going to have to give....
As far as I could tell, whilst putting together the squad list and pecking order for all 12 teams together... Bath, Bristol, Quins and Worcester all have larger senior squads, but you command the biggest academy, and the biggest senior+academy squad.

Actually, take out Sale, with their suicidally small squad, and your 1 player above average for senior squad numbers.

Chiefs starting 15 v quins

15 Phil Dollman

14 Tom O'Flaherty

13 Ian Whitten

12 Sam Hill

11 Alex Cuthbert

10 Joe Simmonds

9 Nic White

1 Moray Low

2 Jack Yeandle (capt)

3 Greg Holmes

4 Mitch Lees

5 Dave Dennis

6 Dave Ewers

7 Don Armand

8 Matt Kvesic

They lost to quins who deserved the win but damn we have alot of injuries and rested players, shows our depth.

Chiefs first choice team for comparison.

1 Moon

2 LCD

3 William

4 JHill

5 Skinner

6 Ewers

7 Armand (though kvesics pushing)

8 SSimmonds

9 White

10 Steenson

11 Cordero

12 Devoto

13 Slade

14 Nowell

15 Dollmen

The defference in these teams is alot.

With the lack of English 12s getting game time , I really interested to see Devoto get a full season under his belt but is he injured again?

I really like Hill when he came on the schene as well but not sure why he hasn't been looked at.

LCD'd be mad to leave right now. He's in one of two clubs not currently in the relegation scrap. Plus moving to Quins? Take your inflated wage and see how long it lasts in Twickenham!

LCD'd be mad to leave right now. He's in one of two clubs not currently in the relegation scrap. Plus moving to Quins? Take your inflated wage and see how long it lasts in Twickenham!

According to Rugby Post this week he has come to his senses and is going to sign a new contract soon.

With the lack of English 12s getting game time , I really interested to see Devoto get a full season under his belt but is he injured again?

I really like Hill when he came on the schene as well but not sure why he hasn't been looked at.

Looked fit enough scoring a try on Friday night

So mid season topping the table and 15 points clear from 3rd.
9 wins 9 TBP
2 losses 2 LBPs

1st on league table
2nd on games won (lost by 2 points and 3 points)
2nd on points scored (5 points behind sarries)
1st on points conceded
1st on points difference
1st on tries scored
1st on tries conceded
1st on TBP
1st on LBP(if you count on available bonus points(2 losses 2 LBPs))

Chiefs have done well especially with injuries and internationals, losing SSimmonds Jhill LCD woodburn white to injury, and Hepburn moon williams skinner slade nowell to internationals.

So it all makes for good reading to a chiefs fan but what do we need to do to stay on track because we are not unbeatable, weve draw 1 and lost 2 in europe and lost 2 prem games. Europe has been dissapointing yet again and i dont know what it is thats holding us back there.

But what are peoples thoughts on the first half of the prem season and what do we need to change over the next 11 rounds to ensure we keep the top spot and have a real chance of winning the grand final this season?

Slightly gutted that you guys have started playing Nowel at 15 now.....after you've signed Hogg.

There's a lot of people that said they'd like to see him tried at FB for a while. Could have been a long term option there for England.

Slightly gutted that you guys have started playing Nowel at 15 now.....after you've signed Hogg.

There's a lot of people that said they'd like to see him tried at FB for a while. Could have been a long term option there for England.
Also gutted that when we get hogg, he'll be away with scotland and our second choice will be away with england so nowell cant even be a back up for international duty.

EJ could still give him a run there, he's tried other's who don't play FB regularly for their clubs and the 6N would be ideal...

Devoto and Woodburn sign on for a further 2 years and Dollman signs for 1 more giving him 10 years service, great news all round for me...

Latest posts