• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

experts surely will be required in order to rate players???????

pasc1612

Academy Player
There was in my opinion a serious over valuation of certain so called big names in the last rugby games and an devaluation of some excelent 'young' prospects. As well as weeker teams always having across the board weak players, so even stand out players at weaker clubs or countries were rated pourly, i.e all of the saracens would be rubish, even richard hill... just because sarries were pants at that time. therefore i am just asking the question will there be some people who really know the sport rating players and teams on the many many constraints !!!!

Hmmm... They are never going to please everyone... I thought that the Saracens (in Rugby 06) weren't too bad, Shane Byrne - 81, Tane Randell - 82, Richard Hill - 89 Hugh Vyvyan - 85, Glen Jackson - 86, Andy Farrell - 84 and Nicky Little - 79... those are some pretty good stats...

couldn't agree with you more, on games like fifa, you'll get the best players being right up there but not rater 20 better than someone whos playing in the same team, I mean, seeing nick easter rated in the 50's made me cry and seeing carlos spencer rater higher than dan carter? Bit of a joke really.

As long as you can customize player stats, I don't care what the ratings are. There are players who some think are brilliant, that I think are often average. Muliaina got really high praze last season, where as I thought he played fairly poorly. It's too subjective to expect everyone will be happy, so as long as I can change my stats so Umaga is higher than O'Driscoll, I don't care.

Yeah, unless they can get a panel of experts from each country the stats need to be editable... Even if once you've filled the trophy cabinet on hard you unlock 50 bonus stat points for each player that you can attribute how you wish, this would make sure no teams were too ridiculous and so that we'd be encouraged to play all game modes/tournaments

Define "experts". All "ratings" are down to one persons opinion at the end of the day. Is an expert someone who's well into the game and rates certain players. How is that no different to someone who rates other players?

It's fine, I'm doing it,

Some samples:

Toby Flood - 100
Chris Ashton - 100
Ronan O'Gara - 1
Backies Botha - 0
Beast - 0
Kevin Mealamu - 2
Richie McCaw - 2
Dan Carter - 5

It's fine, I'm doing it,

Some samples:

Toby Flood - 100
Chris Ashton - 100
Ronan O'Gara - 1
Backies Botha - 0
Beast - 0
Kevin Mealamu - 2
Richie McCaw - 2
Dan Carter - 5

Expert

so as long as I can change my stats so Umaga is higher than O'Driscoll, I don't care.

Umaga was higher than O'Driscoll at approx 7:37 PM on June 25, 2005.

So was Keven Mealamu.

...Sorry. I'll get my coat.....

Technically BOD was still higher than them then...well his feet were, anyway
naughty.gif

Attributes like speed, acceleration, stamina and strength can all be done pretty accurately since teams often do sprints, beep tests and weights as part of their training. Goal kicking can be done reasonably accurately based on the players goal kicking percentage but other things like command or aggression are pretty much someones opinion... Although on the night mentioned earlier Umaga and Mealamu showed a fair bit of 'aggression'

Hmmm... Maybe aggression shouldn't be considered a good thing.

Matt dunning - 100 a prop who can drop goals for fun.. surely thats worth 100...

Hey now, I'm the one who is doing the rating.

Dunning gets a 97 btw, loses 3 for getting rid of the mullet

Agreed cornrows decrease speed and charisma .... Mullets increase all stats including Magic and woodcutting.