• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

F. Steyn kicks a 65m DG

Nobody out of SA seems to rate the guy.

Somebody show me a 22 year old who has done anything similar to what he has done on the International stage.

Did Jonah Lomu count? Or Joe Rokocoko?

Last edited by a moderator:
I rate the guy highly as a player, even if he comes across as a bit of a cock off the field. That drop is just amazing, though I get what Dullonian says about the whole 'shot to nothing' mentality. The guy is a class counter attacker too, so he's an all round good player tbh.
I remember Dan Biggar kicking a similar drop goal, not quite as long, but not far off and still very impressive.

Anyone can be in the team. Not every player in every world cup winning squad is outstanding.

I think he's quite a good player, not as orgasmic as some to believe, but a very dependable player.

Nobody out of SA seems to rate the guy.

Somebody show me a 22 year old who has done anything similar to what he has done on the International stage.

Lebron James. Michael Owen. Jonah Lomu. Maria Sharapova. B.J. Penn.

Just to name a few. ;)

Dude the point he is making, is that there is NOBODY out there like Francois Steyn. He is one of those ridiculously talented players, that comes around every now and then. He has had his moments and made his mistakes, but the fact remains that he is one hell of a player. He was very badly mis-managed here.

The main thing about Steyn that everyone knows is that he can kick well and FAR. But if he didn't have that ability would he not be classed as another solid player?

Yeah and? If Lomu wasn't as big and couldn't run over people would he still be a legend?

I think steyn is good very good ...but his kicking is by far the most important pice of his play...even though he tends to botch many dropkicks he still nails the odd screamer....however his running rugby is not what people make him out to be ..to say he is the most talented player is not true o driscoll in his youth in my opinion was far more talented ..than steyn is. ....and i dont like his hair :p

Latest posts